PDA

View Full Version : Do student developers get an additional discount off the normal developer price?

onlydroops
Sep 2, 2003, 03:50 PM
I was recently verified as a ADC Student Developer (they were very quick, btw, faxed my info in this morning and got verified this afternoon).

I was looking at developer prices before I was verified and they are the same now that I am verified. I thought they would be a little lower once I was verified as a student.

Am I right? Am I doing something wrong?

mactastic
Sep 2, 2003, 04:46 PM
No, the prices are the same for all developers. Now you just get to wait for your once-per-lifetime deal.:p

solvs
Sep 2, 2003, 05:02 PM
Hardware's the same, software might be cheaper. But you'd have to call them, you can't do it online. Notice, online ADC, that the hardware's much cheaper, but software are the same prices. Go to the online student store and software's cheaper, hardware's cheaper than regular, but not as cheap as ADC.

Just be aware that you can only use the hardware discount once with ADC.

Edot
Sep 2, 2003, 05:24 PM
Hmm. I thought you had to have a Premier membership or Select membership for 2 years to get the ADC discount. Are you sure student memberships are eligible for the ADC discount?

mactastic
Sep 2, 2003, 05:47 PM
Yes. Student developers get a once-per-lifetime ADC hardwear purchase.

Peyote
Sep 2, 2003, 08:04 PM
What does verification entail?

onlydroops
Sep 3, 2003, 10:33 AM
When you sign up as a student developer they require you to fax in a copy of your course schedule and student ID or driver's license.

Those need to be verified so that you are eligible for the once-per-lifetime discount.