PDA

View Full Version : So George, how do you feel about your mom and dad?

zimv20
Sep 2, 2003, 04:27 PM
Psychologist Oliver James analyses the behaviour of the American president

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,1033904,00.html

mactastic
Sep 2, 2003, 04:36 PM
I like this part...

He says he loathes "people who felt guilty about their lot in life because others were suffering".

tazo
Sep 2, 2003, 08:11 PM
WOW

a man who's book is selling for just over 7 dollars must really be credible :rolleyes:

Lets see you run a country, mr psycho-ologist ;) :rolleyes:

IJ Reilly
Sep 2, 2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by tazo
WOW

a man who's book is selling for just over 7 dollars must really be credible :rolleyes:

More like $13.00, but that's hardly an interesting point.

Ugg
Sep 2, 2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by tazo
WOW

Hmmm, it actually says 7.99 pounds sterling. According to today's exchange rate chart at Reuters.com that equals $12.50, about average for a softback book in the US. Credibility?

His assessment is based upon anecdotal evidence, most of which seems to have backed up by many different people. Nonetheless, it is not meant to be a psychological assessment rather a look at where gw came from and how it affects who he is today. The only truly new aspect to me anyway, was Barbara's harshness. She always seemed like a no-nonsense kind of woman but wow, sounds like spare the rod was not part of her vocabulary.

bobindashadows
Sep 3, 2003, 12:20 AM
that he is using the article to mask a simple, unabated hate, not much is new I didn't know, but it seems like nothing more than smear job... it's what politics is about nowadays... Clinton gets in office, Conservatives hate him, Bush gets in office, liberals hate him... it sickens me... I realize this isn't a political piece but I can smell the hate beneath it... and yes I'm exaggerating a bit on that last part.

And lay off tazo, so he missed the pound sign, big deal. :rolleyes:

mactastic
Sep 3, 2003, 08:57 AM
People are busting his chops because he equated the cost of the book with it's worth intellectually, which IMHO is a really bad arguement against something. Heck, a few years ago when R Limbaugh published his first book my local bookseller decided to sell the book by the pound at the same price as baloney. It ended up being about $5. Was that book worth less because it was sold for a relatively low cost? I actually picked up a Bible several years ago for 50. Not to mention the ones the people at school give out for free. I doubt you would say the Bible is worthless because I didn't pay $20 for it.

bobindashadows
Sep 3, 2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by mactastic
People are busting his chops because he equated the cost of the book with it's worth intellectually, which IMHO is a really bad arguement against something. Heck, a few years ago when R Limbaugh published his first book my local bookseller decided to sell the book by the pound at the same price as baloney. It ended up being about $5. Was that book worth less because it was sold for a relatively low cost? I actually picked up a Bible several years ago for 50. Not to mention the ones the people at school give out for free. I doubt you would say the Bible is worthless because I didn't pay $20 for it.
Yeah, but dude, you already made your point, chill, that's over. Nobody cares anymore.

mactastic
Sep 3, 2003, 09:23 AM
You cared enough to come back and post.

bobindashadows
Sep 3, 2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by mactastic
You cared enough to come back and post.
Well, I care enough about getting my stupid avatar after a year and a half of being on this forum.

mactastic
Sep 3, 2003, 10:06 AM
You realize you're not getting any closer to an avatar by posting in here don't you? That's what all the fuss has been about the last 24 hours, posts in the political forum no longer count towards your post count. Not that we should be caring about that anyway. It's just a number.

Rower_CPU
Sep 3, 2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by bobindashadows
Well, I care enough about getting my stupid avatar after a year and a half of being on this forum.

That's the complete wrong attitude to have about posting here. Spamming to get your avatar will get you kicked in a hurry.