Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kurtwoodh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
To start I'm a mac newbie. Only had my imac for a month or so.
I have an Isignia(bestBuy brand) mp3 player which I bought prior to my mac. I have come to realize[and have been told] that effectively synching a non-ipod mp3 with itunes and with stock mac software is a fools errand.
Any comments???
I'm a music lover.... I'm drowning hear!
Someone throw me a life raft.
Any reccomendations on 3rd party software that could help me out?
All I want is to get my SONGS(video not so importante) w/ artist/album info on my player.
-k

stealthninja

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2006
MI
in my experience there is not usually software for macs for music players that aren't the ipod, as was the case for my Polaroid "Juke Jam" (bad idea).

theBB

macrumors 68020
Jan 3, 2006
Does it work by creating folders with song files in them, instead of playlists? If so, you could use Finder to create your folders and drag and drop songs from iTunes into those folders. That's how my SanDisk MP3 player worked, but I eventually gave up and bought an iPod shuffle.

stealthninja

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2006
MI
Does it work by creating folders with song files in them, instead of playlists? If so, you could use Finder to create your folders and drag and drop songs from iTunes into those folders. That's how my SanDisk MP3 player worked, but I eventually gave up and bought an iPod shuffle.
yeah that's how my Juke jam worked too, but what really sucked was that you couln't create folders inside of those folders and organize it like itunes does. so I had to start naming them: "Artist - Album" which was a real pain!

TofuMatt

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2007
Halifax, NS
Take the MP3 player back (or sell it) and get a Shuffle. Seriously, there's no excuse to have a ****** MP3 player now that the Shuffle is out; iPods come in all shapes, sizes, and price points.

fredsherbet

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2007
Hertford, England
Take the MP3 player back (or sell it) and get a Shuffle. Seriously, there's no excuse to have a ****** MP3 player now that the Shuffle is out; iPods come in all shapes, sizes, and price points.

since the shuffle is twice the price of other 1gb mp3 players (such as creative) that include a screen and can handle folders or playlists for more flexible playback than just 'shuffle all' or 'play all', I'm happy to concede that the shuffle is a rip off.

I can't seem to find my Zen nano (I've not seen it since i got an iPod classic) but I've definitely had that appear in iTunes and was able to get 'shuffle' functionality direct in iTunes, or manually put folders of music on in finder/explorer... I can't remember if it was on mac or windows though :(

i'll keep hunting and test it if anyone's interested :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.