Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Silverhawk

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
Got it like a few days later after I heard the shipment of them got sent out early and thankfully mine was not one of the screens that had a bad viewing angle and contrast problem.

Anyhow, I just wanted to vent out saying that for all those haters of the Touch, its exactly what people wanted, something that was like the iPhone but without the contract. The Touch brought them that, yes its missing programs here and there but in due time I have faith that Apple will have official third party apps (due to the fact they want to keep the device secure).

Plus has anyone found a good car cradle for the Touch? :apple:

SuperDaddy

macrumors member
May 21, 2007
Middle Earth
I still cant believe i can surf the nets, listen to music, and post to macrumors all at the same time. Incredible. And to think i almost went with the 80gb classic because 8gb "wasnt enough".....jeebus. Thos thing is much more than an "ipod".

rydenfan

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2007
I see people talking about different week ipod touch. How do I know what week mine is?

biggarthomas

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2003
Guelph
Love! love! love!

I love my iPod Touch. I have an 80 g video iPod too and frankly, I do not know what is wrong with those who say that 16g is not enough. I NEVER access all of the material on my iPod video between the times that I am in contact with my computer and therefore within syncing range - absolutely never, not evenb when i travel outside of the country. Now that I have the 16g Touch - same thing, I never run out of music or videos.

Actually, I use the iPod Touch for lots of web browsing and email. I am going to wait unbtil Apple adds 3rd party apps or adds them themselves. I would die if I screwed up this gadget.

Ronnoco

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
United States of America
I love mine even more now that I've hacked it and put the rest of the iPhone apps on it :D

Word...I didn't think I could enjoy my iPod Touch any more than I already did, but putting the iPhone Apps on it has made it just an incredible little machine...with Mail, G-Maps, Weather, Stocks, Notes, and the Editable Calender it truly is an iPhone without the phone...
It goes EVERYWHERE with me now...:D

Silverhawk

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
To add something to this thread...

Who here has had scratch problems with their iPod Touch (I have yet) but I just want to know if anyone has had no problems or has had problems, all I hear is that the back is scratchable (that is duely agreed) but I'm more concern about the screen

ClassicBean

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Torontoland
I don't think the screen is easily scratched. I just bought a case to protect the unit and it doesn't offer a cover for the screen. The Apple Store employee assured me that the screen doesn't scratch.

There is also a YouTube video demonstrating how difficult it is to scratch the device. The guy tries with keys and even a razor blade :eek: to no avail.

Ergo, keeping it in your pocket with your keys should be fine for your screen.

Bugn

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2005
Pacific NW
love it too!

I love mine too!!! :) (I gave my 80 gig video ipod to my daughter,which is what I was using previously.)

I received mine last week. It was a total surprise from hubby.
I had wanted the iPhone really bad but I didn't want to switch to AT&T.
I am currently w/ t-mobile and use a sidekick.

JWest

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2007
Mine arrived on 10/8 so ive had it a few weeks now. Its a week 39 ipod. Im lovin' it (16 gigs is enough for me). I just wish the viewing angles on the screen were better. Other than that I love this thing. I'm posting from it right now (and jammin' to Electric Six)!

ScottFitz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2007
saphire crystal face and 32 gb would be sweet. My Tag watch has a saphire crystal and I've yet to be able to scratch it. (6 or 7 years worth now)

dellavoce

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2007
I love my touch so much! I feel like it's an ideal iPod. I jailbroke it a few weeks ago (don't be scared--it's easy!) and now I use it for everything! I keep track of my appointments, listen to my music, watch videos, play games, keep grocery lists, to-do lists, notes that I would otherwise lose all in one pretty little iPod that fits in my pocket. I use it at the gym to watch tv shows that I don't have time to watch any other time and it distracts me while I work out. I always have it with me. I got tired of waiting for cases to come out and installed an Invisible Shield, so now I don't even need a case. I can toss it in my bag or pocket and I never worry about scratches. As a high school teacher, I am the envy of all the kids. They are always asking if they can look at my touch and how to hack their iPods.

I'm so glad there's a thread to gush about how much you love the touch!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.