PDA

View Full Version : Buford, GA

twoodcc
Oct 17, 2007, 06:29 AM
anyone getting leopard at the buford mall of Ga apple store?

FJ218700
Oct 17, 2007, 01:11 PM
No, close, I'm getting mine in Athens, 6:00 the 26th at PeachMac (http://www.peachmac.com/). I have a family pack reserved. If anyone is in the Athens area call PeachMac to reserve your copy soon.

ErnieFrance4
Oct 17, 2007, 03:54 PM
I am doing the same thing. Called PeachMac today and reserved my copy. Excited!!

AmpCoder
Oct 17, 2007, 03:57 PM
I am going to go to the Mall of Georgia Apple Store on the 26th. I am not going to buy Leopard since I am getting my copy this Friday from ADC, but I am going to go for the festivities as well as a few other things I need to buy for my iPhone.

On the note of PeachMac, for anyone in the Northeast Georgia Area as well as Eastern South Carolina, I would recommend you to visit PeachMac. It is a great store and you can find just about everything there that you can at an official Apple Store.

FJ218700
Oct 17, 2007, 04:41 PM
I am doing the same thing. Called PeachMac today and reserved my copy. Excited!!

cool, I'll be there at 5:30 waiting, prob sitting on the tailgate of a red Toyota. See you there.

PeachMac is giving away stuffed Leopards with the purchase while supplies last

SPUY767
Oct 17, 2007, 07:21 PM
anyone getting leopard at the buford mall of Ga apple store?

I will definitely be getting mine there, i'm trying to get some of the Lennox Square kids to come there instead. :-D We should do something to make ourselves noticeable to one another. Or we could always just post pics.

twoodcc
Oct 18, 2007, 06:21 AM
No, close, I'm getting mine in Athens, 6:00 the 26th at PeachMac (http://www.peachmac.com/). I have a family pack reserved. If anyone is in the Athens area call PeachMac to reserve your copy soon.

i've been to that store before. it was nice. friendly people. i bought an airport extreme from there. still not quite the same as an official apple store though

curious, you got a tacoma?

I am going to go to the Mall of Georgia Apple Store on the 26th. I am not going to buy Leopard since I am getting my copy this Friday from ADC, but I am going to go for the festivities as well as a few other things I need to buy for my iPhone.
QUOTE]

awesome. you getting there right at 6:00?

[QUOTE=SPUY767;4344793]I will definitely be getting mine there, i'm trying to get some of the Lennox Square kids to come there instead. :-D We should do something to make ourselves noticeable to one another. Or we could always just post pics.

cool. yeah i'm not sure what we could do? were you there when it first opened?

FJ218700
Oct 18, 2007, 08:38 AM
curious, you got a tacoma?

kind of, its a 1990 so they weren't called tacomas then

SPUY767
Oct 18, 2007, 05:18 PM
kind of, its a 1990 so they weren't called tacomas then.

SPUY767
Oct 18, 2007, 05:22 PM

I'll likely be coming straight from work and will probably be the stiffest looking chap in there wearing a suit. I look jewish, but I'm not. Short of wearing a banner that says Macrumors on it, I don't know.

twoodcc
Oct 19, 2007, 09:13 AM
kind of, its a 1990 so they weren't called tacomas then

how many miles you got on that thing? my dad has a 92

I'll likely be coming straight from work and will probably be the stiffest looking chap in there wearing a suit. I look jewish, but I'm not. Short of wearing a banner that says Macrumors on it, I don't know.

oh ok, i gotcha. it'd be hard for you to wear something so we could meet up and stuff.

is anyone gonna install it in the store? seems like i read about people doing that before

FJ218700
Oct 19, 2007, 09:19 AM
how many miles you got on that thing? my dad has a 92

only 139,000. Soon, I'm going to sell it and my 97 4Runner (120,000) and get a PreRunner.

the pickup is a 4x2, V6, extended cab. the 4Runner is a 4x4 SR5 V6

Let me know if you know anyone who might be interest

Agent
Oct 19, 2007, 12:23 PM
mall of Georgia. Will be there early!

twoodcc
Oct 19, 2007, 04:42 PM
only 139,000. Soon, I'm going to sell it and my 97 4Runner (120,000) and get a PreRunner.

the pickup is a 4x2, V6, extended cab. the 4Runner is a 4x4 SR5 V6

Let me know if you know anyone who might be interest

oh ok. yeah that's about the miles we got on the 92 pickup. maybe 136,000 or so. it's just a I4 though. i didn't know they even made a V6 version back then. surely it sits higher off the ground?

i have a 2006 tacoma prerunner. it's just a I4, access cab.

how much you looking to get for the 4runner?

mall of Georgia. Will be there early!

how early?

FJ218700
Oct 19, 2007, 05:20 PM
oh ok. yeah that's about the miles we got on the 92 pickup. maybe 136,000 or so. it's just a I4 though. i didn't know they even made a V6 version back then. surely it sits higher off the ground?

i have a 2006 tacoma prerunner. it's just a I4, access cab.

how much you looking to get for the 4runner?

I can prob get $8,000 for the 4Runner if I advertise in ATL

yeah, with the V6, the pickup really flies. It sits like the i-4's still though. I put high-performance shocks on it and it's a blast to drive.

PM me if you hear of anyone interested

twoodcc
Oct 19, 2007, 11:14 PM
I can prob get $8,000 for the 4Runner if I advertise in ATL

yeah, with the V6, the pickup really flies. It sits like the i-4's still though. I put high-performance shocks on it and it's a blast to drive.

PM me if you hear of anyone interested

oh ok. how much for the pickup? (just curious)

good luck selling. yeah i'll send you a message if i hear of anyone

FJ218700
Oct 20, 2007, 10:27 AM
for the pickup, prob. $3500.

I'm going to take some pics today of each and post them here (http://picasaweb.google.com/FJ218700/ForSale1990PIckup) and here (http://picasaweb.google.com/FJ218700/ForSale19974Runner)

they are both really dirty, as you prob. know we've been on an outdoor water ban since June and I haven't been able to wash them.

I also have a 1976 Land Cruiser that I am almost done restoring and may sell for the right price >$15,000.

twoodcc
Oct 20, 2007, 03:38 PM
for the pickup, prob. $3500.

I'm going to take some pics today of each and post them here (http://picasaweb.google.com/FJ218700/ForSale1990PIckup) and here (http://picasaweb.google.com/FJ218700/ForSale19974Runner)

they are both really dirty, as you prob. know we've been on an outdoor water ban since June and I haven't been able to wash them.

I also have a 1976 Land Cruiser that I am almost done restoring and may sell for the right price >$15,000.

awesome. yeah no washing cars around here. my truck is dirty also.

there's an old FJ Crusier near my house. it's just sitting on the side of the road, but no for-sale sign though. it's blue, and it looks like it's in good condition. probably a 1980 or around there

AmpCoder
Oct 20, 2007, 05:24 PM
[QUOTE=AmpCoder;4343560]I am going to go to the Mall of Georgia Apple Store on the 26th. I am not going to buy Leopard since I am getting my copy this Friday from ADC, but I am going to go for the festivities as well as a few other things I need to buy for my iPhone.
QUOTE]

awesome. you getting there right at 6:00?

I get out of class at 12 so I am going to head over to the Mall and be there around 12:30 or so. Going to watch a movie and eat lunch with a couple of friends and hang out in the store until a line forms for the Leopard launch.

Yeah, I went to it when it first opened, but sadly I was a bit late and was not able to get a shirt.

FJ218700
Oct 20, 2007, 05:31 PM
there's an old FJ Crusier near my house. it's just sitting on the side of the road, but no for-sale sign though. it's blue, and it looks like it's in good condition. probably a 1980 or around there

are you serious, is it abandoned? I may have to come take a look. I need just a few more parts to make my restoration complete.

Let me know if you learn more.

the pics of my other trucks are posted.

twoodcc
Oct 20, 2007, 10:25 PM
I get out of class at 12 so I am going to head over to the Mall and be there around 12:30 or so. Going to watch a movie and eat lunch with a couple of friends and hang out in the store until a line forms for the Leopard launch.

Yeah, I went to it when it first opened, but sadly I was a bit late and was not able to get a shirt.

dang, you'll be there for awhile. i'm not sure when i'll get there yet.

are you serious, is it abandoned? I may have to come take a look. I need just a few more parts to make my restoration complete.

Let me know if you learn more.

the pics of my other trucks are posted.

it's not abandoned. but there's no for-sale sign on it. it's sitting near other cars that have for-signs on them though. it's at a business.

yeah i saw the pics. i like the 4runner, but i have no need to buy it, or the funds either.

i'm surprised they made a V6 that low to the ground

good luck selling

FJ218700
Oct 24, 2007, 11:46 AM
well guys new plan, maybe I will get to meet up with you after all.

Like I said, I'm getting my copy at 6:00 in Athens (at a reseller they are giving away stuffed Leopards with the purchase) but I also want a T-shirt from the Apple Store. I think I'll grab the disc at 6:00 in Athens and install Leopard on my laptop as I drive to the Buford store. Should be there by 6:30 hopefully. Maybe I can still get a T-shirt. Of course I'll probably have to buy Leopard again, but I just won't open it. I'll return it later.

Anyways, hope to see you guys there.

by the way this is me (on the right)

Agent
Oct 24, 2007, 02:49 PM
probably around noon or 1. Hopefully early enough to get some free swag.

twoodcc
Oct 26, 2007, 08:09 AM
well guys new plan, maybe I will get to meet up with you after all.

Like I said, I'm getting my copy at 6:00 in Athens (at a reseller they are giving away stuffed Leopards with the purchase) but I also want a T-shirt from the Apple Store. I think I'll grab the disc at 6:00 in Athens and install Leopard on my laptop as I drive to the Buford store. Should be there by 6:30 hopefully. Maybe I can still get a T-shirt. Of course I'll probably have to buy Leopard again, but I just won't open it. I'll return it later.

Anyways, hope to see you guys there.

by the way this is me (on the right)

alright, maybe i'll see you there :)

probably around noon or 1. Hopefully early enough to get some free swag.

dang that's early. if i get there before 5, i might just get a haircut, and then get in line

pez2424
Oct 26, 2007, 03:43 PM
First in line!!!!

anyone behind me?

AmpCoder
Oct 26, 2007, 04:01 PM
I am in line as well. About 10 or so people from the front.

SPUY767
Oct 26, 2007, 05:02 PM
First in line!!!!

anyone behind me?

I definitely just met you!

twoodcc
Oct 26, 2007, 06:31 PM
well i'm at home with my tshirt. and they didn't give me an edu discount :mad:

AmpCoder
Oct 26, 2007, 07:02 PM
Just got back home with my T-Shirt too. I was kind of disappointed as they didn't have the case that I wanted for my iPhone. But I did find it kind of funny that once the store opened about half of the line went straight for the T-Shirts and left :P

FJ218700
Oct 26, 2007, 07:25 PM
didn't make it, had to go back to work,

hope you guys had fun

jbstew32
Oct 27, 2007, 02:26 AM
what?! since when is there an Apple store at the mall of ga?! I've waited so long for this! Lenox and Perimeter are so far out of the way

AmpCoder
Oct 27, 2007, 08:23 AM
what?! since when is there an Apple store at the mall of ga?! I've waited so long for this! Lenox and Perimeter are so far out of the way

Since the end of September. The MoGA is still a bit out of the way for me, unless I am driving back and forth from home and GA Tech, but PeachMac in Athens is really close by.

jbstew32
Oct 27, 2007, 01:35 PM
Since the end of September. The MoGA is still a bit out of the way for me, unless I am driving back and forth from home and GA Tech, but PeachMac in Athens is really close by.

wow there are a lot of people from gatech on here

wgarrison
Oct 27, 2007, 05:35 PM
For those of you that don't know, the Mall of Georgia Best Buy is one of the stores that started carrying macs. Not as much as an Apple store, but still nice to have. I think like 200 Best Buy's have Macs now... :apple:

ifonline
Oct 27, 2007, 08:17 PM
For those of you that don't know, the Mall of Georgia Best Buy is one of the stores that started carrying macs. Not as much as an Apple store, but still nice to have. I think like 200 Best Buy's have Macs now... :apple:

Yep. Not a great selection, but decent enough in a pinch.

By the way... my roommate and I were there. We were fairly far back in line, about fifteen people past the sporting goods store, and not too far back from a gorgeous woman with her son... dang, I should have said hello to her, but I didn't have the guts! Ah well...

It didn't take too long to get into the store, though, so that was a consolation prize, I suppose!

twoodcc
Oct 29, 2007, 07:28 AM

i did not know that. thanks :)

Yep. Not a great selection, but decent enough in a pinch.

By the way... my roommate and I were there. We were fairly far back in line, about fifteen people past the sporting goods store, and not too far back from a gorgeous woman with her son... dang, I should have said hello to her, but I didn't have the guts! Ah well...

It didn't take too long to get into the store, though, so that was a consolation prize, I suppose!

cool. should have said something ;)

i live near you. my address is Hoschton