Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kclives

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 29, 2007
A LOT of recent threads have been questions that have been asked many times, maybe there is a need for the guides to be stickied, and a simple Error/FAQ sticky?

shoelessone

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2007
I agree 200%

You might have better luck if you check out the "forum feedback" subforum here, I actually made a thread with a similar theme as this.

triela

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2007
FYI: I compiled the Jailbreak repository thread, in part, specifically to alleviate this problem. Upon requesting sticky directly to a moderator, the request was formally denied, according to a consensus of forum administration regarding any and all stickies in general.

I reasoned that a temporary sticky might alleviate the inundation of unnecessary new posts for the time being (and thereby counteract some of the "negative" impact caused by the sticky itself), to no avail.

I created a thread repository so that additional stickies covering anything relating to Jailbreak would not be needed beyond the original, as any new key threads could be incorporated without expanding beyond that single sticky.

In any case, I would assume that the good intentions of this thread are fruitless, in the end. But that's just my $0.02.

bc008

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2007
Michigan
i also agree.
would def. stop the numerous threads, but i really dont see the problem if one person asks the same question as another. some people make an account on here just to get a question answered, and if they have a problem that big, i dont see why they cant ask it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.