PDA

View Full Version : Question to those with the Invisible Shiled on their iPod Classic

writeous
Oct 17, 2007, 03:13 PM
I recently placed an invisible shiled on my iPod Classic, and after a day of letting it dry, I noticed that the click wheel was even less sensistive. So I was debating if I should take off the IS on the click wheel, or just wait a few days to see if my daily use of the iPod's click wheel will soften the IS, making it more responsive. I have the silver iPod, and Im not to fond of looking at dirt or scratches on a white click wheel, thats the only reason I havent taken it off already:(. Anybody else experienced this with their IS?

hoffman99
Oct 17, 2007, 03:22 PM
After I put my IS on my classic I notice the click wheel wasn't as "slippery". I'll just live with for now

Fuzzy14
Oct 17, 2007, 03:31 PM
I bought one out of John Lewis years ago, can't remember if it was an official one or a 3rd party copy. I think there was only a tiny loss of sensitivity, but I can still adjust the volume when it's in its case so it's still good.

It's now starting to peel off so I need a new one.

writeous
Oct 18, 2007, 03:31 AM
After a full day of using it with the IS, it seems that most of the unresponsiveness comes from the iPod itself, and not the shield. The latest update did make it alot more better as far as loading times goes, but it seems that there's still alittle lag going on. I ran a diagnostics on the click wheel, and it passed, so I guess you can say that the IS doesn't really inhibit the click wheel.