PDA

View Full Version : Madison, WI

AliensAreFuzzy
Oct 17, 2007, 03:39 PM
Is anyone interested in meeting up at the West Towne Mall store?

mzd
Oct 17, 2007, 03:50 PM
i'm going to wait until DOIT gets it in because i think they will offer it at a lower edu price than apple. they did with iWork '08 but i didn't figure that out until i had already purchased from apple.

AliensAreFuzzy
Oct 17, 2007, 03:59 PM
i'm going to wait until DOIT gets it in because i think they will offer it at a lower edu price than apple. they did with iWork '08 but i didn't figure that out until i had already purchased from apple.

I'm goin to buy the family pack anyway so there's no edu discount

tjstevens
Oct 17, 2007, 05:00 PM
it is $69 at the doit tech store, i preordered one today, they are not guarenteeing that we get it monday though

mzd
Oct 17, 2007, 05:58 PM
yep, i checked too. :)
and yes, they are usually a little behind other resellers but i'm fine with that.

Bu88a
Oct 17, 2007, 09:26 PM
I doubt the crowd will be that big, so I don't think I'll head over until around 5:00 though

Koodauw
Oct 17, 2007, 11:49 PM
I shall be there. I work in the mall, so I plan on heading over around 2pm and getting in line. Really just want to go for the experience of it all.

AliensAreFuzzy
Oct 17, 2007, 11:54 PM
I shall be there. I work in the mall, so I plan on heading over around 2pm and getting in line. Really just want to go for the experience of it all.

Yeah, it should be a great time. Unfortunately, I have a test at 2:25 so I probably wont' be getting over there until around 4 or later.

NDLaHam
Oct 19, 2007, 12:59 PM
Just pre-ordered mine at DoIt Tech store for 69 bucks plus tax. I believe you can pre-order it from them online too, but you need to be in the UW system obviously to get the discount.

I asked if they would be getting it Friday and when I could come pick it up and she really didn't know, she just told me I would get an email when they got it and I could come get it. Maybe Monday? I am okay with that for the discount, plus I am out of town till Monday so it's cool.

Can't wait!

Koodauw
Oct 22, 2007, 12:09 AM
So what time is everyone getting there? I plan on 2-ish. Are we supposed to wear MR nametags as well?

bdorpetzl
Oct 23, 2007, 03:16 PM
I thought about going to the store just for fun, I still haven't gone since it has opened, but I pre-ordered it from Apple and it will arrive Friday, most likely before 6. I've already done my waiting this year for the iPhone, but the Leopard t-shirt almost makes it worth it.

topher2889
Oct 23, 2007, 03:37 PM
the doit tech store on campus said they wouldn't start selling theirs until monday 10/29 as it is being released at 6PM on Friday and they close at 5PM. Very well worth the wait over the weekend to get it for $69!!! :)

n-abounds
Oct 25, 2007, 09:21 PM
the doit tech store on campus said they wouldn't start selling theirs until monday 10/29 as it is being released at 6PM on Friday and they close at 5PM. Very well worth the wait over the weekend to get it for $69!!! :)

But they should ship it Friday :mad:

DoooomKitty
Oct 26, 2007, 08:47 AM
I'm there....I've been waiting..and waiting...and...I'll be rolling up around 6 :)

AliensAreFuzzy
Oct 26, 2007, 12:18 PM
Well, only 6 hours to go. I'm not sure how we're going to recognize who's from MacRumors, so FYI, I'm about 6'3" with brown hair and I'll be wearing a brown "I'm not lucky, I'm good" t-shirt.

n-abounds
Oct 26, 2007, 12:38 PM
Guys, you could buy it at the Apple store today and install it, and when you pick up your DoIT copy, just return that one to the Apple store. Granted, it's not the best morals...but eh, Leopard a couple days early is tempting.

Koodauw
Oct 26, 2007, 04:31 PM
I am #3 in line. Holla

AliensAreFuzzy
Oct 26, 2007, 05:11 PM
I am #3 in line. Holla

Ahh. Nice. I'm sitting back around 33 myself.

Koodauw
Oct 27, 2007, 12:25 PM
I got there around 4pm, and there was only a few people waiting, and one person in line. By 6pm it was pretty full. Waiting in line went by really fast, seemed like we just talked the whole time.

The best part was that the first guy in line was waiting to buy an iPod of all things!

I really had a good time.

YetioDoom
Oct 28, 2007, 11:23 AM
Nice pics! Thanks for sharing :)