PDA

View Full Version : Oak Brook, IL

Prof.
Oct 17, 2007, 03:43 PM
According to "MrMoore" and "thebooklady", the Apple store in Oak Brook, Illinois WILL be open for the launch of Leopard.

Many thanks to MrMoore and thebooklady for bringing this to my attention. :)

Prof. :apple:

MrMoore
Oct 17, 2007, 03:56 PM
FYI

I saw this on the Oak Brook Apple Store web page.

http://www.apple.com/retail/oakbrook/week/20071014.html

"We’re Making Our Store Better Than Ever

We’ll be closed for renovation from October 22 - November 9. During this time please visit the Apple Store, Orland Square, or Apple Store, Woodfield."

:eek:

meagain
Oct 17, 2007, 05:49 PM
I know. Isn't that amazing? When I was there last, I could've sworn it was closed till 11/3. Now 11/9. I find it unfathomable a store could close during a release like this. Apparently one in TX is closed for remodel also.

I pre-ordered mine from Apple today. Didn't want to go to Woodfield at 6pm and get stuck in Rush hour coming back. Apple assures me it'll arrive at my house BY 10/26. I guess I'll get it 4 hours sooner than 6pm that way anyway. But no T Shirt for me.

Prof.
Oct 17, 2007, 07:12 PM
FYI

I saw this on the Oak Brook Apple Store web page.

http://www.apple.com/retail/oakbrook/week/20071014.html

"We’re Making Our Store Better Than Ever

We’ll be closed for renovation from October 22 - November 9. During this time please visit the Apple Store, Orland Square, or Apple Store, Woodfield."

:eek:

I can't wait to see it when it opens back up! :D

thebooklady
Oct 19, 2007, 08:39 AM
The website is wrong. Oakbrook WILL be open for the launch.

MrMoore
Oct 19, 2007, 02:54 PM
The website is wrong. Oakbrook WILL be open for the launch.

Ahh... They changed it. The web page now says the 29th. :rolleyes: They must have pushed it back a week after Leopard was announced.

I'm still going to the one in Deer Park anyway :p

gkarris
Oct 26, 2007, 03:15 PM
I think they're moving to a bigger store elsewhere in the mall.. they need to.

I may stop by for a T-shirt if I can get my hands on one...

gkarris
Oct 27, 2007, 10:37 AM
Got my T-shirt! Here's some pics. This time, with my iPhone! (I used my Windows Mobile phone at iPhone launch).

Apple Store, Oakbrook Center, Oak Brook, IL at almost 6pm local.

MacNewsFix
Oct 27, 2007, 11:43 AM
I think they're moving to a bigger store elsewhere in the mall.. they need to.

If so, I hope they move over near the professional building (next to Urban Outfitters). One of the things I like about where they are now is the location to easy parking (right below the store). If they move near the professional building, they'll be right on the street where it will be easy to pick up your larger Mac purchases, instead of throwing out your back carrying a MacPro and Cinema Display to the car. They can also have a two-floor store, like a mini version of the Michigan Avenue store.

meagain
Oct 27, 2007, 12:13 PM
I'm kinda pissed about this. I would've joined the party but on several phone calls, they were adamant the store would be closed. Oh well. I got Leopard at 10am and was done by 6p anyway so I guess it's all good. Still, I never been at an Apple event before and I think it would've been cool (and the t-shirt)....

I agree, I appreciate their current location. I park in the garage by that one stairs/elevator, go up and walk 20 feet. I'm anxious to hear where they're ending up. (unless they are merely redoing the store or taking over a neighbor).

Prof.
Oct 27, 2007, 05:38 PM
I installed Leopard on my computer and it crashed my MacBook. So my dad and I went to the Oak Brook store to complain; my dad said to one of the MacGenius's as loud as he could "Leopard crashed my computer"

My Dad scared some people and some of them left. LOL!

Edmar
Oct 28, 2007, 09:00 AM
I installed Leopard on my computer and it crashed my MacBook. So my dad and I went to the Oak Brook store to complain; my dad said to one of the MacGenius's as loud as he could "Leopard crashed my computer"

My Dad scared some people and some of them left. LOL!

That's very mature, makes me wonder why your MacBook really crash, LOL

Prof.
Oct 28, 2007, 05:49 PM
That's very mature, makes me wonder why your MacBook really crash, LOL

Hey, I was really embarrassed.