PDA

View Full Version : SoHo, NYC

RichP
Oct 17, 2007, 03:55 PM
Anyone else? I rather avoid the 5th Ave insanity.

Barabas
Oct 17, 2007, 04:47 PM
Sounds like fun. I remember waiting in line for the iPod mini for hours. Wow, I feel like a Mac-veteran.

:D

farqueue
Oct 17, 2007, 05:02 PM
I'll be the hot sexay chick at NY apple store wearing only apples ;)

rdowns
Oct 17, 2007, 06:07 PM
Anyone else? I rather avoid the 5th Ave insanity.

Cause the SoHo store is always empty. :D

I'm thinking about hitting the city for it.

nmamur
Oct 17, 2007, 09:31 PM
fifth avenue usually has the best stock.
I don't expect they'll sell out for a while.

Foxglove9
Oct 17, 2007, 10:57 PM
I'm not buying it day if release but I will go to check it out. However I work near the Apple Store in Staten Island... but if everyone is getting together in the city I would travel there instead.

cxny
Oct 19, 2007, 12:43 PM
will be several hundred long if it's anything like previous releases. But it's kinda fun to see all the geeks on line (and be one!)

kuebby
Oct 21, 2007, 01:27 PM
I'm considering going just to experience a release, but there's no way I'll be buying it there when I can get it cheaper through school.

axiomission
Oct 24, 2007, 02:29 PM
I plan to go to the 5th ave store. But I was wondering if SoHo is a better option. If so, I will go there, but I do not know how to get there by subway from Pratt Institute, which is where I study.

I particularly prefer a smaller crowd, but I am more interested in getting a copy on day 1 and if anyone can confirm that I'll be guaranteed a copy at either store, I'll go to that following store.

Lousansano
Oct 24, 2007, 04:53 PM
Im going to the tekserve party. There allways better than the apple store ones.

RichP
Oct 26, 2007, 10:04 AM
I plan to go to the 5th ave store. But I was wondering if SoHo is a better option. If so, I will go there, but I do not know how to get there by subway from Pratt Institute, which is where I study.

I particularly prefer a smaller crowd, but I am more interested in getting a copy on day 1 and if anyone can confirm that I'll be guaranteed a copy at either store, I'll go to that following store.

Hah, Pratt? I graduated from there last spring (Industrial Design) Probably the quickest way is to take the G to the A/C (hoyt) then hop on the F at JaySt and get off at Broadway/Lafayette in Manhattan and walk.

Yes, you are 99.99% certain to get a copy, they are very well stocked.

Ted13
Oct 26, 2007, 04:18 PM
Im going to the tekserve party. There allways better than the apple store ones.
Does TekServ give out T-Shirts?

axiomission
Oct 27, 2007, 07:58 PM
Hah, Pratt? I graduated from there last spring (Industrial Design) Probably the quickest way is to take the G to the A/C (hoyt) then hop on the F at JaySt and get off at Broadway/Lafayette in Manhattan and walk.

Yes, you are 99.99% certain to get a copy, they are very well stocked.

Hey that's crazy!!!

Yea I got a copy, thanks a bunch :)