PDA

View Full Version : Glasgow, Scotland, UK

Santa Rosa
Oct 17, 2007, 04:05 PM
Think you know what all about!! Anyone gonna be there on the 26th!!

Sorry about rubbish post really dont know what more to say!!!

So whos counting themselves in??? :)

Fuzzy14
Oct 17, 2007, 04:11 PM
Embarrassed to say, I'm a mac nut, owner since 1994...
and I've never been to my local store...

I think this is a good excuse to take the day off work, have a few in Waxy's and then go and buy my long awaited MacBook!

Voodoophone
Oct 17, 2007, 05:03 PM
I'll be there, but I'm filming in Broxburn until 3pm.
Here's hoping I'm in the first 500 when I get there at 4.30

Oh, and this is my first ever post after 12 months of lurking :D

brengla
Oct 19, 2007, 04:46 AM
I'm going along after work. It's not out till 6, is it? There isn't going to be 500 people by then, are there?

ThomasShaped
Oct 19, 2007, 07:35 AM
Ack! Everything comes out on the 26th! Leopard.. Metroid Prime 3.. Good thing it's the day after my birthday so i'll have enough money to buy it all :p

Though I was planning on getting an Xbox 360 then too..

I guess i'll be there if i've got any money left by 6pm :p

iross.net
Oct 19, 2007, 08:17 AM
I really hope they dont close the store, throw everyone out, and re-open it at 6pm with a huge queue outside... I'll have a MacBook Pro to collect at some point when the geniuses are done with it ...

Will probably buy Leopard while I'm there I guess ;) ... and take advantage of the wifi to check my email on my iPhone as I do any time i pass that place ... funny thing is you can sit in starbucks across the road (who charge a fortune for Wifi) and use the Apple store's :)

Santa Rosa
Oct 19, 2007, 12:02 PM
I really hope they dont close the store, throw everyone out, and re-open it at 6pm with a huge queue outside...

I think they will have to close the store for a while. Get everything set up then re open at 6pm. I asked one of the people that worked there what was happening but I dont think they were really too sure.

If the case is that they are closing the store Im already in negotiations with the wife to be around there and see whats happening. lol :) Leopard for 85 and a free T-Shirt is like shoplifting in my opinion its that cheap, so definately want to be in line to get it!!! I bought Vista Ultimate for boot camp and it was so expensive the number doesnt actually fit in the forum!!!

brengla
Oct 19, 2007, 01:20 PM
Sweet, I'm so looking forward to this coming out. I might try sitting in Starbucks reading the Internet on my iPod Touch while waiting to get this :-)

C225
Oct 19, 2007, 04:35 PM
I'll be going along to get my new imac been waiting for leopard release to get it. Should be there between 5-5:30

Fuzzy14
Oct 20, 2007, 02:22 AM
I'll be going along to get my new imac been waiting for leopard release to get it. Should be there between 5-5:30

What? Edinburgh doesn't have an Apple Store???
And I thought you were voted best place to live in the UK. Phil and Kirsty didn't take that into consideration!:p

C225
Oct 20, 2007, 03:30 AM
And I thought you were voted best place to live in the UK. Phil and Kirsty didn't take that into consideration!:p

I was wondering how they came to that conclusion it's not that nice. Anyway i will be getting the train through.

Italiana
Oct 20, 2007, 05:15 AM
I will be there with a date! Doesn't get more romantic than an OS launch <3 hahaha

Santa Rosa
Oct 20, 2007, 07:38 AM

Apple Store, Buchanan. Enought said :)

anim8or
Oct 22, 2007, 03:29 AM
Santa Rosa, in what way is your location Apple Store Buchanan???

Do you work there? Or do you just 'live' there!?

If you do work there can you tell me if i can purchase Leopard in store with my HE discount, i work in education and have bought hardware with my HE discount in store and also applecare but i have heard rumblings of a no software with HE discount in store.....

Fuzzy14
Oct 22, 2007, 06:50 AM
Apple Store, Buchanan. Enought said :)

Wow, there is an Apple Store in Buchanan? Niche market!
http://maps.google.co.uk/ (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&time=&date=&ttype=&q=Buchanan,+Mill+Rd,+Edingthorpe,+North+Walsham,+NR28,+United+Kingdom&sll=54.162434,-3.647461&sspn=17.909343,34.716797&ie=UTF8&cd=10&geocode=0,52.828151,1.419574&ll=52.841765,1.424446&spn=0.071958,0.248222&z=12&iwloc=addr&om=1)

Stevonw
Oct 22, 2007, 11:59 AM
I think i'll be there. Dunno if i should go up earlier or what.

I spoke to an Apple rep in the store and he said they will be giving away T-shirts etc again

Anyone know if we can get the EDU discount at launch?

Santa Rosa
Oct 22, 2007, 05:42 PM
Santa Rosa, in what way is your location Apple Store Buchanan???

Do you work there? Or do you just 'live' there!?

If you do work there can you tell me if i can purchase Leopard in store with my HE discount, i work in education and have bought hardware with my HE discount in store and also applecare but i have heard rumblings of a no software with HE discount in store.....

No I dont work there or live there, its a joke, just because I am always going there. My flat is like 5 minutes walk.

Wow, there is an Apple Store in Buchanan? Niche market!
http://maps.google.co.uk/ (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&time=&date=&ttype=&q=Buchanan,+Mill+Rd,+Edingthorpe,+North+Walsham,+NR28,+United+Kingdom&sll=54.162434,-3.647461&sspn=17.909343,34.716797&ie=UTF8&cd=10&geocode=0,52.828151,1.419574&ll=52.841765,1.424446&spn=0.071958,0.248222&z=12&iwloc=addr&om=1)

Its the whole Glasgow vs Edinburgh thing. Also first Apple store in Scotland. Sure you know that anyway. Its meant to be a joke ha ha.

So anyone else going to be around this Friday or you going to "Buchanan, Mill Road, Edingthorpe, North Walsham, NR28" for some bizarre reason like Fuzzy here has handily pointed out to us all... which isnt in Scotland... :)

Fuzzy14
Oct 22, 2007, 05:59 PM
It was the only Buchanan I could find on Google Maps, although Ordnance Survey says there is one near Drymen.
I found it funny. But I'm weird.

TheVandit
Oct 23, 2007, 03:16 PM
Think you know what all about!! Anyone gonna be there on the 26th!!

Sorry about rubbish post really dont know what more to say!!!

So whos counting themselves in??? :)

I should be there...getting the train from Clarkston. Not buying anything that day tho cos my imac with Leopard pre installed will be arriving shortly after.

Santa Rosa...i see your a trance fan...do you know that Ex DJ Colin Tevendale works at the apple store??? I met him there...was starstruck (mildly) and then talked about hard disks!!! was surreal.

Dingo Dave 69
Oct 23, 2007, 03:42 PM
Hi everyone, this is my first post on these forums so a big hello!

I will be going to the Glasgow store on Friday but can someone tell me what the first 500 people get? Also is it likely there will be any other deals on or any special events other than the launch itself?

brengla
Oct 23, 2007, 05:30 PM
I phoned the store. They said that they are going to be shutting from 4 till 6 to get the place ready. They also said they should have plenty of copies to go round. I almost fancy just charging my Macbook up and going to Starbucks to install it ;-) Haven't the most wonderful patience ;-)

Santa Rosa
Oct 23, 2007, 05:32 PM
I should be there...getting the train from Clarkston. Not buying anything that day tho cos my imac with Leopard pre installed will be arriving shortly after.

Santa Rosa...i see your a trance fan...do you know that Ex DJ Colin Tevendale works at the apple store??? I met him there...was starstruck (mildly) and then talked about hard disks!!! was surreal.

Lol, fair enought. :) Have never heard of him to be perfectly honest. I am guessing he isnt that involved with the stuff I listen to. Guessing he is more into the UK stuff. Although if im wrong I stand to be corrected. Really cool that you met him there, just wish I could meet Rob Mayth at the Apple Store Buchanan and find out about his newest tunes coming out!!!

Hi everyone, this is my first post on these forums so a big hello!

I will be going to the Glasgow store on Friday but can someone tell me what the first 500 people get? Also is it likely there will be any other deals on or any special events other than the launch itself?

Think the first 500 get a free Leopard T-Shirt, which would be cool, and also be extra free clothing for myself and possibly the other half (unfortunately the T-shirt they gave her on launch day fits her like a tent being a large!!) But apart from and if that I doubt there will be anything different!!!

Might see some of you there, think we should all wear I :apple: MacRumors T-Shirts (There we go, a suggestion for the site, MacRumors Online Shop..... :) Lol)

indiekiduk
Oct 24, 2007, 12:17 PM
I'll be there

brengla
Oct 24, 2007, 02:14 PM
I want a t-shirt, what are the chances of them running out do you think? Is there going to be a queue also? Would rates not have to wait in the cold!

Santa Rosa
Oct 24, 2007, 03:55 PM
I'll be there

Quality street, anybody taking me up on the MacRumors T-Shirt idea lol?:)

I want a t-shirt, what are the chances of them running out do you think? Is there going to be a queue also? Would rates not have to wait in the cold!

Queue - definately

Will you have to wait in the cold - definately

The chance of them running out after 500 customers - definately

Some things in life money cant buy, for everything else theres MasterCard... :)

applenet
Oct 25, 2007, 11:33 AM
How many are you buying the retail box of Leopard, and/or a new mac, with Leopard on it? Just as I´m getting my first mac (a iMac) with Leopard on it, so Í´m working out the best time to go.

(Sorry if some of the letters look weird, I´m on holiday in Spain so I´m not used to the keyboard layout (I´m returing tomorrow))

faulks
Oct 26, 2007, 02:45 AM
I phoned the store last night - no educational discount on software in store - only online (10 cheaper).

See you all there at 6

russellelly
Oct 26, 2007, 08:58 AM
I phoned the store last night - no educational discount on software in store - only online (10 cheaper).

See you all there at 6

Toying with going to the store in Glasgow, but the HE Discount is over 30. Want to get it tonight and get my T Shirt, but want to know for sure if HE Discount will be available. The store isn't answering the phone (I've tried a few times).

katy
Oct 26, 2007, 09:25 AM
Hey if you find out about the HE discount post back. I am interested if it is :)

russellelly
Oct 26, 2007, 10:57 AM
Hey if you find out about the HE discount post back. I am interested if it is :)

Unforrunately i didnt dind out, best guess seeems to be no. About 100 people in the queue now, on the stores wifi on my touch. Security guard just handed out leaflets and free starbucks being handed out!

russellelly
Oct 26, 2007, 04:06 PM
Back now, only got 10% off, but worth it for the T Shirt and that I can play over the weekend :)

Spoke to a few people in the queue, none seemed to be MacRumors folk. There was a girl near the front of the queue who took a lot of photos inside and outside the shop (purple jecket using a Canon Ixus if it's you!) that'd be good to see.

katy
Oct 26, 2007, 04:24 PM
Back now, only got 10% off, but worth it for the T Shirt and that I can play over the weekend :)

Spoke to a few people in the queue, none seemed to be MacRumors folk. There was a girl near the front of the queue who took a lot of photos inside and outside the shop (purple jecket using a Canon Ixus if it's you!) that'd be good to see.

not me no...quite near the end of the queue ..i do own a canon ixus though :P

I did not purchase leopard. Might buy it off the HE site maybe.. Got a nice tee though so i am happy :)

C225
Oct 26, 2007, 05:14 PM
Got back from store with new iMac and have installed leopard only took around 30 mins but 25 to check disc for errors before installation started.

Anyway it is blazing fast and will probably be playing around all night.

Santa Rosa
Oct 27, 2007, 06:07 AM
Just a few snaps from the launch, not great quality unfortunately only had phone camera with me.

Was a good night, bit wet and cold but was all worthwhile when I was the first person to buy it in the store and get a big cheer!!! Class stuff lol :)

What more can I say but role on the launch of the iPhone!!!!

TheVandit
Oct 27, 2007, 02:42 PM
Wahey thats me in the 2nd last photo with the cream hoodie and backpack on! Did speak to sumone briefly from Macrumours...shuda asked who he was!

Santa Rosa
Oct 27, 2007, 05:53 PM
Wahey thats me in the 2nd last photo with the cream hoodie and backpack on! Did speak to sumone briefly from Macrumours...shuda asked who he was!

That was me, guy with the blue hoodie on. Nice to meet you all anyway was a fun night out in the rain!!!

I still havent installed Leopard yet been too busy admiring the shiny box!!!

Did you hear the cheer I got when I bought the first copy?? lol :)

Wonder if that other guy is still at the really really nice railings!!?!! :)

TheVandit
Oct 28, 2007, 12:16 PM
That was me, guy with the blue hoodie on. Nice to meet you all anyway was a fun night out in the rain!!!

I still havent installed Leopard yet been too busy admiring the shiny box!!!

Did you hear the cheer I got when I bought the first copy?? lol :)

Wonder if that other guy is still at the really really nice railings!!?!! :)

You maniac...id have it straight in the machine. Im waiting on my imac arriving with it pre installed. My first Mac...moving from ghastly PC.

Yes the railings were nice...and thats why we were all there indeed!