PDA

View Full Version : Spokane, WA

websyndicate
Oct 17, 2007, 04:06 PM
I know that the Northtown Best Buy has an official Apple Department not too sure if they will be doing a release and Mac Oddessy in the Valley doesn't know anything as of today but I am still checking with them.
Thats if there is many mac users in Spokane that would like to get together.

Brendon Bauer
Oct 17, 2007, 04:28 PM
I might be there. I live in Coeur d'Alene, so if I have time that night I might head out there. You say Best Buy has an official Apple section? I never knew that... I've been to Mac Oddessy in Coeur d'Alene, but I think it's a reseller isn't it? Not sure...

websyndicate
Oct 17, 2007, 04:31 PM
Yea best buy at Northtown has a huge section there of Apple stuff I just found out last night when I was there. Like I said I dont know what they will be doing but I they have a release I will be will be there. Mac Oddessy is just a resaler not an official store

hankolerd
Oct 17, 2007, 05:25 PM
Best Buy started adding apple sections to their stores last fall, Spokane just took a little bit longer to incorporate it since the mac market isn't that big in Spokane. Maybe I will try to check with my buddy who works their and see if they will have it. CompUSA might??? I would only assume they would, but maybe not. Sadly I am in Butte Montana. No stores that sell apple. No places that sell skate shoes. Not much of anything good. I could drive 2 hours to Missoula and go to the Best Buy there...but I think I will just order it online.:apple:

websyndicate
Oct 17, 2007, 05:33 PM
True I forgot CompUSA try to find out I will make my best efforts as well and keep posting. Glad to have anybody and everybody there.

Mr.Gadget
Oct 17, 2007, 05:50 PM
Did the Mac Oddessy in Coeur d'Alene move? I drove by last night and I could swear I did not see it...
Anyway, think the Best Buy in Coeur d'Alene will have it on time? I live in Post Falls, so I am in the middle... CompUSA is a possibility too. I work in Spokane and could just wait a bit after work....

Durendal
Oct 17, 2007, 06:51 PM
I know that the Northtown Best Buy has an official Apple Department not too sure if they will be doing a release and Mac Oddessy in the Valley doesn't know anything as of today but I am still checking with them.
Thats if there is many mac users in Spokane that would like to get together.
I work at Mac Odyssey. We WILL be having a release party. We're still nailing down details about what we're going to do. There's also a question of whether or not Apple will get our Leopard shipment in on time, but that probably wont be an issue. They've been pretty good on that before. Don't bother with Best Buy or Chump USA. I don't know how good Best Buy's staff is, but I do know that the "Mac" guys at Chump USA know squat about Macs. Come on down to the only real Mac shop in Spokane or Coeur d'Alene!

The Coeur d'Alene store is still out in front of Costco, by the way.

websyndicate
Oct 18, 2007, 04:41 PM
any updates?

Brendon Bauer
Oct 18, 2007, 11:11 PM
Oh, durendal you work at the MacOddessy in Cda? I've been there a few times... I could swear a few employees there don't know what they're talking about. Maybe I know too much because I'm on MRs too much lol. You should get all your employees up to date on MRs heh. Well, let us know if you'll have Leopard on time, as I'd love to stop by and grab it. Party!

Brendon

Durendal
Oct 19, 2007, 12:43 AM
Oh, durendal you work at the MacOddessy in Cda? I've been there a few times... I could swear a few employees there don't know what they're talking about. Maybe I know too much because I'm on MRs too much lol. You should get all your employees up to date on MRs heh. Well, let us know if you'll have Leopard on time, as I'd love to stop by and grab it. Party!

Brendon
I work in the Spokane Valley store and only drop by CdA every once in a while. You also have to remember that most people in and out of Mac shops know nothing or next to it. You get used to dealing with noobs. However, I can say with total assurance that we're far better than Chump USA. I had a guy come into the shop that had just been there. They sold him iLife '08 saying that it would work on any machine that could run 10.4. They also sold him an OS X family pack when he only has one computer. In any case, drop by. The boss is certain that we'll have it on time as Apple has always been good about getting OS releases out on time. We don't always get new software in a timely manner (iLife and iWork 08 were a little late), but OS seems to go like clockwork. In any case, we probably wont know until a day before, if that. The boxes usually show up the same day.

GFLPraxis
Oct 19, 2007, 09:17 AM
Wait, there's other MR-ers in Spokane? Sweet!

The Northtown Best Buy is near my house- they just got Apple products and a lot of the staff are still learning how to use them, I've been, well, informally training some on occasion :) . I worked at the downtown CompUSA at one point, they've got the best selection of Apple products and a cool Apple rep.

Pick your favorite. Best Buy would be easiest for me but I could meet at either.

I've been to MacOdyssey in CDA, cool place, but I've only been there once because I'm not out there often. I'm pretty sure I sent some customers over there though back when I worked at Comp.

Durendal
Oct 19, 2007, 01:47 PM
Wait, there's other MR-ers in Spokane? Sweet!

The Northtown Best Buy is near my house- they just got Apple products and a lot of the staff are still learning how to use them, I've been, well, informally training some on occasion :) . I worked at the downtown CompUSA at one point, they've got the best selection of Apple products and a cool Apple rep.

Pick your favorite. Best Buy would be easiest for me but I could meet at either.

I've been to MacOdyssey in CDA, cool place, but I've only been there once because I'm not out there often. I'm pretty sure I sent some customers over there though back when I worked at Comp.
You live near the Northtown BB? The Spokane Valley Mac Odyssey is much closer, but probably not as well-known as the one in CdA. You guys could go to BB or Comp, but really, are they going to have much in the way of festivities? We're planning on doing a release party that goes late into the night with some live music, food, and other fun stuff. We should have a more solid plan on Monday.

GFLPraxis
Oct 19, 2007, 02:26 PM
Oooh. Live music and food? Count me in, I doubt Best Buy and Comp are going to have much of anything.

Mr.Gadget
Oct 19, 2007, 03:45 PM
The Coeur d'Alene store is still out in front of Costco, by the way.

Ah! So you moved then! Good. I haven't been to the new store. I'll have to check it out.

Are your prices strictly retail on the OS? I believe most are other than online outfits and then it is a mere 10 bucks....

Durendal
Oct 19, 2007, 03:57 PM
Ah! So you moved then! Good. I haven't been to the new store. I'll have to check it out.

Are your prices strictly retail on the OS? I believe most are other than online outfits and then it is a mere 10 bucks....
Yeah, regular retail prices. We really don't have wiggle room to offer anything better than that, although we're tossing around ideas about discounts on other goods when Leopard is purchased. However, don't come in expecting that, it's all preliminary at this point. We're still getting organized.

websyndicate
Oct 20, 2007, 09:58 PM
Yea I really want to go to MacOddesy for the release in the Valley. I have my order at the online store right now and it says I will get it ON THE 26th but I honestly go to a party and have the full experience. So Mac Oddesy updates please. Either way I will still go.

GFLPraxis
Oct 23, 2007, 03:47 PM
What time does the party begin and end, out of curiosity?

websyndicate
Oct 23, 2007, 05:46 PM
So Mac Oddesy will be having a live band that they are still booking. Not too sure about any food or not (i forgot to ask). They are not 100% sure if they will have Leopard but they are leaning toward yes. I do have my copy of Leopard coming from Apple I should get it sometime Friday Via Fed EX it says but I will still be there to join the fun and messing around with my laptop. Bring your chairs as I will be doing the same. FYI I ALMOST FORGOT the store will be closed all day and open at 6pm for the launch.

So is there a head count?:apple:

Durendal
Oct 23, 2007, 06:35 PM
So Mac Oddesy will be having a live band that they are still booking. Not too sure about any food or not (i forgot to ask). They are not 100% sure if they will have Leopard but they are leaning toward yes. I do have my copy of Leopard coming from Apple I should get it sometime Friday Via Fed EX it says but I will still be there to join the fun and messing around with my laptop. Bring your chairs as I will be doing the same. FYI I ALMOST FORGOT the store will be closed all day and open at 6pm for the launch.

So is there a head count?:apple:
That's about right. As for a head count, we had about 45 people ask us about a launch event as soon as Apple set a date, so we'll probably have a good number of people. I'm thinking that we might open a little earlier than 6PM, but we're still getting everything together. We had a guy from our affiliate drop by this week, so the boss has had his hands full the past few days. We'll be having a helluva time though, so be sure to drop by.

Durendal
Oct 24, 2007, 03:16 PM
Update on the festivities:

We will be having pizza and live music at the Spokane Valley store. We're also running several specials. All of our used Macs will be 25% off (400mhz iMacs through MDD G4s, "Tiger blowout sale"), we'll be raffling one of said Macs off along with gift certificates, 25% off Leopard training, and if you buy an external hard drive and Leopard, you get a free installation and backup, although you might have to pick up that backup the following Monday if you're too late in getting here. We'll also have some other things going on, possibly some schwag, CD giveaways, and more. The Coeur d'Alene store will be having similar events, but this store is bigger and has most of the used goods in it.

Brendon Bauer
Oct 24, 2007, 04:18 PM
I called the Coeur d'Alene MacOdyssey and pre ordered my copy of leopard. They said it'd be waiting for me (reserved) and available at 6:01pm on Friday. They told me that they have Leopard for sure--100%. Also, they said that from 5pm-6pm they will be having a "release party," whatever that means :). I plan on showing up at the CDA store sometime between 5 and 6pm.

websyndicate
Oct 25, 2007, 12:31 AM
I will be there at the Spokane Store

GFLPraxis
Oct 25, 2007, 08:55 PM
Hey, I'm coming and I'm bringing a friend. Should I bring my laptop, or is there no need?

Durendal
Oct 25, 2007, 10:46 PM
Hey, I'm coming and I'm bringing a friend. Should I bring my laptop, or is there no need?
Might as well. Worst case scenario is that you have to leave it in the car.

Durendal
Oct 26, 2007, 12:24 PM
Leopard came in this morning! It's in CdA right now, so I haven't been able to play with it yet, but they'll ship a bunch over to Spokane in a bit.