PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh, PA (ShadySide)

CompUSAMacNerd
Oct 17, 2007, 04:06 PM
Anyone going to be down that way for the release date?

majicman
Oct 17, 2007, 07:14 PM
I believe I will be there with a buddy of mine. We're considering getting in line around 2:30 so we get a t-shirt. =D

-Majicman

anthonyb
Oct 17, 2007, 09:16 PM
5pm .. friend and i.. possibly a banjo and kazoo

AdamL
Oct 18, 2007, 09:07 AM
I'm thinking about it. If I have money to buy it I will be there!

CompUSAMacNerd
Oct 18, 2007, 11:08 AM
My wife and I should be showing up. I will be wearing a black shirt with an intel logo that says: MAC INSIDE. Maybe bondage/chain pants also to go along with it for fun.

anthonyb
Oct 19, 2007, 06:50 AM
lets all drink a few over at max and ermas before 6

antistupid
Oct 19, 2007, 02:34 PM
should be a fun event...

if i see anyone playing on a mac with macrumors.com up, ill come start a conversation! (or vice versa!)

Mechcozmo
Oct 19, 2007, 05:18 PM
I've got a bit of a dilemma. I can buy Leopard at the bookstore on Campus, and it'll cost me $69. But if I go _to_ the store, I get to hang out with a bunch of people and have an OS X launch experience... and pay $119 for the exact same thing.

:confused: What to do, what to do...

thesdx
Oct 20, 2007, 09:41 AM
Yep, I'll be there. If you see someone with an iTouch browsing MacRumors, that would be me.

Chaos215bar2
Oct 24, 2007, 11:50 AM
Well, I have the same problem as Mechcozmo, but I'm certainly not spending the extra $45. I wonder if I can get a shirt without buying leopard. :D

Anyway... I'll probably stop by.

CompUSAMacNerd
Oct 24, 2007, 02:41 PM
My email is JasonAisling@mac.com if anyone is really going, hit me up with a mail and maybe we can all meet. I think the Max and Erma idea is pretty sweet. Anyone think there will be 300 people in line waiting for this thing in Shady?

faisal
Oct 26, 2007, 12:23 AM
lets all drink a few over at max and ermas before 6

Mac Nerd Happy Hour at... 5? If we go any earlier we're likely to see people having some rather disturbing conversations with the Apple Store staff.

"Sir, would you be interested in in previewing Leopard, with over 300 new features!"

"..."

"Sir?"

"... ... I love you, man!"

CompUSAMacNerd
Oct 26, 2007, 05:37 AM
Mac Nerd Happy Hour at... 5? If we go any earlier we're likely to see people having some rather disturbing conversations with the Apple Store staff.

"Sir, would you be interested in in previewing Leopard, with over 300 new features!"

"..."

"Sir?"

"... ... I love you, man!"

That pretty much would sum up my conversation with a staffer. I should be down there around 5 or so, if traffic allows, someone save me a place in line!

alcides11
Oct 26, 2007, 02:19 PM
Alas, I am unable to make tonight's event down in Shady but, please post pics of the event, (the lines, the goodies, the demos).

However.....come to think of it I will get to install Leopard tonight. :rolleyes:

thesdx
Oct 26, 2007, 02:26 PM
Alas, I am unable to make tonight's event down in Shady but, please post pics of the event, (the lines, the goodies, the demos).

However.....come to think of it I will get to install Leopard tonight. :rolleyes:

I'm going to post pics and vids of everything. You might have to remind me to upload them however, as I'll be having too much fun with Leopard! ;)

Update: I'm standing in front of the Apple store right now posting from my iTouch.

zep&mac92
Oct 26, 2007, 10:51 PM
Heres the line before it hit 500... taken on my iphone

thesdx
Oct 27, 2007, 09:43 AM
Here's some pics I took. I also took a few videos that I'm editing right now.

thesdx
Oct 27, 2007, 11:06 AM
Just finished the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeqPqmC4D3g

timothyjay2004
Oct 27, 2007, 12:03 PM
I was totally there, but at round 7:30 pm... took forever to find a damn parking place lol. I got the 7th to the last shirt, a new macmini with Leopard in the box, and the new keyboard.

JustMarci
Oct 27, 2007, 02:41 PM
My first Apple event is now a memory. It was a good time - nice to get in line with fun people. There really is a Mac community.

I ended up standing next to CompUSAMacNerd.

alcides11
Oct 27, 2007, 04:17 PM
Just finished the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeqPqmC4D3g

Man, looks like whoever made it down had an awesome time. Thanks for posting the pics and video.

I must say my evening install session went extremely well, I performed the archive and install method.

Did they have anything other than the T's to give out?

Mechcozmo
Oct 28, 2007, 05:45 PM
I ended up having to work, and was unable to make it. :( Well, there's always 10.6...

CompUSAMacNerd
Oct 29, 2007, 10:56 PM
My first Apple event is now a memory. It was a good time - nice to get in line with fun people. There really is a Mac community.

I ended up standing next to CompUSAMacNerd.

Hey Marci! It's nice to see you again! I hope the shirt fits. I got mine that I'm going to wear most likely tomorrow at work.

My email is JasonAisling@Mac.com if you ever want to keep in touch or what not.