PDA

View Full Version : Houston, TX

Tejasfilm
Oct 17, 2007, 04:11 PM
Anyone meeting at the Galleria store or Memorial City?? Just curious.

bos3ood
Oct 17, 2007, 05:54 PM
I will be going to Houston Galleria, I dont mind meeting up there if you guys are interested. RichieRich

adamtce
Oct 17, 2007, 11:41 PM
i will be at the Galleria

jattamerican
Oct 18, 2007, 09:02 AM
i'm planning on going to the woodlands mall is anyone going to woodlands??

Tejasfilm
Oct 18, 2007, 03:12 PM
Like I said, I'll be at the Galleria. From what I've heard they might be handing out t-shirts. Who knows, but that's what I've heard. Sorry but the Woodlands to far for me to drive to. See ya at the Galleria!!!

TejasFilm...

widgetguy
Oct 18, 2007, 06:28 PM
i'll be at galleria see you'll there

dwhittington
Oct 18, 2007, 10:33 PM
I too will be at the Galleria. I'll be wearing a blue mothership tshirt.

David

jack.yang
Oct 18, 2007, 11:15 PM
darn it, is there no one that is going to the sugar land store in first colony mall? fine!! more tshirts for me!!:p

antoniojvr
Oct 18, 2007, 11:21 PM
I'll be at the Apple store over on Baybrook. Just depends on how early I can get out of work and battle traffic on NASA RD 1.

MarsianMan
Oct 19, 2007, 02:32 AM
darn it, is there no one that is going to the sugar land store in first colony mall? fine!! more tshirts for me!!:p

I should be at the Sugar Land store...any idea when the shirts are being handed out? At 6pm or first customer of the day?

javabean252
Oct 19, 2007, 06:47 AM
I am passing the word around to all the mac faithful in the woodlands area. I will be there with a few friends and macheads. This should be pretty cool release as always.:)

antoniojvr
Oct 19, 2007, 08:58 AM
I'll be at the Apple store over on Baybrook. Just depends on how early I can get out of work and battle traffic on NASA RD 1.

actually, i just remembered that the release happens at the same time as Voodoo Music Fest in New Orleans. Oh well, guess i'll have to wait a few days...

jack.yang
Oct 19, 2007, 08:59 AM
I should be at the Sugar Land store...any idea when the shirts are being handed out? At 6pm or first customer of the day? no ideam but i am probably going to send my brother to go check it out. i just got an emergency case and i'm on my way to Tokyo right now. :D Have fun guys and maybe I will see if Japan's launching them at the same time!

Texas04
Oct 19, 2007, 04:45 PM
Memorial City Anyone?

machopeful
Oct 19, 2007, 10:58 PM
Fisrt Colony mall to get my first macbook!!!!!! with leopard!!!

anyone know what the tshirts look like?

klb028
Oct 20, 2007, 11:13 AM

Hahaha, this made me laugh. I'm closer to the First Colony Mall, but I'm tempted to go to The Galleria or Memorial City.

How early is everyone showing up?

Tejasfilm
Oct 20, 2007, 03:58 PM
I was over there the other day and asked a guy and he said that they had to shut the store down to install Leopard on all the machines. You'd think that they be doing that during the day either that or multiple install discs. The install should take about 30 to 40 minutes maybe. That's how long it took to install it at WWDC...

Texas04
Oct 20, 2007, 05:23 PM
I was over there the other day and asked a guy and he said that they had to shut the store down to install Leopard on all the machines. You'd think that they be doing that during the day either that or multiple install discs. The install should take about 30 to 40 minutes maybe. That's how long it took to install it at WWDC...

Their machines "Freeze" from a main computer at Apple or somewhere on the net. They reset themselves to that configuration. My guess is that they will just set up the Macs to boot from that Apple Machine

So anyone who thought they would invert the colors on a Mac at the Apple Store to be funny.. a simple restart actually fixes it :-/.

MarsianMan
Oct 21, 2007, 11:45 AM
Fisrt Colony mall to get my first macbook!!!!!! with leopard!!!

anyone know what the tshirts look like?

You are actually getting a macbook with Tiger and the install CD for Leopard. :) I called them last week and they said they were just dropping the install CD in with the purchases until they get shipments of pre-installed Leopard computers (or run out of the old ones).

I will be wearing a black shirt with beer and emoticons on it. If you see me at the First Colony store, say hello!

machopeful
Oct 21, 2007, 01:34 PM
You are actually getting a macbook with Tiger and the install CD for Leopard. :) I called them last week and they said they were just dropping the install CD in with the purchases until they get shipments of pre-installed Leopard computers (or run out of the old ones).

I will be wearing either a black shirt with beer and emoticons on it. If you see me at the First Colony store, say hello!

really? man that sucks. but i guess i get the best of both worlds right???

but i went to the apple store yesterday with my dad (he had to pick up the wireless keyboard) and i asked if they came preinstalled, and he said yes. but who knows. they will still end up working for me either way.

and ill end up wearing a bright green polo shirt. so ill hopefully see you then!!!!

Tejasfilm
Oct 22, 2007, 10:55 AM
I'll be at the Galleria Store wearing my I visited the mothership shirt. See y'all there.

MarsianMan
Oct 26, 2007, 05:34 PM
I talked with my family and decided to wait until January for the Penrynn upgrade (and more so for the possible gpu upgrade and black casing). If the "new" macbook pro lineup turns out to be awesome beyond belief then maybe I will end get that.

Sorry guys, I guess I won't you there after all.