PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City, MO

calemon
Oct 17, 2007, 04:22 PM
Post here if you are going to the event at the Country Club Plaza location
(thanks Ice I appreciate it)

Icebird
Oct 18, 2007, 02:01 PM
Anyone going to the event meet at the Country Club Plaza location in KCMO?

The event meet?

zelet
Oct 19, 2007, 09:04 AM
I'm not sure if I'm going to buy a copy or not but I'll head down there after work. You guys want to meet somewhere?

valdore
Oct 19, 2007, 09:05 AM
The macs always smell so nice in our Apple store.

Don't think I'll make it out for this one though...

Stampyhead
Oct 19, 2007, 01:16 PM
I'll be there. I work just down the street and around the corner from the Apple Store so I'll probably head over around 4:30 - 4:45. I imagine it will already be a zoo by that time...

podcast411
Oct 19, 2007, 02:04 PM
I will be heading down to the Store also, any iPhone users let me know. would love to do some interviews for Today in iPhone.

Rob W
Host - Today in iPhone
http://www.todayiniphone.com

Stampyhead
Oct 19, 2007, 03:03 PM
I will be heading down to the Store also, any iPhone users let me know. would love to do some interviews for Today in iPhone.

Rob W
Host - Today in iPhone
http://www.todayiniphone.com

You'll see us iPhone users - we'll be the ones standing in a corner browsing away on our shiny little devices while we wait for 6:00!

Eodchop
Oct 21, 2007, 04:57 PM
We are heading down there. (wife and I) about 5. Is anyone thinking there will be a big turn out??

Icebird
Oct 22, 2007, 01:54 AM
I'll be there. I work just down the street and around the corner from the Apple Store so I'll probably head over around 4:30 - 4:45. I imagine it will already be a zoo by that time...

You think it'll be that crowded? Most casual Mac and iPhone users I've talked to don't even know about the release. A few knew about Leopard, but not that it's coming out next week or even some of the big features.

I'm just going to go by 10-20 minutes before 6pm.

broncoball
Oct 22, 2007, 01:59 PM
does anybody know if the kansas city store will have the family pack on the 26th?

Icebird
Oct 22, 2007, 06:11 PM
I don't see why not... They should have quite a few copies of both. More than they'll be able to sell all weekend.

bbarnhart
Oct 23, 2007, 03:45 PM
You think it'll be that crowded? Most casual Mac and iPhone users I've talked to don't even know about the release. A few knew about Leopard, but not that it's coming out next week or even some of the big features.

It'll be crowded because the store is tiny. I went there one time to get a rubber foot for an iBook and the place was packed. How big is that store, 20' x 30'?

Stampyhead
Oct 23, 2007, 04:25 PM

Yeah, that store fills up quickly. I'm probably just remembering it on iPhone day and not wanting to have to wait outside (it's supposed to rain on Friday). But either way, I'll be there by 5:00 anyway.

Eodchop
Oct 23, 2007, 08:48 PM
Yeah, that store fills up quickly. I'm probably just remembering it on iPhone day and not wanting to have to wait outside (it's supposed to rain on Friday). But either way, I'll be there by 5:00 anyway.

:apple::apple::apple:I dont know about you guys but I would stand outside M$ HQ in redmond in the rain to get a copy of leopard. Maybe it will scare away the casual mac user. I know however, if you are in this forum, you are not the typical user (i.e. my blonde wife). See you guys down there. Who is bringing the beer?:apple::apple::apple:

Icebird
Oct 24, 2007, 02:16 PM

Yeah, I was there on iPhone launch day to get mine and it was packed. But that was also iPhone launch day and all the stores around the US including AT&T stores were packed with hundreds of people.

There'll be around 15-20 of us I bet at max when they re-open.

I'm interested to see the layout of the store when they re-open too. That always excites me. I bet they'll have a screen saver on all the macs that countdown to Leopard before 4pm as well like they did for the iPhone release.

zelet
Oct 24, 2007, 02:43 PM
I'm leaning more and more toward going. I might bring 3 other people with me so that 20 number might be low. :)

technicolor
Oct 26, 2007, 01:40 AM
Im avoiding you all. Going to microcenter in Overland park since its cheaper.

Just cancelled my online order.

Also is this going down at 5 here or do we have to wail until 6 CST?

Eodchop
Oct 26, 2007, 09:24 AM
Im avoiding you all. Going to microcenter in Overland park since its cheaper.

Just cancelled my online order.

Also is this going down at 5 here or do we have to wail until 6 CST?

From all i have heard the they are closing from 4pm-6pm local time for quick training and redoing the inside of the store. The queue should not be too long. It wont be anything like the iphone. Most people do not even know what Leopard is.

bbarnhart
Oct 27, 2007, 03:45 PM
Pictures?

Icebird
Oct 27, 2007, 05:24 PM
From all i have heard the they are closing from 4pm-6pm local time for quick training and redoing the inside of the store. The queue should not be too long. It wont be anything like the iphone. Most people do not even know what Leopard is.

Wow were you wrong. As was I. I arrive at 5:35 expecting to be one of maybe 10-15 people in line, and I'm greeted with a line of at least 150-200 people that goes all the way to 47th street, down a block or two, and into that parking garage. And even went about 30 people deep into that garage. Holy crap.

I got a few pictures of the line, but only when I was closer to the store, and a few in the store from my iPhone. I'll try to get them up.

bbarnhart
Oct 27, 2007, 07:19 PM
Wow! I didn't think that many would show up. Did they do anything special or did they just sell Leopard?

technicolor
Oct 28, 2007, 08:10 AM
Wow! I didn't think that many would show up. Did they do anything special or did they just sell Leopard? There are a lot of mac lovers here and it continues to grow. So much so that there are talks of adding a second store.

bbarnhart
Oct 28, 2007, 11:26 AM
I'd like a store at 135th and Metcalf.