PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo, NY

TFrank2
Oct 17, 2007, 04:33 PM
Hey Everyone,

I'll most likely be waiting in line around 4:30-5, so I'll cya there!

skoker
Oct 19, 2007, 09:45 AM
I'll be there, female friend in tow :D

Might not get there until 5:30 or so, we have picnic plans before it so everybody pray for nice weather...

anirban
Oct 19, 2007, 10:02 AM
Hoping to be there at 5.30pm- I dont get off the university until 4.45pm, and its quite a drive to galleria.

someone28624
Oct 24, 2007, 02:07 AM
Walden Galleria for the win! I'm planning on being there 4:30-5ish too, though the official part-tay doesn't start till 6, I have plans for later in the evening.

I wonder how busy it will be.

TFrank2
Oct 24, 2007, 10:11 AM
Walden Galleria for the win! I'm planning on being there 4:30-5ish too, though the official part-tay doesn't start till 6, I have plans for later in the evening.

I wonder how busy it will be.

When they released Tiger, I was about 25th in line and I got there about 5. When 6 rolled around there was a pretty large line, went from the front of the store and wrapped around the side and just kept on getting bigger and bigger.

Tom

anirban
Oct 24, 2007, 11:36 AM
I wont be purchasing Leopard there. I am going there mostly to test drive it, and in the hopes of getting a free Tshirt :) The most that I intend to buy at the store is a Neoprene sleeve for my MBP.

I plan to get Leopard from my oncampus bookstore...

dansky
Oct 24, 2007, 07:47 PM
The Walden Galleria Mall should be packed by 5pm.......I remember the last OS X release........this one is going to be even greater.
Save me a spot Friday.......this is what it's all about.

We should physically move the Dell kiosk to the other side of the mall.....in the center of the food court!

Apple Rules!!!!!!

someone28624
Oct 24, 2007, 08:19 PM
So you can't actually buy it till 6, right? I'm a newb here. Woohoo, standing in line. I need my sister to see if she can buy it at the RIT bookstore. She's just so not into this though, and she can't have Leopard cause her laptop is a *cough* *cough* Dell *cough*.

anirban
Oct 24, 2007, 08:31 PM
When they released Tiger, I was about 25th in line and I got there about 5. When 6 rolled around there was a pretty large line, went from the front of the store and wrapped around the side and just kept on getting bigger and bigger.

Tom

The Walden Galleria Mall should be packed by 5pm.......I remember the last OS X release........this one is going to be even greater.
Save me a spot Friday.......this is what it's all about.

We should physically move the Dell kiosk to the other side of the mall.....in the center of the food court!

Apple Rules!!!!!!

So you can't actually buy it till 6, right? I'm a newb here. Woohoo, standing in line. I need my sister to see if she can buy it at the RIT bookstore. She's just so not into this though, and she can't have Leopard cause her laptop is a *cough* *cough* Dell *cough*.

You folks are to blame if I dont get to be the first 500 people in the Apple store... stop scaring me! :D:D Only if my university had its classes cancelled... unfortunately, I still cant be there until 5.30pm. Really hoping for a tshirt though.

someone28624
Oct 24, 2007, 08:37 PM
Yay for no Friday classes! Where ya go?

anirban
Oct 24, 2007, 09:44 PM
Yay for no Friday classes! Where ya go?

State University of New York at Buffalo... too bad I have a lab which I cannot afford to miss :mad:

someone28624
Oct 25, 2007, 08:59 PM
D'Youville here.

I called UB Micro today though, and they're having it for $89.99 for SUNY students, starting "Sometime next week, I think." Gerrrr...."sometime next week" tells me nothing!

She was however, able to finish my sentence.

Me: "Hi, I was wondering if and when you'd be getting..."

UB Micro: "Leopard?"

Me: "Uhm...yeah."

Sisterly figure is picking it up at RIT for me ($79 there). I, like you, however, will be there for the t-shirts and the environment.

We need to wear like Mac Rumors stickers or something, so I'll know who to go up to and say, "Hi, I'm someone28624."

anirban
Oct 25, 2007, 09:06 PM
D'Youville here.

I called UB Micro today though, and they're having it for $89.99 for SUNY students, starting "Sometime next week, I think." Gerrrr...."sometime next week" tells me nothing!

She was however, able to finish my sentence.

Me: "Hi, I was wondering if and when you'd be getting..."

UB Micro: "Leopard?"

Me: "Uhm...yeah."

Sisterly figure is picking it up at RIT for me ($79 there). I, like you, however, will be there for the t-shirts and the environment.

We need to wear like Mac Rumors stickers or something, so I'll know who to go up to and say, "Hi, I'm someone28624."

Wow... I dropped by UB Micro a couple of days ago, and they said that they'll sell Leopard for $69 for us UB students. Now after reading your post, Im gonna check on them tomorrow.

I'll see you all at the Galleria tomorrow!

skoker
Oct 27, 2007, 02:50 PM
YouTube video: I was second in line there... first one to cash out.

EDIT: Duh! Forgot the link!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu6RyDWcTpY

anirban
Oct 27, 2007, 05:34 PM
I was more like 18th in the line.... just around the corner. How many people do you think there were all in all?

skoker
Oct 27, 2007, 06:53 PM
I was more like 18th in the line.... just around the corner. How many people do you think there were all in all?

When I left, the count was at around 350 with plenty more to go..