Oct 17, 2007, 08:08 PM
Nope. I'm going to be busy... :(
I'd love to to be there though.

Laslo Panaflex
Oct 17, 2007, 08:13 PM
Nope, I will be out of town.

cuestakid
Oct 17, 2007, 10:21 PM
well i have some information for any Cuesta/Poly Student.

I spoke the El Corral bookstore and they were unsure whether or not they will be able to offer the institutional pricing. They told me that to try again in a few days (which when I called was tuesday) so i plan to call them tomorrow. But if that is not the case then i might consider it. But if they do, I vote that all college students do a meet up at the el corral bookstore

CalPoly10
Oct 17, 2007, 11:28 PM
What would you guys think of us getting a Mac Users Group together? Nothing too nerdy. I am not a huge computer nerd, but I enjoy my Mac stuff, and most Apple users seem to be down to earth.

cuestakid
Oct 18, 2007, 04:17 PM
So I spoke with the El Corral Bookstore and they informed me that they should be receiving leopard on friday but since they close at 4 they will not have it avaliable to buy untill saturday morning which is at 11 AM. Of course, this is assuming that they get their shipment. As for pricing, they will be able to offer it for 89 with a student ID

tonyC4L
Oct 19, 2007, 02:47 AM
So I spoke with the El Corral Bookstore and they informed me that they should be receiving leopard on friday but since they close at 4 they will not have it avaliable to buy untill saturday morning which is at 11 AM. Of course, this is assuming that they get their shipment. As for pricing, they will be able to offer it for 89 with a student ID
Yeah the guy at El Corral told me the same thing. As fun as it would be to wait at the Apple Store, I'd rather save about $30 and wait till the morning.

cuestakid
Oct 19, 2007, 04:59 PM
Yeah the guy at El Corral told me the same thing. As fun as it would be to wait at the Apple Store, I'd rather save about $30 and wait till the morning.

i am with you-anyone wanna meet up on that saturday at the bookstore and get it there?

I might be able to get a friend of mine to go with me as well..

mactastic
Oct 19, 2007, 06:20 PM
Not me... I know it's heresy, but I've got better things to do on a Friday night.

Plus I'll let all y'all be guinea pigs for me. I'll probably buy sometime in early November.

robnum1
Oct 20, 2007, 11:56 AM
I will be waiting at the apple store, but I probably won't buy leopard there. I'll probably go to get the free t-shirt, how soon do you think I should wait in line?

cuestakid
Oct 21, 2007, 03:28 PM
an update to cuesta and cal poly students-el corral will be getting roughly 50 or so copies and you can put your name down to have them call you when they are ready-as of 3:30 PM yesterday, only 4 people(including myself) have pre-ordered one. So if you want a copy, I would recommend pre ordering it from them-it can be done via phone or in store.

Phat_Pat
Oct 27, 2007, 04:11 AM
hey i was there at the cal poly store downtown. nothing really to exciting.. just free t-shirts and what not.

i had already gotten my copy in the mail so i was just there for the show.

but after i went out to the halloween festivities

:rolleyes::p