PDA

View Full Version : Seattle, WA

blesav
Oct 17, 2007, 04:59 PM
I will probably go to the UW Apple store

minik
Oct 17, 2007, 05:11 PM
I will probably go to the UW Apple store

ifoAppleStore and Apple.com posted the following info..

Were Making This Store Better Than Ever

(Apple Store University Village) Well be closed for renovation from October 22 - Nov 2. During this time please visit the Apple Store, Alderwood Mall or Apple Store, Bellevue Square.

Bellevue Square is gonna be packed.

khisayruou
Oct 17, 2007, 05:46 PM
minik: So glad you found that, horrible timing for renovations...the store looks exactly like every other apple store, wonder what the problem is.

I guess I will be in Bellevue, Lynnwood is just too far away.

minik
Oct 17, 2007, 06:06 PM
oh yea... I remembered that I waited in-line for Panther (10.3) at the U. Village store, it was fun. I went to the Bellevue Square store for the Tiger launch, not much room outside the store and regular shoppers were pondering what's going on (similar to the iPhone launch).

Bad timing.. yes.. but better done the remodeling before the holiday shopping season.

ZrSiO4-Zircon
Oct 17, 2007, 08:32 PM
Hmm.. I already have mine preordered from the online store.
Maybe my dad will want a copy :p
Even if he doesn't, I'll probably go to the line-up anyway cuz I'm sure it'll be fun :)
Bellevue Square it is, I'm already there enough anyway.

yvovandoorn
Oct 18, 2007, 04:22 PM
Personally I'm probably going to the Southcenter one. That mall is a giant construction zone + no food court at the moment = less crowds (hopefully). Bellevue is just way to busy for me and Alderwood is just too far.

ZrSiO4-Zircon
Oct 18, 2007, 10:47 PM
Are we too close to Redmond to have a huge group on Macrumors in this area? haha, I kid. Pretty excited about Leopard though.

sushi
Oct 18, 2007, 10:51 PM
Bad timing.. yes.. but better done the remodeling before the holiday shopping season.
Definitely.

The holiday shopping season will be much bigger than just the sales of Leopard.

sharvil
Oct 22, 2007, 07:33 AM
You can all go to the U-Bookstore on the ave!
Also, if you are a UW student, they are offering leopard at $69 only!

khisayruou
Oct 22, 2007, 05:48 PM
You can all go to the U-Bookstore on the ave!
Also, if you are a UW student, they are offering leopard at $69 only!

Are they releasing it on Friday night?!?
UW students...grrr...GO COUGS! ;)

minik
Oct 22, 2007, 08:21 PM
Are they releasing it on Friday night?!?
UW students...grrr...GO COUGS! ;)

YEA! Go COUGS!

Looks like I won't be leaving my office till 5PM... stupid training! I plan to take the Seattle waterfront bus and then Sound Transit Express 550 to Bellevue Square. Tight timing, hopefully I can still get a free T-shirt.

Mechnoch
Oct 23, 2007, 12:56 PM
The Seattle Mac Store (Seattle's largest independent Mac retailer) will be having a Leopard release party starting at 6pm. Since the U-village store sounds like it's going to be closed, this is the best place to go in Seattle. (There may also be an unofficial after-party across the street at the Fusion Ultra Lounge.)

http://www.seattlemacstore.com
WTF? (http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeffcarlson/127632129/)

More Info:
The Mac Store Leopard Insider - 10/22/07

Join Us for Our Huge Leopard Party!
We'll have refreshments on hand and Mac Store professionals to answer all your Leopard-related questions. Plus, we have some great specials exclusively for attendees.

Buy Leopard, Get a leopard!
Get a cute, cuddly stuffed leopard absolutely free with your purchase of Mac OS X 10.5.

Drive your Time Machine and Save!
In order to use Time Machine you have to have an extra hard drive.
Get a LaCie 320GB FW 400/USB 2.0 hard drive and Leopard for just $234
a savings of $35!

Extra RAM = Faster Leopard
25% off any added RAM and we'll even install it for you at no charge!

Sync and Save with .Mac
.Mac $79 -save $20.
Family pack $139 - save $40!

iLife '08/iWork '08 Special
iLife '08 just $69 - save $10. Family Pack just $89- save $10!
iWork '08 just $69 - save $10. Family Pack just $89 - save $10!

Save on AppleTV
Only $279 for the 40GB model.

NOTICE: Special Hours October 26th, 2007: In order to prepare for our huge Leopard party, all Mac Stores will be closing at 4:00pm. However, we will re-open at 6:00pm to prepare for the festivities, and then will tentatively close at 9:00pm (unless the party is still going strong)!

minik
Oct 23, 2007, 01:34 PM
^^
Is that an ad?

I got the same email from The Mac Store anyway.

Mechnoch
Oct 23, 2007, 02:39 PM
The specials were indeed excerpted from the email The Mac Store sent out. Thought it might be helpful for those that are preparing to upgrade their machines.

^^
Is that an ad?

I got the same email from The Mac Store anyway.

minik
Oct 23, 2007, 02:45 PM
Sure... Interestingly, my boss' boss just forward the same 'Mac Store Leopard Insider' email to the tech people here.

Ampidire
Oct 23, 2007, 04:20 PM
Anything in Bellingham to go to? I'm up here for college and can't head home to Bellevue that weekend...

Mechnoch
Oct 23, 2007, 08:55 PM
minik: So glad you found that, horrible timing for renovations...the store looks exactly like every other apple store, wonder what the problem is.

I guess I will be in Bellevue, Lynnwood is just too far away.

I'm assuming the U Village Apple store remodel has something to do with the recent burglary (http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/328555_apple22.html).
Still, the timing is odd given the hype and promotion that Apple is giving Leopard. Why not delay the remodel for a week?
At least the University Bookstore Technology Center (http://www.bookstore.washington.edu/techshp.taf?dept=attribute&category=techhome&par=tech&ttl=techcenter), and the Seattle Mac Store (http://themacstore.com/seattle.php) are not far away.

khisayruou
Oct 23, 2007, 10:50 PM
I'm assuming the U Village Apple store remodel has something to do with the recent burglary (http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/328555_apple22.html).
Still, the timing is odd given the hype and promotion that Apple is giving Leopard. Why not delay the remodel for a week?
At least the University Bookstore Technology Center (http://www.bookstore.washington.edu/techshp.taf?dept=attribute&category=techhome&par=tech&ttl=techcenter), and the Seattle Mac Store (http://themacstore.com/seattle.php) are not far away.

Yea, I read that in the papers today. Only thing stopping me from going to those stores is the free t-shirt.

peterjhill
Oct 24, 2007, 11:53 AM
Yea, I read that in the papers today. Only thing stopping me from going to those stores is the free t-shirt.

I am hoping that the University Bookstore people have a good enough connection with apple that they will get some tee shirts also.

As for EDU discounts, you can get them at the apple brick and mortar stores also, just bring you ID and let them know before they ring you up.

strieck
Oct 24, 2007, 01:37 PM
I am hoping that the University Bookstore people have a good enough connection with apple that they will get some tee shirts also.

As for EDU discounts, you can get them at the apple brick and mortar stores also, just bring you ID and let them know before they ring you up.

In the past, the EDU discount hasn't been available for the OS in the brick and mortar stores. That's the way it was for Panther and when Tiger first came out, but it may have changed recently. Even if they are offering the discount at the brick and mortar Apple stores it will be $116. If you're a UW student or staff member, you'll only pay $69 at the U. Bookstore.

louden
Oct 25, 2007, 06:40 PM

I ordered online - should be here tomorrow in the AM, so I don't have to schlep somewhere to pick up a copy. I wonder if they'll send a nice t-shirt with the order....

cwc123188
Oct 25, 2007, 09:33 PM
I ordered online - should be here tomorrow in the AM, so I don't have to schlep somewhere to pick up a copy. I wonder if they'll send a nice t-shirt with the order....

I don't think they will. Those are for retail stores only.

And FYI, I will be at the Bellevue Square Apple Store, giving out the free shirts from FastMac (I volunteered.) :D

I am expecting to get this design but I don't know for sure.

http://dailytechtalk.com/images/uploads/T-shirt,_Mac_To_The_Future,_Both,_Press_Image.jpg

Kamera RAWr
Oct 26, 2007, 03:04 PM
Anything in Bellingham to go to? I'm up here for college and can't head home to Bellevue that weekend...

I'm in Bellingham as well. You might check out TD Curran on the Guide Meridian, its an Apple Authorized Reseller. Its just a little before the turn for Walmart. You'll see it on the right side, if heading north.

I ordered mine on Monday from the online Apple store... after the deliver exception it says its on the truck, out for delivery :D

LiquidSpikes
Oct 26, 2007, 03:13 PM
I will be at the Lynnwood Apple store.

YAY I cant wait!

this will be my first apple launch event.:D

Rychy
Oct 26, 2007, 03:26 PM
I'm going to be at the Alderwood Mall as well... still trying to decide when I'm going to show up though.

LiquidSpikes
Oct 26, 2007, 04:13 PM
Name the place and I will be there!:D

dizastor
Oct 26, 2007, 04:51 PM
Southcenter 7pm
2 iPhone credits + Leopard Family Pack = $18 upgrade.

Damn you Washington and your ridiculously high sales tax!

Brymo
Oct 26, 2007, 06:12 PM
I already paid for mine at the UW Bookstore. 69 bucks and I get to come in and pick it up, no line waiting for me!

dharris1981
Oct 26, 2007, 06:51 PM
The line at Southcenter mall started forming about 3:45 pacific. As of 4:50 the line stretches around the corner and down the next hallway. I'm probably about 20th in line or so. 1hr 11min till Leopard! Woot!

dizastor
Oct 26, 2007, 07:07 PM
The line at Southcenter mall started forming about 3:45 pacific. As of 4:50 the line stretches around the corner and down the next hallway. I'm probably about 20th in line or so. 1hr 11min till Leopard! Woot!

any chance of the line clearing by... 7?

mwp98223
Oct 26, 2007, 09:05 PM
I'm standing in the Alderwood mall store taking it all in. The line was about 40-50 people at 5p.m. when I arrived. There is still a long line in the store with people waiting to purchase at 7:03 p.m. It looks like they have not reached 500 people, but it must be close. The store is packed and many machines, iphones, drives, etc. are leaving the store along with copies of Leopard.

This is my first launch event. I wanted to come and see what it was like.

Fun.

minik
Oct 26, 2007, 10:16 PM
Did any see Chris Pirillo?

I got there a couple minutes before 6PM. Yeap.. got off from work at 5PM and took 2 busses from the Seattle waterfront.

Anyway, the line looked longer than the iPhone line on 6/29. It made sense since the U. Village store was closed. Similar to the iPhone line, the line was push back to the service hallway. I got the free Leopard T-shirt, but some people were only for the free Leopard T-shirt. I purchased the Family Pack with educational discount on the spot. Not surprising, the dude infront of me in line was a Microsoft employee since he requested for deep MS employee discount.

While walking out the store, I tried Leopard on a 2.16Ghz MacBook; dragging window around the Finder was jerky.

Many people bought hard drives, iPhones, and Macs; which was great. I just save it for MacWorld SF '08.

I went to Tully's afterwards and barista digg Apple. :D They were all talking about 'something going on at the Apple Store' and asked me to show them the Leopard T-shirt.

In general, I love getting  goods on day 1.

dizastor
Oct 26, 2007, 11:38 PM
No line at Southcenter when I got there... 8:45pm.

I'm not sure, but I think I might have got the last shirt. It was the last one in the bin.

minik
Oct 27, 2007, 01:34 AM
No line at Southcenter when I got there... 8:45pm.

I'm not sure, but I think I might have got the last shirt. It was the last one in the bin.

You're lucky. The Southcenter store is a mini-store, right?

The Bellevue Square store ran out of T-shirt in less than an hour.

Rychy
Oct 27, 2007, 02:44 AM
I was seventh or eighth in line at the Alderwood Mall. I enjoyed it, it's always nice talking to people that are enthusiastic about Macs. Got my free shirt and was very surprised they had different sizes!

Bozola
Oct 27, 2007, 08:18 AM
Couple of guys had "Hasta la Vista" t-shirts on in line.
Hee hee

joepunk
Oct 27, 2007, 11:58 AM
wish I could've been at the Alderwood Store. To bad I was working Fri night in Orlando FL.

Did one have to purchased OSX in order to get the t-shirt?

Anyway, have a wonderful weekend with the new OS.

mwp98223
Oct 28, 2007, 06:51 PM
Here are pictures and a short clip when the Adlerwood Mall Apple store opened for the Leopard launch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lKBzZGgsj4