Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

razorianfly

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Hey,

I've just been thinking (yes, not a common procss for me). When the SDK is released, imagine if apple added 'Webclip' to Safari on iphone or ipod touch through a firmware update. Each widget made would be added to a separate program called 'Widgets'. Apple has already shown the 'software' can run widget-style applications, with the introduction of 'Weather' on iPhone.

~ Ok this has nothing to do with the SDK really, unless Apple sign a 'WebClip' type app, although if they were going to introduce it, i'm sure they'd want thier official code on thier instead of a 3rd-party attempt.

This would also correspond with the current rumours that Apple intend to introduce 'Mobile OSX application sales' through iTunes as early as next year.

That would be worth talking about. I presume webclip, or the sort, would work, seeing as though safari on both devices are desktop-class bar a few features. AND ... seen as though both devices have access to Wifi, the clips would update auto, like they are shown to in up-coming Leopard.

I think it would be benificial overall, and fun, complementing Leopards release, but then again, Apple would have to add some sort of 'Widget' application / download section to iPod touch / iPhone first ¬_¬ ...

And

Anyone else think that this SDK and forcing Apple's hand, can only go one way .... Up!?

I don't think we've seen the end of 'official' Apple apps with the announcement of this SDK. If anything, I think we'll see the whole iPhone application suite sold through iTunes to iPod touch users. - Well, a guy can dream can't he?

//~Thoughts/Opinions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.