PDA

View Full Version : Pleasanton, CA (Stoneridge Mall)

iriejedi
Oct 17, 2007, 06:23 PM
I'm currently scheduled to be out of town but I wanted to get the location on the map and see if I do come back early, what type of MR crowd might live in my area and if anyone might be there surfing the mall.

Iriejedi

napann
Oct 18, 2007, 07:48 AM
Hey, I'll be there! Anyone else in the Tri-Valley a MacRumors reader and going to be at the Stoneridge Mall store to buy Leopard?

Neal

dborja
Oct 18, 2007, 07:23 PM
Planning to be there between 6 and 7. We work in San Jose and live in Concord. Stoneridge is just off the freeway on our way home. Getting to Valley Fair in Friday rush hour is no fun and is out of the way. Walnut Creek is on the way but parking is a hassle on a Friday evening.

Hopefully, they won't run out of Leopard shirts at Stoneridge. You think I can get at least two if I'm buying a family pack?:o

napann
Oct 18, 2007, 11:33 PM
I was planning on showing up by at least 3 pm. I don't think there will be any give-a-ways other the $129 for the best OS out there!

dborja
Oct 19, 2007, 12:31 AM
Leopard t-shirt! (http://www.apple.com/retail/):)

napann
Oct 19, 2007, 12:34 AM
Sweet! Thanks for the link and info!

I think you'll be fine getting a T-shirt, there wasn't even 500 people in line to buy the iPhone the day it came out at the Stoneridge Store.

Also, it's great that they are doing it. They didn't give anything away when Tiger came out.

dborja
Oct 19, 2007, 01:22 AM
I'm excited! The improvements and new features sound like a very worthwhile update. I've been reading about Time Machine and I happen to have a 320GB external drive freed up from upgrading my archive disk. Then there's Spaces, Quick Look, Stacks, updated Mail, iCal, Finder, etc!

'Almost bought a stuffed Leopard at Fry's today - they're advertising pre-orders and had the cats for $9.99 in the Mac software section...

BigJakeA
Oct 21, 2007, 10:51 AM
I am busy the 26th, but thought that I would say that I live in the Tri-Valley. I am just gonna buy it online.

dborja
Oct 27, 2007, 12:11 AM
Line before 6PM was about 100 people. By 6:30, probably about 150 people had come. My wife and I got shirts no problem. We even got an extra one for our son by just asking and saying we got a family pack. Pictures taken around 6:30...

Zwhaler
Oct 27, 2007, 01:08 AM
I was there! I got a free TShirt! Woohoo!

HLdan
Oct 27, 2007, 10:29 PM
I was at Stoneridge last nite. So much fun. I was the 25th person in line and a company called Fast Mac gave us T-shirts while waiting in line and then I got Apple's cool Leopard shirt inside. So great to be living in the U.S near an Apple store.

dborja
Oct 27, 2007, 11:29 PM
I was at Stoneridge last nite. So much fun. I was the 25th person in line and a company called Fast Mac gave us T-shirts while waiting in line and then I got Apple's cool Leopard shirt inside. So great to be living in the U.S near an Apple store.

Aw! I was looking forward to a FastMac shirt! I guess they ran out as we were about 75th in line...

Oh well, congrats! We did score three Apple shirts with our purchase of a family pack.:)