PDA

View Full Version : Rancho Cucamonga, CA (Victoria Gardens)

ptrack88
Oct 17, 2007, 07:10 PM
I will be there buying a MacBook Pro and MacBook (Only if they come with leopard preinstalled)

I am hoping for a hardware refresh as well.

-Patrick

(New Apple Convert):apple:

ricosuave
Oct 18, 2007, 12:22 AM
I will be there buying a MacBook Pro and MacBook (Only if they come with leopard preinstalled)

I am hoping for a hardware refresh as well.

-Patrick

(New Apple Convert):apple:

I will be there for this cat's festivities. :D

itsallinurhead
Oct 18, 2007, 10:31 PM
What time are you guys showing up?

Transeau
Oct 18, 2007, 11:22 PM
I *think* I'll be picking up a new macbook Pro (also assuming it comes with 10.5). My current MBP is 11 months old... time for an update.

However, my evening is booked with a Halloween party for my 3yo girl. If I show, I'll be the one with a little Snow White with me :) Maybe about 8pm

screensaver400
Oct 18, 2007, 11:55 PM
Anyone getting there early and want to hold me a spot? I was the first in line at the Tiger release (got there at 6 AM!), but now I have to work. I'll make it worth your while...

theirongiant
Oct 19, 2007, 02:02 AM
Hey Rancho Cucamonga!

My fiancee and I are both Mac Geeks; we even met while working at the Apple Retail store two years ago. We have been planning our wedding for almost a year now, and we had set a date for October 26th very early in the process. Little did we know that Leopard would be released that same night! :D :D What a surprising turn of events for us!

My fiancee grew up in Rancho Cucamonga, so we have decided to get married in that city on Friday at a beautiful, antique Victorian mansion. We will be heading over to the Victoria Gardens around 7PM, in full wedding regalia, to purchase our first Apple product as a new couple.

If Apple Corporate allows our photographer inside, we'll get that too. :)

So if you're planning to come to the release that night, look for us!

brianjmarshall@
Oct 19, 2007, 03:11 AM
I'll be there too!

I plan on getting there way early (about 6 - 6:30 AM). I might have to work, but I'm trying really hard to get it all covered. Just buying a Leopard family pack, but if all goes well, I just might spring for my iPhone, too.

Anyone else have times? I really want one of those shirts; I'm so scared I won't get one!

itsallinurhead
Oct 19, 2007, 08:06 PM
How close to the front of the line do you need to be to get one of the shirts? I really don't feel like standing in line all day like I did for the iPhone.

itsallinurhead
Oct 21, 2007, 03:21 PM
Anyone?

Transeau
Oct 21, 2007, 11:41 PM
The manager at the VG store couldn't even confirm t-shirts.
They are expecting people to start lining up at 6am, and will be letting them in 2 at a time at 6pm.... But he said that they hadn't received any shirts, or information about this, and thought that it may only be the "larger" stores.

ptrack88
Oct 22, 2007, 12:14 PM
I read an article on Gizmodo and they got it from DTT

From Daily Tech Talk website
I just wanted to drop an exclusive anouncement that FastMac is giving away tons of t-shirts on Leopard release day! How do you get one? Just show up at an Apple Retail store in your area on October the 26th at 6:00PM and you'll have the opprotunity to receive one of these amazing shirts. They're extremely limited and not every store will have these. If you will be at the Apple Store at that time and want to be guaranteed a shirt, put your information in the comments or email me and I'll forward your information on to FastMac. Be sure to put your first name and initial, email address and the Apple Store you'll be buying Leopard from and FastMac will send you a box of shirts to give away!

DailyTechTalk's shirts are already on their way. Click Full Story" for a sample of shirts that will be given away next Friday.

There has already been a request for some shirts at the rancho store provided by Shant M.

I will comment on the page to enforce his request.

brianjmarshall@
Oct 24, 2007, 01:29 AM
Shoot. I guess I'll get there earlier then. ;) 5am it is!

:D

I already caved for that iPhone, BTW.

My Mac empire is almost complete!

ptrack88
Oct 24, 2007, 07:09 PM
In addition to the apple t-shirts that will be handed out once you get inside, I am receiving a shipment of 20 t-shirts (more may come) from FastMac. Please post here with your name a way I may identify you at the event. If someone would like to make a graphic that every can have with them to identify the "free shirters" then please feel free to let us know and post it here.
The shirt designs can be found at fastmac.com.

These shirts are being sent to me for free and I will be handing them out for free.

Please look for the guy with the box of shirts and be ready for the upset when I run out.
I will gladly give these to whoever will wear them right away (the intent of FastMac sending us these) and they also requested I take a few pics to send back to them so they can post them. Please be ready to wear this shirt if I give you one and also be ready for perhaps a group photo.

Thank you very much, and I look forward to seeing you guys there.

Leaving work at 1:00pm so I should be there around 2:00pm ish (if nothing breaks at work).
Anyone willing to let me cut will be given a free shirt :) < - - You had to know I was going to try to get something.
(Don't worry I am not buying the leopard discs, just two laptops so I am not your competition)

Thanks again,
-Patrick:apple:

w1n78
Oct 25, 2007, 08:59 AM
i was planning on buying my copy from cal poly pomona. student discount is $79. but since they can't sell it until 6pm and the bookstore closes at 5pm, they won't be selling their copies until monday. not sure if i can wait that long.

i was planning on leaving work early and just cough up the extra dough plus enjoy the whole "waiting in line" experience. but now people are saying they'll be in line starting at 6am? i may have to convince my manager that this will be an R&D day and not go to work.

anyone know if they'll sell the academic price of $116 at the store?

brianjmarshall@
Oct 26, 2007, 04:28 AM
Well Patrick, I'm leaving for the mall in about 2 hours, so I'll have no qualms with saving you a spot for a shirt. Maybe you've guessed, my name is Brian, and I'll be wearing jeans, a Daft Punk shirt, and will be reading and messing around with my Mac. :)

See you all there!

brianjmarshall@
Oct 26, 2007, 09:34 AM
I'm here now at the Store. So, where are all of you!?

I talked with the Assistant Manager, and he confirmed T-Shirts for this location. They just finished working all night on installing Leopard on all the new machines, and all of the computers are either pre-installed with 10.5, or come with a disk in the box; it was unclear exactly.

I'll update every so often; someone come keep me company! I feel like that guy from the iPhone launch that was there way too early!

Best,
Brian

brianjmarshall@
Oct 26, 2007, 10:28 AM
Just a quick update:

No line may form before 9am, so I went to go eat. ;)

See you all later!

brianjmarshall@
Oct 26, 2007, 10:47 AM
http://gallery.mac.com/brianjmarshall#100057

My web gallery for shots of the launch.

(sorry about the current pic, I just threw a picture in there to start up the gallery)

ptrack88
Oct 26, 2007, 11:05 AM
In addition to the shirts that are handed out by apple, I will have t-shirts from fastmac.com (if they get them to my house in time)

here is the email I received today (don't mind the "tomorrow" part, they should be here soon)

"Dear Patrick

Thank you for volunteering to hand out some Mac OS X Leopard T-shirts at
your local Apple Store. We have shipped you a box of shirts that will be
arriving tomorrow via USPS. The tracking number has been emailed to you
via Trackvantage.com (our order tracking system).

In the box, you will find a variety of shirt sizes and designs (one
shirt, of course, is for you to keep and wear at the launch). Ideally, we
would like you to give them away as close to 5 PM as possible and only to
those who are willing to wear one right away! Since we have a limited
quantity that we can give away, we have also enclosed some coupon cards
that you can hand out to those in line who want our shirts.

Once you've handed out the shirts, please take some fun pictures of the
event that we can post on our blog (including people wearing the shirts,
perhaps 1 of you wearing the shirt in front of the Apple store, etc).
Please email these pictures to Leopard@Fastmac.com. Once you've sent the
pictures to us, we will send you some additional shirts, including 1
design that is exclusive to the volunteers (so please don't give the
shirts to your friends & family just yet- we've got you covered in that
regard!)

Thank you once again for your enthusiastic support and we hope you enjoy
the new OS & our T-shirts!

Sincerely,

Roger
Leopard@Fastmac.com"

brianjmarshall@
Oct 26, 2007, 12:40 PM
Ooh, exclusive designs, eh? Sounds pretty sweet to me!

I'm on a Leopard machine right now, and let me tell you guys, it's pretty amazing. The interface is just too much! If you guys have any questions, let me know here, and I'll do my best to answer them throughout the day, granted I keep my spot in line.

Best,
Brian

ptrack88
Oct 26, 2007, 01:45 PM
How many people are there already?

I am at work until 1pm (work off hospitality) I am going to the cal state area to pick up my girlfriends (and hopefully the shirts) and I will be heading out to Rancho after that.

Brian I will look for you when I get there.

Thanks,
-Patrick

P.S. Brian, the time on your camera is off.

w1n78
Oct 26, 2007, 01:49 PM
i have a meeting at 1pm and who knows when it will be over. but my boss was cool leaving early since i'm gonna be their guinea pig even though he already pre-ordered everyone a copy at work for our iMacs. so no line? that sounds good. i want a shirt and a copy of leopard.

thanks for the updates

thepack1138
Oct 26, 2007, 02:14 PM
hey ppl. i'll be seeing ya guys there later today. from previous experiences at apple store events, they usually have 1000+ shirts or whatever they give away. so don't fret about being #50 in line or any thing. so don't stress that you have to be there 4 hours early or any thing. 1 hr before may be enough.

brianjmarshall@
Oct 26, 2007, 03:19 PM
Yeah, ten hours early was overkill... I'm still the only sad soul here! Man, I feel like such a geek, haha. But at least I know that I worked for it! Its all about the experience right?

See you all soon! Its supposed to be a little chilly tonight, so don't forget to bring a light jacket. :)

erandall38
Oct 26, 2007, 03:51 PM
In addition to the apple t-shirts that will be handed out once you get inside, I am receiving a shipment of 20 t-shirts (more may come) from FastMac. Please post here with your name a way I may identify you at the event. If someone would like to make a graphic that every can have with them to identify the "free shirters" then please feel free to let us know and post it here.

These shirts are being sent to me for free and I will be handing them out for free.

Please look for the guy with the box of shirts and be ready for the upset when I run out.
I will gladly give these to whoever will wear them right away (the intent of FastMac sending us these) and they also requested I take a few pics to send back to them so they can post them. Please be ready to wear this shirt if I give you one and also be ready for perhaps a group photo.

Leaving work at 1:00pm so I should be there around 2:00pm ish (if nothing breaks at work).
Anyone willing to let me cut will be given a free shirt :) < - - You had to know I was going to try to get something.
(Don't worry I am not buying the leopard discs, just two laptops so I am not your competition)

Thanks again,

Patrick, my buddy and i would both like some t-shirt and would wear them. What is the best way to get ahold of u? Phone?

scu
Oct 26, 2007, 04:04 PM
I will be there close to 4.

How many people are in line now?

It is 2 local time.

thepack1138
Oct 26, 2007, 04:16 PM

Thanks again,

I would love a shirt as well! I'll be the guy with short dark hair with a goatee wearing shorts and brown sandals. I dont know what shirt i'm going to wear but it will be a polo. see ya ppl there!

w1n78
Oct 26, 2007, 04:22 PM
he preordered it and now he's installing it. i'm so jealous. i was gonna preorder it but thought they were gonna start shipping today, not receive by today.

so no line yet? i'm gonna take off soon from downey. 605 sucks right now :(

TheHitman
Oct 26, 2007, 04:22 PM
I will be getting there around 5:30 you guys. Ill be the dude with short black hair combed to a point in the center, a goatee, thick black rimmed glasses, and Ill be wearing black slacks, chucks, and a tuxedo jacket. Someone save me a spot up front yeah? I so badly want a shirt.

itsallinurhead
Oct 26, 2007, 04:49 PM

Transeau
Oct 27, 2007, 12:26 AM
I came, I saw, I bought, I bailed.

Not too bad at all. My little one and I showed up at about 6:40, Lined up, got two shirts, paid for 10.5, and were home by 7:15.

I was the one with the 3yo in a Snow White costume yelling at me because she wanted to play with the iMacs.

ptrack88
Nov 2, 2007, 01:10 AM
Well I gave a lot of you shirts, and you guys allowed me to take a picture of you all.

Here is the link to the picture which is now on FastMac's website
http://blog.fastmac.com/category/t-shirt/

Also here is a screenshot of the page.

(Giving out those shirts helped me out today when I called the Apple Store to get my girlfriend's laptop swapped for the Santa Rosa chipset MacBook. They said they remembered me and after some negotiating, they agreed to do an even exchange for the new product)

Thanks a lot!

:apple:-Patrick:D:apple: