PDA

View Full Version : Manchester Arndale, UK

eenu
Oct 17, 2007, 07:24 PM
Any takers?

I am just going for the launch have pre ordered already. I should be getting there around 4pm.

eddx
Oct 19, 2007, 06:23 AM
I'll be there from about 5pm onwards with a couple of mac geeks. Should be a blast, somehow I can't imagine 500 people would fit in the Apple Store but no matter.

eenu
Oct 19, 2007, 07:13 AM
I'll be there from about 5pm onwards with a couple of mac geeks. Should be a blast, somehow I can't imagine 500 people would fit in the Apple Store but no matter.

cool, no doubt see you down there! Nice blog btw

Project
Oct 19, 2007, 04:50 PM
I'll be there. Perhaps around 5.30pm.

graememiller
Oct 20, 2007, 03:21 AM
I hate queuing! But I guess I'll be there around 4:45-5:00... I'm sure they'll have plenty in stock (he says!). The iPhone however is a different story - anyone know how to get tent pegs into solid concrete flooring?!

eenu
Oct 20, 2007, 07:21 AM
I hate queuing! But I guess I'll be there around 4:45-5:00... I'm sure they'll have plenty in stock (he says!). The iPhone however is a different story - anyone know how to get tent pegs into solid concrete flooring?!

i'm only going for the t-shirt..... hopefully thats not just a US thing

Karvel
Oct 20, 2007, 05:24 PM
i'm only going for the t-shirt..... hopefully thats not just a US thing
Haha same here ;) Will the store be closed for an hour or so beforehand or will it be "ooh, we've got Leopard now"? :D

freeman24
Oct 20, 2007, 06:56 PM
Ive decided to cancel my online order and take a 45min train journey to Manchester. Cant be bothered waiting around till Tuesday to get my order!

eenu
Oct 23, 2007, 07:31 AM
been to the store today, closing at 4pm opening at 6pm until 10pm. I didn't ask if the t-shirts were only for the first 500 purchases though as i have already purchased mine online!!

eenu
Oct 26, 2007, 05:08 AM
I'll be getting there betwee 4-5 after installing leopard at home

lavarock09
Oct 26, 2007, 06:18 AM
Yeah,
I'll be there at the Trafford Centre!
Can't wait! Should be awesome :D

sweetice2007
Oct 26, 2007, 07:31 AM
Yeah,
I'll be there at the Trafford Centre!
Can't wait! Should be awesome :D

im at trafford too.gonna be sneaking out from work cos i m working grrr! want a tshirt!! yeah its for 500 guests

eenu
Oct 26, 2007, 02:04 PM
Hi all,

pictures from the arndale launch :) T-shirts as shown on the front of mac rumors

Project
Oct 26, 2007, 02:20 PM
This is what the queue looked like from the back at 5.45

:tu to the shop staff handing out bottles of water to those of us in the queue

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2367/1763504168_14544ef706_b.jpg

eenu
Oct 26, 2007, 02:27 PM
This is what the queue looked like from the back at 5.45

:tu to the shop staff handing out bottles of water to those of us in the queue

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2367/1763504168_14544ef706_b.jpg

mwhahahaha i was at the front ;)

was Q'n from 4pm

You should have come said hello and i would have let you in the Q

was so funny being in the Q as i had leopard on me and people couldn't understand how i had got it 6 hrs before them

Dagless
Oct 26, 2007, 02:36 PM
Whoa! I had no idea there would be such a big queue in the Arndale! Go Manchester, or something :)

eenu
Oct 26, 2007, 02:37 PM
Whoa! I had no idea there would be such a big queue in the Arndale! Go Manchester, or something :)

Yeah the manager was saying she thought 250 but being in a job where i quite often need to guage crowd numbers i'd say 350+

Project
Oct 26, 2007, 02:42 PM
mwhahahaha i was at the front ;)

was Q'n from 4pm

You should have come said hello and i would have let you in the Q

was so funny being in the Q as i had leopard on me and people couldn't understand how i had got it 6 hrs before them

Didn't know what you looked like! I walked past the front though with my girlfriend as we were trying to figure out where the queue ended. She found it all bizarre and said she couldn't believe that there were hundreds of people in Manchester as sad as me LOL.

danbalsh
Oct 26, 2007, 04:01 PM
I'm in those pictures!! haha, I'm famous ;-)

I was well surprised to see SO many people in the Arndale... got some right funny looks of some local 'chavs' asking everyone what they were queuing for?!?!

Even got a M size t-shirt... which I wore with pride whilst installing Leopard :-)

All-in-all.... a fun 30mins :-)

eenu
Oct 26, 2007, 04:19 PM
I'm in those pictures!! haha, I'm famous ;-)

I was well surprised to see SO many people in the Arndale... got some right funny looks of some local 'chavs' asking everyone what they were queuing for?!?!

Even got a M size t-shirt... which I wore with pride whilst installing Leopard :-)

All-in-all.... a fun 30mins :-)

Were you one of the guys next to me? I was the guy that already had Leopard in his bag.

danbalsh
Oct 26, 2007, 06:42 PM
Were you one of the guys next to me? I was the guy that already had Leopard in his bag.

Nah... I was quite a way back in the queue, other side of the store to where you were waiting :-)

You can just make me out... playing with my iPod Touch :-) black coat over yellow hoodie.

DaanZijlstra
Oct 26, 2007, 07:11 PM
I was there, came all the way from the Netherlands...
Uhm, was actually visiting my brother who's living in Macclesfield, but this coincided nicely. Joined the queue around 5:30 pm and made some photos with my iPhone which I might try and post later. At 6 everything went really fast and smoothly, I was instore within 5 minutes and bought Leopard with a 10% educational discount. Very nice, since the 75 GBP are cheaper than the 115 euros I would have to pay on the continent... :rolleyes:

eddx
Oct 26, 2007, 08:35 PM
Yes, I did go.

I was 30th-ish in the queue - the dude running around with a DSLR.

I took a lot of photos, one of which is now on my website...

Leopard Premiere, Manchester Arndale (http://www.edsphotoblog.com/?p=395)

There are about a dozen more photos of the event at the Arndale store that I can upload if anyone is interested, just let me know.

Hope that everybody is as pleased as I am with their free t-shirt and the decision to "add a new Mac to your Mac" - soooo true it seems!

eddx
Oct 26, 2007, 09:22 PM
I took a lot of photos, one of which is now on my website...

Leopard Premiere, Manchester Arndale (http://www.edsphotoblog.com/?p=395)

Well, within minutes I have recieved a comment on the blog requesting more of my photographs from the event so here we go.

I just made a quick little page in iWeb and put up my best 12. The aren't very good pictures but you get an idea of what happened at the Arndale Store.

My 12 best photos from the event (http://www.edsphotoblog.com/apple/Photos.html)

Hope you like them.

fiaz2468
Oct 26, 2007, 09:32 PM
Well, within minutes I have recieved a comment on the blog requesting more of my photographs from the event so here we go.

I just made a quick little page in iWeb and put up my best 12. The aren't very good pictures but you get an idea of what happened at the Arndale Store.

My 12 best photos from the event (http://www.edsphotoblog.com/apple/Photos.html)

Hope you like them.

Thank you so much. I'm sure we would appreciate more.

eenu
Oct 28, 2007, 07:32 AM

Hope you like them.

I'mon a few of your pics :)