PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo, Japan

iAlan
Oct 17, 2007, 10:46 PM
OK all you Tokyo-ites, how about a gathering at the Ginza Apple Store.

If Leopard is to be released at 6.00 pm here I will definitely be there at 6.00!

I'll be the Australian in a suit with a little MacRumors flag, kind of like the flags you see Japanese tour groups following around.

I kid, don't want to embarrass myself too much. If there are others interested let's talk meet strategy!

Cheers

macboy62
Oct 18, 2007, 10:50 PM
I'll be there, taking the day off work.
English, 40 something with long hair and beard (comes as an accessory when you buy a Harley). :D

sushi
Oct 18, 2007, 10:55 PM
Would like to join you guys.

However, I have a meeting this evening and probably won't be able to make it down there in time.

One favor, can you check out the supply of iPod Touches -- specifically if they have the 16GB model in stock. TIA.

iAlan
Oct 18, 2007, 11:29 PM
One favor, can you check out the supply of iPod Touches -- specifically if they have the 16GB model in stock. TIA.

I bought a 16GB iPod touch at the Ginza Apple Store on Tuesday. I already had an 8GB model (bought the day launched in Japan from BicCamera) and this has found it's way to my partner, so not a waste of money - we were both getting one eventually. There were quite a few in stock, and when I asked they said that most of the 16GB are finding their way to the Apple Stores, and other venders (like BicCamera) are only getting the 8GB in larger quantities.

Anyway, will see if I can 'appropriate' a couple of extra t-shirts for my fellow Tokyo based MacRumor colleagues who can't attend! Probably not possible, but I did get some extra stuff when Tiger came outů

sushi
Oct 19, 2007, 12:08 AM
I bought a 16GB iPod touch at the Ginza Apple Store on Tuesday. I already had an 8GB model (bought the day launched in Japan from BicCamera) and this has found it's way to my partner, so not a waste of money - we were both getting one eventually. There were quite a few in stock, and when I asked they said that most of the 16GB are finding their way to the Apple Stores, and other venders (like BicCamera) are only getting the 8GB in larger quantities.

Anyway, will see if I can 'appropriate' a couple of extra t-shirts for my fellow Tokyo based MacRumor colleagues who can't attend! Probably not possible, but I did get some extra stuff when Tiger came out…
Thanks for the update on the iPod Touch.

A T-Shirt would be cool! :)

yoyo5280
Oct 19, 2007, 02:59 AM
Im to young for meetups, but does anybody know if :apple: are doing it at shibuya store? acutely...no school GINZA YAY!

maybe

mom might say no
(of-course to meetup but to going in general...maybe)

macboy62
Oct 19, 2007, 03:10 AM
Im to young for meetups, but does anybody know if :apple: are doing it at shibuya store? acutely...no school GINZA YAY!

maybe

mom might say no
(of-course to meetup but to going in general...maybe)

I think all the stores worldwide are doing the T-shirt thing. Check out Apple Japan site, Google a translation to get it in English.

As for the meet up... bring your mom, some of us are probably the same age or older :D

yoyo5280
Oct 19, 2007, 03:39 AM
Maybe I will.

Also, my mac mini is sick. I think it got the TB outbreak that happened at my school :o

I can take it to the genius bar on Friday! even more of an excuse, right? :)

Shame my dad can't come

macboy62
Oct 19, 2007, 03:56 AM
Okay being serious for a minute. I am a dad and I wouldn't like to think that my son was being encouraged to go meet a stranger. So if mom or dad says no then they are only thinking of your safety.

Please don't arrange to meet someone off the internet. Many MacRumors people will be there and if you AND your mom or dad is with you we can say hi.

Take Care

Stuart

yoyo5280
Oct 19, 2007, 03:58 AM
sorry, my messages are coming out wrong

I will not be going to the meetup to meetup in anyway and will not show in anyway i am from macrumors.

I DO need to go for the genius bar and WANT to go for the T-Shirts and my parents will come

macboy62
Oct 19, 2007, 04:09 AM
sorry, my messages are coming out wrong

I will not be going to the meetup to meetup in anyway and will not show in anyway i am from macrumors.

I DO need to go for the genius bar and WANT to go for the T-Shirts and my parents will come

Great I hope you get a T-shirt :)

yoyo5280
Oct 19, 2007, 04:30 AM
cool! thanks!

same 2 you :)

(i luv apple shirts :) )

yoyo5280
Oct 19, 2007, 08:20 PM
I will probably buy Leopard but can I show up with out buying it? Like to test it on the new macs?

Nugget
Oct 19, 2007, 08:22 PM
I'll be with you in spirit....

http://macnugget.org/albums/japan2004/IMG_2338.thumb.jpg (http://macnugget.org/photos/japan2004/IMG_2338)

...from Texas USA.

colinp
Oct 19, 2007, 09:29 PM
I guess I'll be with you in spirit as well :D

I have fond memories of running over to the Ginza store after work for the Tiger release. It was pretty incredible how damn long the line was- but it moved impressively fast! I'm still kicking myself for letting the Apple store employees convince me to buy the English box instead of just getting the Japanese one. Oh well :apple:

Podgy
Oct 21, 2007, 11:06 PM
Anyway, will see if I can 'appropriate' a couple of extra t-shirts for my fellow Tokyo based MacRumor colleagues who can't attend! Probably not possible, but I did get some extra stuff when Tiger came outů

Alas, I'm in Chiba-ken and working AND I already reflexively pre-ordered
the feline but I'd REALLY like a T-shirt!

I'm sure all the Maccites who get them wont want to part with them but
if you do I'd be really grateful I'm dying for some Mac t-shirtness!

Yoroshiku onegaishimasu

Podgy

Oct 22, 2007, 06:05 AM
my name is tim; i have blue glasses and i will be loitering around inside the ginza store probably from around 5:30pm.

yeah!

rainbowboi
Oct 23, 2007, 08:52 AM
when do you guys think people will start lining up...I'm trying to figure out when I should (if i have to) leave school to get a t-shirt!

BobArctor
Oct 25, 2007, 07:41 AM
Hi everyone!

Fellow Australian here... I will hopefully be at the Ginza store as soon as possible after work. Hopefully the trains aren't too packed.

Can't wait!

macboy62
Oct 25, 2007, 06:37 PM
Good morning everyone,
Looks like it is going to be a wet day for queuing.

I'm heading into Tokyo in a few hours, I'll try and keep you posted as to the line at Ginza.
:)

yoyo5280
Oct 25, 2007, 08:19 PM
Thankyou!

Weather is bad...I have never done this before...what are the lines like?

rainbowboi
Oct 25, 2007, 10:19 PM
well its about noon, i came over to see what the lines are like. all the computers have leopard on them already, Im sort of surprised by that...when I came in there was one guy in line, and the employee i talked to said that they don`t really expect people until about 4...

Podgy
Oct 25, 2007, 10:40 PM
Alas my cat came to my house this morning at 9:20 while I was at work!
Called them and they're coming back after six so there's no way I can
get to Ginza!

Can anyone get me a t-shirt? I'm prepared to donate some yen...

Yoroshiku,
Podgy

macboy62
Oct 25, 2007, 11:16 PM
Hi I am using 10.5 in the Ginza store, there are 10 people in the que outside at 1:15 pm. I will join them soon. :)

macboy62
Oct 26, 2007, 01:18 AM
Hi it's now 3:16 and there is a little rain here in Ginza. The que is still short only 18 people so far. I guess there is plenty off time yet to get a t-shirt for those of you that are having to wait until you finish work.
:)

yoyo5280
Oct 26, 2007, 01:33 AM
My mom has officially banned me from ginza at night and says I have to go the shibuya store. What time should I start to line up?

UPDATE: Going early to show my inner fan boy :P
Wish I could bring my dad's iPhone :(
Is there a way to post via sms....no right?

yoyo5280
Oct 26, 2007, 05:21 AM
I Own It!!!:):):):)