Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Schnebar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 15, 2006
California
As most high school kids know, Sparknotes is a daily visit. Sometimes to supplement the reading and make sure you didn't miss anything or when you are in a rush replace it.

Most of the time for a month you are just visiting the same book.

If there was an app which took that book and made a file for it that you could access without wifi that would be cool.

Just an idea for someone thinking of an app that would be wanted.

Schnebar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 15, 2006
California
You know, like um, pdfing or copying to .txt and dumping it on the device to use a 3rd party app to read it king of thing?

Yeah that will work.

But its just an idea for an app that will make it a little easier.

There are plenty of apps which would be like that.

Ones that you don't really need but make the process easier.

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
how would u do that as of now?

I don't have an iPod touch, but afaik the touch is capable of running the same apps as the iPhone. Therefore, you could either PDF the text and use the PDFReader to read it or you could .txt the text and use Books.app to read it (I do this with a lot of books).

So basically it's a matter of going to File > Print > PDF or copying and pasting all the text.

adamman41

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2007
I don't have an iPod touch, but afaik the touch is capable of running the same apps as the iPhone. Therefore, you could either PDF the text and use the PDFReader to read it or you could .txt the text and use Books.app to read it (I do this with a lot of books).

So basically it's a matter of going to File > Print > PDF or copying and pasting all the text.

how do u drag it into the touch or phone? sftp something, or what?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.