PDA

View Full Version : Miami, FL - (The Falls)

JZ Wire
Oct 18, 2007, 05:01 AM
Hi, to all those who plan on going to the apple store at the Falls.

fallingskye
Oct 19, 2007, 03:13 PM
Has the new store opened (or will open by then) or is it still that little hallway they have?

JZ Wire
Oct 19, 2007, 09:25 PM
Wow, I had completely forgot. No, the new store wont be finished by then. I went a few weeks ago and they told me not until November. Hmm, I cant imagine too many people in that tiny "temp" store.

ncook06
Oct 25, 2007, 06:11 PM
I guess I won't be going then. :(

JZ Wire
Oct 25, 2007, 10:40 PM
It may not be our "normal" store but at least they made an attempt and are still open. Im pretty sure they can accommodate use all. Im going either way so we'll see how it goes.... :rolleyes:

huperniketes
Oct 26, 2007, 01:32 PM
I'd prefer meeting up at Aventura, as it's a decent-sized store with decent options for food and stuff. Transportation also has more options than The Falls.

I'll be going to get a copy and get my apps running on Leopard. I hope to meet up with some customers there.

Apple Hobo
Oct 26, 2007, 09:24 PM
Wow, I had completely forgot. No, the new store wont be finished by then. I went a few weeks ago and they told me not until November. Hmm, I cant imagine too many people in that tiny "temp" store.

I hope you had better luck than I did. :o I stopped by on the way home from work, took one look at the huge line outside the boarded-up store and left. CompUSA is also reporting "out of stock" in all the stores here.

Just bought a copy on Amazon for $109 + $3.99 one-day Prime shipping (and no tax :p).

JZ Wire
Oct 27, 2007, 12:44 AM
I hope you had better luck than I did. :o I stopped by on the way home from work, took one look at the huge line outside the boarded-up store and left. CompUSA is also reporting "out of stock" in all the stores here.

Just bought a copy on Amazon for $109 + $3.99 one-day Prime shipping (and no tax :p).

What time did you get there? I went early and was towards the beginning of the line. They were letting about 10-15 people inside the store at a time and I was in the second group.
The line started to get quite long close to 5 and after I left the store the line was still pretty long. Oh well, I used my edu. discount and at least payed a little less. Instant gratification... you bet! :p :D

*Oh, they told me that the new store should be done by early Nov. around the 12th or so. They said its gonna look awesome.

hb0b
Oct 27, 2007, 09:01 AM
I was apart of the first group to go in. I got there at 4:30.

They had plenty of copies so I'm sure everyone in line got one.

hb0b
Oct 28, 2007, 09:16 AM
Photos/Article of the event at the Falls (http://www.planetx64.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=858&Itemid=1)

JZ Wire
Oct 29, 2007, 12:22 AM
Photos/Article of the event at the Falls (http://www.planetx64.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=858&Itemid=1)

Nice job. You took a lot of great pics. It turned out to be a nice day, well, except for the rain. Too bad the store wasn't completed by then. I did get my copy of Leopard and an OS X t-shirt which was a nice bonus. I have been using Leopard since then and its been a nice experience so far. I especially like Time machine and spaces. Also the new mail is great and the notes & to-do's are quite helpful. Hope everyone else is enjoying leopard as well! :)