PDA

View Full Version : Return to Castle Wolfenstein for OS X

MacRumors
Sep 15, 2001, 10:19 AM
As reported by xlr8yourmac.com (http://www.xlr8yourmac.com), a downloadable demo of Activision's Return to Castle Wolfenstein (http://www.activision.com/games/wolfenstein/) is due out today, Saturday the 15th. It had been assumed that this would be a PC-only release, but a quote from Graeme Devine's .plan file might indicate otherwise:
" Mac stuff.

I've been playing the WolfMP test natively under Mac OS X. I've also got the OS X installer for WolfMP all wrapped up and standing by. "

Recall that the Quake III Arena demo came out for the Mac (OS 8.x) a couple of weeks before any other versions surfaced. Download links, etc. avail at the main game page (above link)--keep an eye out for it sometime today.

shadowcharly
Sep 15, 2001, 08:26 PM
i'm sorry for you, man, because if you allow terrorism to dictate your life and the way you express your pain and sorrow, there's no point in fighting those terrorists... they've already won.

Best wishes and hope your pain heals with time.

Bluedemon
Sep 15, 2001, 10:04 PM
mymemory,

What you must understand is that we are all hurting in the US, but we can't let this dictate how we live our lives. In an effort to keep our economy strong it is important that we go out on Monday and spend our hard earned money like nothing happened. We were already on the brink of a recession and this could push us over the edge. We must show these people that they can not whip us into submission.

NO B&W
Sep 15, 2001, 11:37 PM
umm Is this macrumors?

why dont you guys go to MSN.

ThorPrime
Sep 16, 2001, 12:52 AM
Uhh wrong boards boys.

Any way this game will rock
nuff said.

itomato
Sep 16, 2001, 12:54 AM
It sucks.

nuff said.

Scab Cake
Sep 16, 2001, 03:57 AM
When I first installed it and played it, I was thinking, "Wow, this is really strange." For those of you who've never played it or heard anything about it, it's nothing like Quake or UT. It's more like a real war simulated using the Quake graphics engine. You can only play in teams (right now) and it's the Axis vs. Allied forces. You get to choose which team you play on and (right now) there is a maximum of 16 players per team. You CAN kill your teammates and it's a little confusing because the only way you can distinguish teams is by colors of the uniforms (either beige or gray). After playing for about 15 minutes, I started getting the hang of what the whole thing was about. It's really cool and fun when you get into it. It's kind of a totally different 3d game. You really have to work in teams. It's a lot of fun! But, I don't think it's the kind of game for everyone. Give it a try, though. Might as well...It's not like it's costing anyone anything.

blakespot
Sep 16, 2001, 08:19 AM
Yea, it uses the Q3 engine. I do wish that there had been an OS X release yesterday. Graeme's .plan update lead us to believe one was imminently forthcoming, but I suppose we're going to be forced to wait a bit before we can play with the demo.

Ahh well...

blakespot

gr8gatzby
Sep 17, 2001, 08:46 AM
is there a 9.x port? where might i find it.....