PDA

View Full Version : Novi, MI

iMacBook
Oct 18, 2007, 02:00 PM
Anybody going there? Only a half hour away from my house. I MIGHT give in and buy it. Just need to make $130.00 a.s.a.p.

Bigsam411
Oct 18, 2007, 10:20 PM
For those not wanting/able to get to Oaks by 6 The Best Buy on Haggerty and 8 mile Should have it in the Apple Shop within the store. I will Be there (Working) exactly at 6. Less lines and a lot easier to get a copy. I will Post back as I get more info before the 26 to find out if for sure we will have them by then. I did notice in our system that it said the in stock date was the 29th but that could have just been placeholder date before it was accounced.

Roy Hobbs
Oct 18, 2007, 10:36 PM
For those not wanting/able to get to Oaks by 6 The Best Buy on Haggerty and 8 mile Should have it in the Apple Shop within the store. I will Be there (Working) exactly at 6. Less lines and a lot easier to get a copy. I will Post back as I get more info before the 26 to find out if for sure we will have them by then. I did notice in our system that it said the in stock date was the 29th but that could have just been placeholder date before it was accounced.

Non Apple retailers probably won't have Leopard on the 26th

Bigsam411
Oct 18, 2007, 10:41 PM
Non Apple retailers probably won't have Leopard on the 26th

you could be right but our Apple Rep seems pretty confident that we are getting it the day of. We got iWork and iLife within a day or 2 of the releasing. The difference is that they both released the day they were announced. We also got iTouches the day apple stores got them. Our apple section was put there by apple so its as close to a real apple store as anybody would want.

Roy Hobbs
Oct 19, 2007, 10:14 AM
you could be right but our Apple Rep seems pretty confident that we are getting it the day of. We got iWork and iLife within a day or 2 of the releasing. The difference is that they both released the day they were announced. We also got iTouches the day apple stores got them. Our apple section was put there by apple so its as close to a real apple store as anybody would want.

I just wouldnt want to waste my time waiting around Best Buy when I could have been at the Apple Store and at least got a free shirt.

Not that there are 4 Apple Stores in the Metro Detroit area I don't excpect the lines to be that bad.

sulhaq
Oct 19, 2007, 03:48 PM
I might show up at the Apple store. My sister's been nagging me for forever to take her to the Twelve Oaks mall. This seems like a good opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. Only problem is it's a good one and a half hour drive from Romulus and I might get lazy lol.

iMacBook
Oct 19, 2007, 04:54 PM
Takes you that long to get there? Only takes me a half hour, give or take a little bit. I live in AP.

Tofaha
Oct 19, 2007, 10:28 PM
I might show up at the Apple store. My sister's been nagging me for forever to take her to the Twelve Oaks mall. This seems like a good opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. Only problem is it's a good one and a half hour drive from Romulus and I might get lazy lol.

does it take you that long? do you not take 275 ? :eek:
because from the airport it should be about a half hour ;)

sulhaq
Oct 20, 2007, 05:19 PM
Oops lol. Meant "a good half hour" I don't know where the one came from. Excuse me it's the lack of sleep :p

Anyway, I'm still lazy -_-

iMacBook
Oct 20, 2007, 10:16 PM
Ahhh. I see. :P

Oh well. I really wish I could go, but I need to make $130 first. :(

weslobombs
Oct 24, 2007, 11:10 AM
CMON PEOPLE! wheres all the dedicated macrumors fans who want to meet up and be comrades before the launch!?

i will be there with a special tshirt im going to make for myself. if anyone wants to meet up and talk about how sweet apple is (i could do that for HOURS) there is a little sitting spot right outside the store! i will be there buying a new imac.

i have a brown mohawk, cant miss me, i'm 6'5''.

lesdoit.

Bigsam411
Oct 27, 2007, 04:21 PM
So I hear there was a huge line around the mall yesterday. I wish I woulda been able to go had it not been for work. I did convert several people to mac yesterday though so its all good. I also sold a few copies of leopard which was kinda boring as I was expecting more than a few. oh well.

PinkyMacGodess
Oct 27, 2007, 06:01 PM
So I hear there was a huge line around the mall yesterday. I wish I woulda been able to go had it not been for work. I did convert several people to mac yesterday though so its all good. I also sold a few copies of leopard which was kinda boring as I was expecting more than a few. oh well.

I was at Somerset. Wore an original Apple (with the coloured apple device) t-shirt and was photographed a few times. It was crowded in the small store and extremely noisy. Being my first 'grand something' at an Apple store, it was kinda fun too. I bought a MBP 2.2G also and was told that 'It has Leopard already installed on it' and was shocked to see that Tiger came up. There was a 'drop in' dvd and I had to install/upgrade it. Oh, the line went past the center of the mall. Apple folks were cruising the line and there was security patrolling too. Like what would happen? We're mac users...

One odd thing, it ran really hot with Tiger but since the upgrade seems to run cooler. I mean that I had pronounced red burn marks on my legs last night and this morning, it seemed somewhat cooler... Not cold, just not leaving red marks on my legs.

Was a lively crowd. Someone yelled that they wanted to know where the Vista line was... Probably for returns, if there was one. Sommerset has a Sony Style store but I couldn't think it good to walk in there carrying a MBP and look at stuff. Sony's quality seems to have slipped anyway lately IMO.

Was good... Had a few issues with Leopard so far. imovie and garageband wouldn't load but an update apparently fixed that. Installing MS Office 2004 was interesting as it doesn't do all the updates at once. You have to rerun the updater over and over until it doesn't find any more updates. Something like 4 times...

Only 'bitch' that I have is that it's hard to see the dot under the active program in the dock, and I had a heart stopping moment when I noticed that there were white spots in the top menu bar. I freaked, thinking that they were blown pixels or something but it's the new Aero-esque transparent menu stuff showing the stars of the desktop through. PHEW!

So far, Life Is Good... (Met the 'Psychild' in the line in the mall. Interesting person. Look up his myspace pages.)