Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple will be webcasting their 4th Quarter 2007 financial results on Monday, October 22nd at 2pm PT/5pm ET.
Please note that comments made during this call may include forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties, and that actual results may differ materially from these forward-looking statements. For more information on the factors that could influence results, please refer to Apple’s SEC filings.
Apple's 3rd Quarter results were reported in July. During that conference call, Apple addressed questions about early iPhone sales and reported the the highest revenue in a June quarter in Apple's history alongside record breaking Mac sales.

Early estimates have shown a rise in Apple Mac marketshare in the most recent calendar quarter.

Article Link

Oktobernv

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2007
Monday is gonna be BIG

Next monday is going to be HUGE for APPLE.

The # of MAC sales is going to ROCK the world.

I am predicting 2.3 million MACS sold last quarter.

Plus, the added revenue from IPHONE.

The conference call should be a GEM.

LONG and STRONG with APPL shares.

Get um while you can.

Rob in Vegas:)

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
the numbers reported for the past quarter are only a small indicator. The future outlook is the most important bit of info.

Apple has destroyed estimates time and time again, but the stock price plummets after calls like these when the future guidance is too conservative for investors. The stock price is not based on past performance but the perceived value of company growth in the future.

DHagan4755

macrumors 68020
Jul 18, 2002
Massachusetts
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it unusual for Apple announce earnings on Monday afternoon? Hasn't it always been Wednesday afternoons?

thomasfxlt

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2005
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it unusual for Apple announce earnings on Monday afternoon? Hasn't it always been Wednesday afternoons?

That's been bugging me all day too. Some Wall Street geek should be able to fill us in.

rfrankl

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2006
They changed the reporting date so they can be a day ahead of AT&T instead of a day behind is my guess. I think they want to dictate what is said first about the iPhone rather than let AT&T put their foot in their mouth and Apple do damage control.

mklos

macrumors 68000
Dec 4, 2002
My house!
They changed the reporting date so they can be a day ahead of AT&T instead of a day behind is my guess. I think they want to dictate what is said first about the iPhone rather than let AT&T put their foot in their mouth and Apple do damage control.

Hehe...don't trust AT&T? :p :D

megfilmworks

macrumors 68020
Jul 1, 2007
Sherman Oaks

Good call. Apple was upstaged earlier by sloppy ATT announcements. Apple wants control over the iPhone in more ways than one. Go Apple!!

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
i guess we'll see how many were unlocked after we compare the #sold to the # activated by at&t.

i'm excited .. if this stock rockets to $200+ after earnings, i'll take some off the table and buy a new macbook pro! i cant wait for earnings!

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
i expect the stock will jump in the after hours and then have a huge sell off in the days follwing .. probably back down to $150 or so before legging up to $200 by MWSF.

aristotle

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2007
Canada
the numbers reported for the past quarter are only a small indicator. The future outlook is the most important bit of info.

Apple has destroyed estimates time and time again, but the stock price plummets after calls like these when the future guidance is too conservative for investors. The stock price is not based on past performance but the perceived value of company growth in the future.
You would have thought that investors would have caught on that Apple always provides overly conservative guidance and always (since the iPod launch) out performs that guidance and analyst estimates.

juanm

macrumors 68000
May 1, 2006
Fury 161
Where was my crystal ball in 1997 when I needed it?

Probably in the same place it is today. If you had found it, now you'd be buying tomorrow's top performer stocks instead of wandering on fanboy forums. You can join today our Hidden Jewels® free 30 day trial and receive LOTS of unsubstantial mails telling you how you can spend your money now in order to be rich tomorrow (or not)!
:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.