Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
I want to buy another game for the wii. I will buy mario kart but obviously that is next year so I wouldn't mind buying another one before then. I like racing, sports games, the sims, that sort of thing. Not really into shooting etc. Any tips?

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
Try
Zelda....do you have it?
Excite truck
Paper Mario
Cooking mama
Elebits
Godfather.....GTA style with waggle

For the love of eveything thats good with the world dont pick up red steel.....we dont want these guys making more money to bring a craptacular follow up.(its a shooter so stay away:) )

Bless

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Some of my best console experiences with my friends and family have been with Excite Truck and Metal Slug Anthology.

SSX Blur is quite good too, I'm glad my sister bought it instead of me though. It's fun but theres nothing really compelling about it.

Have a look on the Virtual Console too, search by genre for what you're after!

zero2dash

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2006
Fenton, MO
MySims

Best pick-up-and-play Wii game out there IMO ;)
plus you said you like The Sims...you'll love MySims. It's a mixture of The Sims + Animal Crossing. Very cute, very fun game...dare I use the word 'adorable'. :D

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
What games do you already have?

Based on your preferences, I would say either Excite Truck (so much fun, soooooo much fun, but when racing another human there are no computer controlled cars, and no online) or Mario Strikers Charged. Both of them are great games and I've probably spent more time on them than all my other games combined. Well, maybe not if you add in Wii Sports. Maybe.

JackAxe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2004
In a cup of orange juice.
Wii Play just for the extra controller. The game is fun for a few and good to pull out when others haven't played it.

I like Paper Mario quite a bit, but other games grabbed my interest, so I have yet to finish it. But I will do so as soon as I finish Metroid, Zelda Wii, and Zelda DS. :eek:

<]=)

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
I want to buy another game for the wii. I will buy mario kart but obviously that is next year so I wouldn't mind buying another one before then. I like racing, sports games, the sims, that sort of thing. Not really into shooting etc. Any tips?

Mario Strikers Charged if you want multiplayer or online play, and Excite Truck if you're playing on your own.

Rayman Raving Rabbids is hilarious and funny, but wait for the sequel, IIRC next month.

Zelda is an amazing single-player game, but only if you like solving complex puzzles.

Get Wii Play because it's $50 and includes a $40 controller, so it's really just a $10 game. Even though you'll probably beat it in an hour.

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
I don't anticipate having anyone to play with too often :( So some good 1 player games would be handy :)

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
I've narrowed it down to My Sims, Super Mario Galaxy and Fifa 08. Leaning towards My Sims...anyone? :D

pcypert

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2006
Bangkok
I have MySims and Fifa...just waiting for Mario Galaxy. You couldn't have picked three games with more differences. Well maybe but none of these games are similar. All give you very different experiences.

Paul

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan
Well Battalion Wars 2 comes out tomorrow, which is mostly cartoonish strategy. Metroid Prime 3 is good and Mario Galaxy comes out in a month or so.

mikelong622

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2006
St. Paul, Minnesota
Ugh I HATED MySims. Way too dumbed down IMO. Zelda is always a winner, awesome game. Also, not sure if you are into horror/action games but Resident Evil 4 for the Wii is amazing.

bwanac

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2006
Mario Galaxy if you are patient.

Or Zack and Wiki. That is supposed to be awesome.

jbstew32

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2007
Zelda was definitely worth it. If you take your time you can get 40-60 hours of play.

The Godfather is a decent game, especially if you are a fan of the movies and Grand Theft Auto. It's missing a bit of depth, but it's a good game. I've heard Scarface is also a very good GTA-type Wii game, but obviously in the 80s time frame instead of the 40s as with the Godfather

Super Paper Mario is a little cartoony and feels a bit kiddy, but I think it's a pretty fun game.

SSX Blur is good for a rental. Steep learning curve, but enjoyable once you get the hang of it.

Call of Duty is another game you might want to rent. Definitely not worth buying, but offers an ok shooter. If you want a shooter though, I'd suggest checking out the new Metroid

I've found IGN's Wii game reviews to be pretty spot on

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.