Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

This week, Apple announced that Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard had been completed and will be launched on Friday, October 26th at 6 p.m. nationwide.

According to our sources, Apple did indeed settle on the last Gold Master candidate (Build 9A581) as the final retail version of Leopard. Despite some early claims that the "Gold Master" of Leopard had been leaked to the internet, all of these claimed leaks appear to be false. Apple has kept the distribution of Leopard Gold Master internal and is not even planning on releasing the Gold Master to developers until it makes its way into consumers hands.

Apple's retail launch of Leopard will take place at 6 p.m. local time at Apple Retail stores across the U.S. and Apple Stores will be giving out Leopard T-Shirts to the first customers. Customers buying new Macs at Apple's Retail stores on the day of the launch (even before 6 p.m.) should find Leopard DVD inserts already included.

If you haven't already ordered online, MacRumors readers are organizing meetups in their local regions.

Article Link

carrjar

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2007
Columbus, OH
Free T-Shirts

I don't want to sound like a tulip, but are the Free T's worth waiting in line for? I'd pay full price at the retail store if the shirt was worth it. As of now I'm preordering on Amazon ($20 instant rebate with free shipping $109 TOTAL) Are they one generic size? X Large like the ones they throw out at sporting events, or a unique shirt that people actually wear?:cool:

celebi23

macrumors regular
May 31, 2004
CT
Hopefully the t-shirt will be at all stores, not just the major stores. It would fit nicely with my Mac OS X t-shirt from late 2000/early 2001 :cool: :D

Drumjim85

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
DFW, TX
I don't want to sound like a tulip, but are the Free T's worth waiting in line for? I'd pay full price at the retail store if the shirt was worth it. As of now I'm preordering on Amazon ($20 instant rebate with free shipping $109 TOTAL) Are they one generic size? X Large like the ones they throw out at sporting events, or a unique shirt that people actually wear?:cool:

Ya, in my experience, all free shirts are huge, and are better used as rags for cleaning rather than for wearing....

TheSailerMan

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2006
New York, New York
Wow, Mac buyers next Friday will be lucky people. When I purchased my first Mac (a Mac mini) it was the same day Tiger was being released, but it was only 3 in the afternoon. The Tiger disk was actually in the box, but before they gave it to us, they removed it. :(

Fortunately, they did give us $10 off the mini so that we wouldn't be paying an extra $10 for something we could have gotten a few hours later for no extra cost. :) (The Apple Store was too far away from home for us to make another trip that day.)

muttley1211

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2007

Apple's retail launch of Leopard will take place at 6 p.m. local time at Apple Retail stores across the U.S. and Apple Stores will be giving out Leopard T-Shirts to the first customers. Customers buying new Macs at Apple's Retail stores on the day of the launch (even before 6 p.m.) should find Leopard DVD inserts already included.

what are you trying to say....you know something about new updated macs?

;)

MonksMac

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2005
DFW
Wow, all this is making me so excited for Leopard! Only 7 Days,19 Hours, 33 minutes,and 16,15,14...:D

Luap

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2004
So, erm.. T shirts? Apart from those, none of this is news at all.

MonksMac

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2005
DFW
Stuffed leopards? Pfffh. My money's on Apple having real leopards! ;)
That would be awesome! Sriously doubt it though, Apple probably would end up with another lawsuit or something.;) Honestly some people sue for the silliest stuff...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.