Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Football1maniac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
So the other day, I decided to clean up my hard drive a little and delete most of the TV Shows that I had in iTunes (that I didn't buy). But on my iPod touch, I made it so when I sync to my computer, it wouldn't delete the shows that were on my iPod touch that weren't on my computer.

So today, I plugged my iPod back in, and a little pop-up came up. Asking me if, I would like to sync some purchased material from my iPod to my iTunes Library. Sure enough, it did and now those TV Shows are back. Interesting how every where I looked about the iPod touch, no where did I see something about this feature. It could come in handy, especially if our Library gets deleted.:rolleyes::apple:

macchappy

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2007
I suppose that this is similar to how if you go to Videos, and flick from right to left on a video, you get a choice to delete it.

REBELinBLUE

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2007
London, UK
iTunes has had this for a while, I always used to get the alert when I plugged my 5th Gen iPod in at work.

Note that it isn't a way to backup your library, as it will only transfer iTunes purchased music, so you'll need to keep a backup of other files anyway.

<edit> It transferred non purchased TV shows back to iTunes, or do you mean shows you deleted on the iPod are back? If the latter, it is a bug, try playing them and you will see there is nothing in them

Cointreau

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2007
Just a point of clarification if you don't mind, since I'm fairly new to iPods in general...

How do you set it up on the iPod so that if you delete a movie on your hard drive, it will not delete it from the iPod?

Many thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.