PDA

View Full Version : Chandler, AZ (Chandler Mall)

ryandbrimhall
Oct 19, 2007, 02:10 AM
Hey,

didn't see a thread for Chandler so I started one. I've got me and two other guys going down for the festivities.

Danny

kwong2006
Oct 19, 2007, 10:08 AM
I am buying from my University, but I might drop by to join the festivities.

casademora
Oct 19, 2007, 12:48 PM
It's sad, I bought my MBP on 9/30, so I'm out $100 i guess...at least I can try to get a free shirt! :) see you there!

JPark
Oct 23, 2007, 04:13 PM
I'm a little bummed to see how few macrumors users are looking into the Chandler store. On the other hand, more shirts for us! :D

Sun Baked
Oct 23, 2007, 04:20 PM
Well everybody at Intel will likely be working on getting the new fab up and running.

Twilight Elk
Oct 23, 2007, 05:32 PM
I want to go to eigher the Apple Store in Chandler or the brand new one at SanTan.

If I just go to the store and try out Leopard, I can still get the shirt, right? No buying anything (though I may depending on how much I have :o)

formerpcfanboy
Oct 23, 2007, 06:44 PM
I was going to get my first imac that day but I will wait until they are pre-loaded with leopard :-( Waited my whole life for a mac a few more weeks will not kill me!!! Also there is a new apple store at SANTAN??????? Where is that ???? But I will be there on Friday to play around with Leopard!!!

szark
Oct 23, 2007, 06:52 PM
Also there is a new apple store at SANTAN??????? Where is that ????

Apple Store -- SanTan Village (Gilbert, AZ) (http://www.apple.com/retail/santanvillage)

Basically, it's at the intersection of Williams Field Rd. (Chandler Blvd.) and Loop 202.

I was hoping to attend the SanTan Village grand opening, but then I'd be arriving in L.A. around 1:00 am, and I'm not sure I'd be able to stay awake. So I'm going to drive out to L.A. early and visit one of their stores.

Twilight Elk
Oct 23, 2007, 08:23 PM
Forget SanTan, it's too far away from Pinal County @_@

Ill try to make it at Chandler Fashion; I wonder how long a wait this will take (knowing most of the general public use Windows, probably not long)

casademora
Oct 24, 2007, 12:13 AM
Well, this is one Intel employee that cares more about a software release than a dumb billion dollar fab going up...I'm just glad I don't work the night shift <spine tingle>.

Anywho, the San tan store is closer to the house, so I'll be heading there instead of chandler...

vaal
Oct 24, 2007, 02:23 PM
I'll be there Friday, though I'm pretty sure my company will be buying Leopard. Should be a nice new store -- I think the San Tan shopping complex is now the biggest in AZ.

Micrll
Oct 24, 2007, 07:30 PM
I am buying from my University, but I might drop by to join the festivities.

Same here, I really want to get a leopard shirt. One of my family members gave me a tiger shirt and its still one of my favorites.
I will also be buying from the university since its going to be cheaper.
Will I still get a shirt if I show up to just watch some demos and try out the new 10.5 machines? (along with talking to other mac users :) )

comptr
Oct 25, 2007, 04:32 PM
I will be there at the new santan apple store :):cool: what time is everyone going to be there :confused: :confused:

kugino
Oct 25, 2007, 09:39 PM
i'll probably be there, too...what time are people meeting up? i'll be wearing my panther dog tags :D

djscouserboy
Oct 25, 2007, 10:27 PM
I'll probably be at San Tan I think ... what time are people showing up? I was thinking 4pm??

comptr
Oct 26, 2007, 12:50 AM
I'll probably be at San Tan I think ... what time are people showing up? I was thinking 4pm??
Thats what I was thinking also around 4:00pm - 4:30pm some time around there is that when everyone else is coming :confused:

Twilight Elk
Oct 26, 2007, 11:04 AM
I'm going to Chandler at 6pm if i can...

benj07
Oct 26, 2007, 03:48 PM
Well, this is one Intel employee that cares more about a software release than a dumb billion dollar fab going up...I'm just glad I don't work the night shift <spine tingle>.
\

What's this Intel thing?

ThirdEarth
Oct 26, 2007, 04:17 PM
Ill be stopping at the San Tan Village around 6ish quickly, hopefully theres not a big line.

catch07
Oct 26, 2007, 04:54 PM
I'm at the Chandler store and they have ropes setup just like they did for the iPhone. I am the 3rd of 3 people in line.

Should be a fun night.:)

http://www.adamshepard.com/leopard.jpg

ThirdEarth
Oct 26, 2007, 05:17 PM
I'm at the Chandler store and they have ropes setup just like they did for the iPhone. I am the 3rd of 3 people in line.

Should be a fun night.:)

http://www.adamshepard.com/leopard.jpg

I was at there when Panther came out, and i was towards the front to and the line got pretty long, im sure i will be longer this time around.

kugino
Oct 26, 2007, 06:07 PM
i'm here at the SanTan Village apple store...there are about 35 people in line now. three things are going on: mall grand opening, apple store grand opening, and leopard debut. freebies, baby! :)

http://homepage.mac.com/grant.yamashita/Sites/Images/santan.jpg

ThirdEarth
Oct 26, 2007, 06:10 PM
Keep us posted how many people there is in line as 6 o'clock approaches!

catch07
Oct 26, 2007, 06:17 PM
About 25 people now. The store is closed till 6.

kugino
Oct 26, 2007, 06:53 PM
there's a good 50-60 at santan now...

...or closer to a hundred now.

update: make that a FEW hundred!

Twilight Elk
Oct 26, 2007, 11:16 PM
I was at Chandler, but I bet i was unnoticable, lol

I got to test out Leopard on the MacBook Pro and the new Macs. It is awesome, but I have to wait until June to get one :\

(yay, free t-shirt :D)

comptr
Oct 26, 2007, 11:53 PM
I was there at san tan i was around the 75th to the 100th person there it was great got leppord and ilife

kwong2006
Oct 27, 2007, 12:20 AM
I got there around 7:30, and they were handing out T-Shirts.

The Leopard Experience was absolutely spellbinding. Now, I can't wait to get my grubby hands on it... :)