PDA

View Full Version : Las Cruces, New Mexico (NMSU Campus)

dethl
Oct 19, 2007, 10:21 AM
I know there's gotta be a few NMSU MRers out there. Anyway, the campus bookstore will be selling Leopard at 6pm at Corbett Corner for $89 (a real EDU discount!). When I called the bookstore they didn't know if any specials were going on as of yet (like last time where you got a first gen 512mb Shuffle dirt cheap when you bought Tiger).

If there is anyone else out there interested, post in this thread!

Addendum: Nothing else is going to be happening sadly. No extra deal like there was with Tiger. Darn.

Geohead
Oct 24, 2007, 06:53 PM
Do you have to be a student to buy from your campus store?

IBeMe0610
Oct 24, 2007, 11:04 PM
Do you have to be a student to buy from your campus store?

Don't think so I've bought Apple merchandise at NMSU, no has ever asked me for an ID or any other proof of being student/faculty/staff. However, I am a student, so maybe they're just used to seeing my face.

Look at it this way, the worst they can tell you is "no." Personally, I doubt that will happen.

Roessnakhan
Oct 25, 2007, 10:43 PM
I'd meet up if I 1) had a car to get down there (damn people who run red lights) and 2) didn't already have an Apple Store up here in ABQ. ;)

dethl
Oct 26, 2007, 11:56 AM
Don't think so I've bought Apple merchandise at NMSU, no has ever asked me for an ID or any other proof of being student/faculty/staff. However, I am a student, so maybe they're just used to seeing my face.

Look at it this way, the worst they can tell you is "no." Personally, I doubt that will happen.

I think for the release events the bookstore will want a student ID since the price is a promotional one until the end of the month (actually you have to preorder to get the $89 price tag if you don't buy a copy tonight). I think they required my ID when I bought Tiger from them.

dethl
Oct 26, 2007, 07:53 PM
No one got Leopard tonight. I have a feeling that Apple's involvement with delaying shipments to prevent any early ones may have had a hand in preventing our bookstore from selling on time. I'm highly disappointed in Apple.