PDA

View Full Version : Apple Universal Dock?

Stang68
Oct 19, 2007, 12:32 PM
Hey guys and gals,

I am in the market for the Apple Universal Dock, but it is soooo expensive. I want to be able to sync my touch while on a nice dock but for a reasonable price. I made a bootleg one using the ipod touch box and it works fine, but it is really ghetto looking. Do you guys know of any places that sell the dock for cheap?

Thanks!

iMouseHD
Oct 19, 2007, 12:55 PM
I just, not an hour ago picked up a Dynex 5in1 Universal dock from Best Buy and my touch is charging as I type this. It comes with the cables for audio and video and a wall adapter for an outlet plug and the best part.....clearance price at $8.00 bucks.:)

Stang68
Oct 19, 2007, 01:07 PM
I just, not an hour ago picked up a Dynex 5in1 Universal dock from Best Buy and my touch is charging as I type this. It comes with the cables for audio and video and a wall adapter for an outlet plug and the best part.....clearance price at $8.00 bucks.:)

Wow...I wish I was you. I looked on best buys web site and they dont have it for a price like that! Aghhh! I'll try to find it on some sites. Thanks!

inflynx
Oct 19, 2007, 03:28 PM
Hey guys and gals,

I am in the market for the Apple Universal Dock, but it is soooo expensive. I want to be able to sync my touch while on a nice dock but for a reasonable price. I made a bootleg one using the ipod touch box and it works fine, but it is really ghetto looking. Do you guys know of any places that sell the dock for cheap?

Thanks!

You may try to find an Apple iPod Universal Dock. It is what was before the Apple Universal Dock. Looks the same but has no remote included and costs less.

stupendusboi
Oct 19, 2007, 06:46 PM
i just bought an apple universal ipod dock from circuit city online for like 20 sumthin bucks.. yeah..

Hoo03
Oct 19, 2007, 07:54 PM
I've never used eBay before until recently...but I managed to pick up brand new apple ipod charger for around $12 shipped.

Sure enough it shipped quickly and I am very happy with mine.

SuperDaddy
Oct 19, 2007, 07:57 PM
I recently bought a Philips home theater system, and it came with an iPod dock.

Thought that was pretty cool.

tony Ramirez
Oct 19, 2007, 08:01 PM
circuit city has it for 25
the universal dock
happy shopping =]

Stang68
Oct 20, 2007, 12:31 AM
circuit city has it for 25
the universal dock
happy shopping =]

yea, i found a different one for 8 dollars on amazon. I was gonna do the circuit city one, but it said it was not available. So I just went with the Dynex one. It should do the job. Thanks for all the help!

iMouseHD
Oct 20, 2007, 03:33 PM
8 bucks and a day later I am very hapy with it, i think you find you got a great deal :)

AFKMatrix
Oct 21, 2007, 12:14 AM
I was just wondering if you could provide a link to the shop you bought the Dynex Dock from? As I can only find it on Ebay and I would prefer getting it from a shop.

Also I assume the Universal Dock from Circuit City doesn't come with a lead so you can charge it from the mains? As this is what I really want, to be able to charge it from the mains.

Stang68
Oct 21, 2007, 12:58 AM
I was just wondering if you could provide a link to the shop you bought the Dynex Dock from? As I can only find it on Ebay and I would prefer getting it from a shop.

Also I assume the Universal Dock from Circuit City doesn't come with a lead so you can charge it from the mains? As this is what I really want, to be able to charge it from the mains.

Sure, I bought it from Amazon. Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/DYNEX-Docking-Station-Universal-Ipod/dp/B000RZPCF6/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-4158257-6870456?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1192946260&sr=8-1

Just pick any one of the authorized vendors. Enjoy!

baclark
Dec 24, 2007, 01:59 PM
i got an ipod touch and the Dynex Universal ipod dock. it works fine except there is no picture through the tv when i play a video. i can hear the sound and also play music. there is just no video. can anyone help me out? i am starting to think that av cables don't work with the touch and i will probably have to buy the component one for 50 bucks. please help!

Stang68
Dec 24, 2007, 09:34 PM
i got an ipod touch and the Dynex Universal ipod dock. it works fine except there is no picture through the tv when i play a video. i can hear the sound and also play music. there is just no video. can anyone help me out? i am starting to think that av cables don't work with the touch and i will probably have to buy the component one for 50 bucks. please help!

yea I got the same result. I dont think it has to do with the dock, though. I just think the touch is not yet able to do video out yet. I am not 100 percent though.

CopyChief
Dec 26, 2007, 11:10 AM
The big problem with any of these docks is they won't work with the new iPods for video out. They'll be fine for audio and charging, but there's a chip or some kind of authentication with Apple's new accessories to handle this function.

Sometimes it is really hard to stay behind this company!