Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jackthelad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
Hi folks, Got the itouch today, well impressed, just got to work up the courage to install the jailbreak app.

Have been on the BBC site with Safari on WIFI to view the news videos but they dont seem to work on the itouch. BBC - use REAL or windows media player to view their media on line and not quicktime

Am I missing something or being really stupid :eek:

did a search but came up with nothing. :mad:

Anyone out there in itouch land got any help :)

ta

I

baummer

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2005
Southern California
Hi folks, Got the itouch today, well impressed, just got to work up the courage to install the jailbreak app.

Have been on the BBC site with Safari on WIFI to view the news videos but they dont seem to work on the itouch. BBC - use REAL or windows media player to view their media on line and not quicktime

Am I missing something or being really stupid :eek:

did a search but came up with nothing. :mad:

Anyone out there in itouch land got any help :)

ta

I

It's iPod Touch or Touch. NOT iTouch.

BBC video requires either Windows Media or Real Player. Some of their content is also restricted to UK IP addresses only.

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
It's iPod Touch or Touch. NOT iTouch.

BBC video requires either Windows Media or Real Player. Some of their content is also restricted to UK IP addresses only.

It's Windows Media Player NOT Windows Media. It's Macintosh NOT Mac. etc.

adamsweeting

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2007
You kinda answered your own question.... "The BBC use Real or Windows Media" - That's why you can't view them!

iPod plays H.264 .mp4, not .wmv or .rm

Retired
May 16, 2006
Hopefully there will be a solution for this once the SDK comes out...Firefox iPhone might include WMP support...

jackthelad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
You lot are a touchy or Touchy or Itouchy or iTouchy lot here ;););)

I have a MBP (if thats the right way of saying it) and think i have flip4mac to play the media on my laptop.

Just seems nutty to have a touch with safari and not being able to use certain sites. :(

speakerwizard

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2006
London
its not really apple though. even with a computer you need to get certain media players or plugins for certain sites. safari is fully net complient, just doesnt do some proprietry formats.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.