PDA

View Full Version : What time is everyone going to the store at?

klb028
Oct 20, 2007, 10:03 PM
I'm interested in finding out how early some people will be going to wait outside the Apple store. I've never waited for a release on anything before, so this is all very new to me... haha.

I still remember walking through a mall the day the iPhone was released and just being in awe at the lines and lines of people I saw.

overanalyzer
Oct 20, 2007, 10:21 PM
I preordered, personally. I'm looking forward to getting
home from work and having my family pack already there without having to go wait in line. Launch day purchases can be fun for new products, but it hasn't been very long since getting my iPhone and somehow waiting for a DVD doesn't seem that exciting. :)

klb028
Oct 20, 2007, 10:23 PM
I know a lot of people are worried about not receiving their copy by the 26th, though - as am I.

overanalyzer
Oct 20, 2007, 10:55 PM
I know a lot of people are worried about not receiving their copy by the 26th, though - as am I.

Guess we'll see, but I have confidence Apple can manage to mail a disc in time. I'm just wondering if they are planning on overnighting them or trying to time it out via slower mail. Overnighting probably wouldn't be that expensive for them with their quantity discount and for such small packages. At least I have the benefit of being in major city, a couple miles from the airport, and within walking distance of the distribution centers for USPS, UPS and FedEx. :)

Thertel88
Oct 20, 2007, 11:26 PM
im going to the palisades mall in new york...Ive never been to a release either im thinking around 430-500 to get there

nintapple
Oct 21, 2007, 09:45 AM
as early as 3:30
no later than 5:30

RosieO
Oct 21, 2007, 02:10 PM
The Apple Store here is closing from 4-6 to get ready for the Leopard release. I can't see what they need 2 hours to get ready for.:confused:

Mac-Addict
Oct 21, 2007, 02:47 PM
The Apple Store here is closing from 4-6 to get ready for the Leopard release. I can't see what they need 2 hours to get ready for.:confused:

Updating every mac in the store to leopard and putting up posters and displays in windows and walls. :)

Thertel88
Oct 21, 2007, 10:46 PM
I have 3 questions

1. at the Tiger release did everyone get scratch off cards?

2. ^^ Did everyone receive the 10% discount along with the scratch cards?

3.If I were to buy an iMac that night with the 10% discount can i get that on top of my education discount?

Cyclotrode
Oct 21, 2007, 11:02 PM
I will more than likely be there around 3:30 or 4.

It's almost here!!! :apple:

alacava
Oct 22, 2007, 07:51 AM

During the iPhone launch, we had some hands-on and a meeting also.

twoodcc
Oct 22, 2007, 07:56 AM
i'm not getting there before 5:00 for sure. just depends on when i get home from work i guess (you know how bad friday traffic can be)

overanalyzer
Oct 22, 2007, 04:10 PM
During the iPhone launch, we had some hands-on and a meeting also.

Ooh, a much rumored but rarely seen Apple Store employee posting in the forums (at least while declaring your employment). I guess if you only post about things from 4 months ago, they can't get mad. :)

Skystar
Oct 22, 2007, 04:52 PM
I get off work at 5pm, and the Apple store is approximately an 8min walk from my office. So I will be there no later than 5:10 :D

Do they generally have enough stock for the people waiting in line with OS X releases? This is my first one..

wngraham
Oct 23, 2007, 03:40 PM
I have 3 questions

1. at the Tiger release did everyone get scratch off cards?

2. ^^ Did everyone receive the 10% discount along with the scratch cards?

3.If I were to buy an iMac that night with the 10% discount can i get that on top of my education discount?

You can't combine discounts, i.e. the 10% card and the EDU. At least not when Tiger was released....

joeloud
Oct 24, 2007, 02:47 AM
Now I'm wondering, they say the first 500 people there will get a free T-shirt, is that the first 500 that actually buy Leopard, or the first 500 that walk into the store? I ordered online, and because of the issues with not being sure whether MacMall is going to ship it and have it to me on Friday, I'm still teetering with cancelling the order, going to the store, buying it with my student discount and getting the free T-shirt.

Multimedia
Oct 24, 2007, 02:51 AM
Now I'm wondering, they say the first 500 people there will get a free T-shirt, is that the first 500 that actually buy Leopard, or the first 500 that walk into the store? I ordered online, and because of the issues with not being sure whether MacMall is going to ship it and have it to me on Friday, I'm still teetering with cancelling the order, going to the store, buying it with my student discount and getting the free T-shirt.I'll be at the Palo Alto Store by about 2PM with my copy from a nearby college bookstore that I'm getting for $69 before 2PM. That should put me near the front of the queue.

I go to the store for the party social part and get in line even though I am not going to buy it there so I can get inside the store to play with it on one of the Macs inside. I'll have my old G4 PB with me and will be installing it while I'm in the queue from the copy I buy earlier at a college store nearby.

Pretty sure you have to buy a $129 copy to get the T-Shirt.

joeloud
Oct 24, 2007, 03:00 AM
I'll be at the Palo Alto Store by about 2PM with my copy from a nearby college bookstore that I'm getting for $69 before 2PM. That should put me near the front of the queue.
I don't know what you mean here. You're going to the Apple store with a copy of Leopard you already bought? Or do you mean you'll be near the front of the queue of people who will have the item in hand?

Pretty sure you have to buy a $129 copy to get the T-Shirt.
Well it does say on Apple's website that the "first 500 guests" will receive the T-shirt, and says nothing about requiring a purchase. Though, if MacMall doesn't ship it out on Thursday, I'll be cancelling the order with them and going to the store to buy it anyway. And if they do, I would still consider going to the store, and buying it and returning it just for the T-shirt. I'm a geek like that. ;)

Oh, you edited your post to answer mine, so I shall do the same ;)

butterfly0fdoom
Oct 24, 2007, 03:56 AM
If I buy a family pack, can I get 5 shirts (if I have 4 people with me)? We're planning to be in line really early (school being closed kinda leads to intense boredom). UTC's answering message kinda implies they'll open for the Leopard release.

joeloud
Oct 24, 2007, 07:50 AM
If I buy a family pack, can I get 5 shirts (if I have 4 people with me)? We're planning to be in line really early (school being closed kinda leads to intense boredom). UTC's answering message kinda implies they'll open for the Leopard release.
I don't know about the 5 shirt thing, but what's UTC? School? I don't think they'll be giving out the shirts are a school bookstore. Just the Apple Store, AFAIK.

mikey.f
Oct 24, 2007, 11:28 AM
I will be going there right after work, which ends @ 5. Should be able to get to the Mall by 5:30 and have my 30 minutes of standing in line! haha

I personally don't expect too many people there, it's a rather small store (Oklahoma City Penn Square Mall).

But yeah, I also might be wrong.

liverbomb88
Oct 24, 2007, 11:41 AM
UTC = University Town Center = La Jolla mall location of the :apple: store near UCSD.

The UCSD bookstore may remain closed for the Fri release party due to the fires, but it seems like the UTC :apple: store will be open.

Must...survive...the...fires...er, no,...the weekend...without...Leopard!:p

I don't know about the 5 shirt thing, but what's UTC? School? I don't think they'll be giving out the shirts are a school bookstore. Just the Apple Store, AFAIK.

designboy
Oct 26, 2007, 08:20 AM
Wonder if they'll have a line for preordered and a line for new buyers. But I guess the preordered are getting mailed? Anyone bringing a camera or video camera? You could post them on Flickr or YouTube. I thought about that but some people are weird about strangers taking their picture.

sharkdrive
Oct 26, 2007, 08:26 AM
We are now in line waiting for Leopard!!!

check us out: Live on site in Duham, NC Apple store (http://firstinlineforleopard.com/blog/?p=23)

We ARE the first in LINE!