PDA

View Full Version : OKC, OK (Penn Square Mall)

soundman2385
Oct 21, 2007, 03:24 PM
Who is going to go on Friday to get leopard in the OKC area.

badams
Oct 23, 2007, 09:04 AM
I had planned on it, until my hard drive decided to fail yesterday. :mad: So here's hoping that I'll be able to buy it sometime in the near future.

soundman2385
Oct 23, 2007, 09:53 AM
sorry I hope things get better for you, it must have been a sad sad day

Tramjaw
Oct 24, 2007, 01:32 PM
I'm more than likely going to go. I want my t-shirt! My friend is gonna go too but i dont think he'll be getting leopard..

mikey.f
Oct 25, 2007, 12:55 PM
I'm there at 5:30!

Should we have a meeting point, say on the benches or somewhere? :cool:

soundman2385
Oct 25, 2007, 10:32 PM
My friend and I are going in the morning to scout out what's happening, but it might just be right out in front of the store. We are planning on getting there around 4 or so probably.

That-Is-Bull
Oct 26, 2007, 02:43 PM
I'll be there if I can. Is there going to be a line at launch?

That-Is-Bull
Oct 26, 2007, 07:19 PM
Wow. I got there a few minutes before the store opened, counted at least 300 people in front of me and a few hundred more behind me. I expected a line but that was insane. There was one person left in front of me before I could get Leopard and one of the geniuses told him "Sorry, we just ran out." He was joking though. I was about to rip his eyes out of his skull and shove them up his ass so he could watch me kick it.

soundman2385
Oct 26, 2007, 08:41 PM
just got leopard up and running it is amazing how is it working for everyone else :)

mikey.f
Oct 26, 2007, 09:39 PM
Wow I didn't expect so many peoplez up there. But it was cool! They surely have some sense of humor, lol

That-Is-Bull
Oct 26, 2007, 10:00 PM
I'm still backing up my system with SuperDuper, forgot to start it before I left. This is my first time upgrading OS X, kinda nervous.

ThunderLounge
Oct 26, 2007, 10:28 PM
Wow. That many people showed up at Penn?

Nice.

Too bad the store isn't in Crossroads. All the teenies would have had to wait until tomorrow. :D

Ugh... Guess I'll drive in that way tomorrow. I have some other stuff to do anyway.

mikey.f
Oct 26, 2007, 11:04 PM
I really liked they actually asked what size we wanted the tee :cool:

soundman2385
Oct 27, 2007, 01:06 AM
don't be too worried my computer came out just fine during the upgrade. everything was left just the way it was. It was a very painless upgrade but that's a good thing :). Everyone have fun with the your new toy. :apple:

GrimReefer
Oct 27, 2007, 01:14 AM
Would have been there, but.... Had to do the family thing and so far, the last OS is working fine for us. It's about a 2 hour drive for me to Penn, if it were Quail Springs, I might have made the trip.

I was in Penn last weekend just to pick up 2 things. Took about 30 minutes just to get someone to scan so I could pay. So many people in there just to play with stuff with no intentions on buying, and taking up employee's time, makes me mad.

I'm waiting to hear how good the new OS really is. Is it worth buying? I'm still running 2 G4's and don't know if the upgrade will really help me.

ThunderLounge
Oct 27, 2007, 08:21 AM
I thought I read (in one of these threads somewhere) where someone had stuck it on a PowerBook and it was faster then it had been before the upgrade.

I might try it on my wife's iMac G4, just for kicks. I haven't upgraded it at all (it's still on Jaguar) so it might be an interesting time.

Anybody going down to Ft. Worth next weekend? :D