Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Recently bought an Airport Extreme 802.11n. Works great.

Hadn't played Xbox 360 in a while (with Xbox Live).

Got Halo3 yesterday.

Turned on Xbox (Ghost Recon disc was in the tray), automatically logged into Xbox live, ejected Ghost Recon, popped in Halo3, Halo3 said there was an update. Downloaded the update fine (wirelessly), played some single player mode.

About an hour into the game, it froze. Restarted the Xbox, tried to pick up where I left off. The game never saved. GRRR. Guess that's another topic altogether.

I was so frustrated, I decided to just see what demos were available on Live and play something else.

That's when the problems started. Xbox sees my Airport and logs in fine, but fails at the IP Address test.

I rebooted the Airport, the Xbox and my cable modem. Nothing makes it work. I'm stuck. The thing that kills me is that it obviously connected to download the Halo3 update, and this makes me wonder if somehow the update didn't hose the connection.

Any ideas?

Thx.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
I unplugged the Xbox USB wireless adapter and plugged it back in and I can now connect. Hope that helps someone else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.