PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use this keyboard?

Powerbook G5
Sep 4, 2003, 10:11 PM
I've been on this long quest to look for a good ergonomic keyboard for my girlfriend's iMac. She loves them but it's impossible to find a good Mac compatible one. I just ran across this one, but the website doesn't give very much information and I'd like to get more facts before spending $70 online for something that might end up being a dud. Has anyone had any experience with this (http://www.datadesktech.com/desktop_sb_start.html) keyboard? I just want the usual facts such as if it is any good, how does it look, how does it feel, etc. Anything you can tell me will help. I just want to get the best keyboard for the price because my girlfriend is pretty picky and I want to get one that is really nice for her.

MCPeck
Sep 5, 2003, 05:15 AM
I havn't used that one in particular, but I've found that Logitec has nice erg keyboard for Mac.
I use the Cordless Desktop Pro (black ergo) and is fabulous. It supports PC and Mac and has nifty multimedia controls and 2 Command keys.

Check it out! I love it and I'd buy it again.

http://www.logitec.com

aafuss1
Sep 5, 2003, 05:47 AM
I also have a Logitech keyboard ( in my case, their Internet Navigator) on my PC.

TEG
Sep 5, 2003, 09:42 AM
Well, I don't have an ergonomic keyboard now, but I did have a Microsoft Natural Keyboard (The one with regular keys not half keys) and it worked great. The new ones are Mac compatible, and have a USB hub inside. Also I believe that Logitec has a wireless ergo now (I may be wrong), but really, most of the time it will work, even without support or drivers, as long as it has USB. I have friends using Sun USB keyboards with their Macs, and M$ Natural KBs with their Sun Systems, even though neither has support for the other.

TEG

Powerbook G5
Sep 5, 2003, 09:45 AM
I was looking at a Microsoft keyboard, but it didn't say it worked with a Mac so I was cautious. They don't have the Apple/Command and Option keys, though, from what I can see. Would they still work? I also looked at one from Adesso, but for some reason the webpage never seems to work anymore so I cannot go back to order it now.

TEG
Sep 5, 2003, 03:56 PM
On M$ website, they give you instructions for using the USB KBs with a Mac. The Windows keys act at Apple Keys.

Also "this" keyboard under manuals says that they work with Mac, you can get a PS2/USB, ADB/PS2, or ADB/USB versions. I'd say go for it.

TEG

Powerbook G5
Sep 6, 2003, 11:01 AM
Well thanks for the suggestions! Today I am going to go to CompUSA and probably buy one. I'll probably decide between the Logitech and the Microsoft unless there are others that look promising.