Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdl8422

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 5, 2006
Louisiana
Well I was on the adobe site looking at the different apps. I currently use Dreamweaver to do simple HTML CSS sites. The demos look good for contribute. My quesrtion is, what would someone need contribute for that they couldnt use dreamweaver with and vice versa?

jamesarm97

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2006
Dreamweaver is more powerfull. Contribute is more gui for people that don't know html. I would use Dreamweaver to design a site, then setup Contribute on my sister-in-law's computer so she could check out files and make simple changes like update the text and photos, then check them back in.

- James

JeffTL

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2003
I'd say that about the only thing you can't efficiently do with Dreamweaver is photo galleries; those come out a lot better from Lightroom.

Mac In School

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2007
So if I have dreamweaver it would be pointless to buy contribute?

Correct. For your needs, at least. The idea behind Contribute is that you can design a site in Dreamweaver, then let your clients do their own updates without screwing up the overall site look, or other elements you protect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.