Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KipCoon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 23, 2000
ATL
Anyone having issues with Itunes constantly saying their shuffle is corrupt? I got the 2nd gen and this is the second one thats been saying its corrupt, according to iTunes.

Cant see how as its brand new and been formatted. My last one said the same thing so I took it in to an Apple store and replaced it.

KipCoon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 23, 2000
ATL
No one at all has had this happen? :confused:

I have the latest firmware on it and the latest itunes and it still pops up :(

jamesarm97

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2006
I have had a problem with the original stick shuffle where the green / orange light just flashes when you try to use it. I had to plug it in and do a firmware restore. If that does not work there was a download on the apple site that would reset / restore it.

- James

nomar383

macrumors 65816
Jan 29, 2008
Rexburg, ID
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I'm having the exact same issue with my 1GB 2nd Gen shuffle. Brand new and I already tried restoring it. Lemon?

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
Sounds good to me :), just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something stupid.

On a side note, my hackintosh wouldn't start up (not even past the BIOS screen) when the iPod shuffle was connected. I unplug it and boom, no problems. Weird

Sounds to me like a driver issue. I know my mom's computer (Shuttle running XP) won't boot if it has anything in its USB ports.

ny3ranger

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2008
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I'm having the exact same issue with my 1GB 2nd Gen shuffle. Brand new and I already tried restoring it. Lemon?

I am having the issue with the 3rd gen shuffle. 3rd time restoring for the error go go away. I dont know why it keeps happening.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.