PDA

View Full Version : looking to get some new earbuds

IUBall22
Oct 22, 2007, 11:38 PM
under $100....right now im looking at the v moda vibe's. anyone have these? how are they?

xkRoWx
Oct 23, 2007, 12:36 AM
In-ears buds would be the best bet. I got the white one from Sony, weighs almost nothing in my ears and produces a strong bass. A good $80 investment (when it first came out). Panasonic should have some for around $50 now.

If you can dish out extra $30-50, try Bose In-Ear. Bose has a reputation to consider for the price around $120-150, the quality that Bose delivers worth every penny you spend. (that is, if you're really into quality).

PS: My friend had the V Moda, it was really heavy since it was mostly alluminum.

PS2: Those were Canadian pricings, I haven't bought a pair of buds since I got the In-Ear 3 years ago. :/ They might be dirt cheap now (not really dirt cheap, but around 20-40 dollars)

Bobioden
Oct 23, 2007, 01:14 AM
I have and love the Shure SE210's, they can be found on eBay for less than $100.

motulist
Oct 23, 2007, 01:21 AM
If you can dish out extra $30-50, try Bose In-Ear. Bose has a reputation to consider for the price around $120-150, the quality that Bose delivers worth every penny you spend. (that is, if you're really into quality).

Bose has a reputation alright, but it's not for high quality, it's for successfully marketing overpriced inferior goods to suckers.

I don't have any first hand knowledge of their products, I'm just telling you what their reputation is. The only first hand info I can relate about them is that I've spent many years in the upper echelon recording world, and I've seen lots of different brands being used by the people there for their professional and non-professional needs - but I don't remember ever seeing a single piece of Bose gear.

rockthecasbah
Oct 23, 2007, 05:34 AM
Sennheiser CX300's would be a good bet for you. They're between $60-70, are noise reducing, and have deep sound and excellent comfort.

Link. (http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/productdetail.asp?transid=500830)

jbstew32
Oct 23, 2007, 07:41 AM
I've heard the CX300 is decent. I've used the Shure SE210K, which sound very good. They retail for $150, but if you look hard enough you can find them for about $100. Shure also has the e2c which is also pretty good, but noticeably less quality.

Etymotic has a very good line of in-ear headphones as well, that many people prefer to Shure. It's really personal preference I think.

I say read in-depth reviews (ilounge.com is a good start) of the Etymotic ER-6i (~$70), Shure SE210/SE210K (black/white) ($100 at best), e2c ($~70), and CX300 (not sure of price range) and go with whichever you'd prefer for the price/sound quality/extras they throw in.

I listed those prices from memory too, so don't hold me to it if they are wrong! :)

Fortimir
Oct 23, 2007, 11:25 AM
You'll get very polarized responses, but I absolutely LOVE my Bang & Olufsen A8s. You can get them on eBay for about $120.

If you are active, they are the only earbuds I've ever used that don't shift a single millimeter when you are active. They sound good, they look amazing, they are built well, they weight VERY little.