PDA

View Full Version : Arnold Schwarzenegger on The O'Reilly Factor September 10th!

Waluigi
Sep 5, 2003, 02:12 PM
For all interested:

Leading candidate to replace Governor Gray Davis in the California recall election held on October 7th, Arnold Schwarzenegger, will be appearing on the number one rated cable news program in the world, The O'Reilly Factor. It will air on Wednesday September 10th, 2003 at 8PM east coast time on the Fox News Channel. This will be the most revealing, and in depth interview to date of Arnold Schwarzenegger, and everyone should watch it.

--Waluigi

zimv20
Sep 5, 2003, 02:17 PM
did you get paid to write that? :-)

mactastic
Sep 5, 2003, 02:20 PM
Come on Waluigi 'fess up... Do you work for O'Reilly?

Waluigi
Sep 5, 2003, 02:24 PM
Hahaha, I wish I worked for him! Seriously it does sound like a very cheasy plug. If you don't see it live, I'm sure there will be clips of it being reaired all over the news. I'm very excited for the interview, and wanted to tell everyone about it.

--Waluigi

IJ Reilly
Sep 5, 2003, 03:15 PM
Schwarzenegger isn't the "leading candidate" to replace Gray Davis, Bustamante is.

shadowfax
Sep 5, 2003, 03:43 PM
well, leading candidate or not, i think this will be a warm, splendid election for the man.

mactastic
Sep 5, 2003, 03:52 PM
I'm sure it will be warm, the weather is almost always stellar here in the fall. Splendid I don't know about...

shadowfax
Sep 5, 2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by mactastic
I'm sure it will be warm, the weather is almost always stellar here in the fall. Splendid I don't know about... actually, "warm, splendid election" is just a classic typo that one of my friends made when he was quoting fabio... we've since used it to refer to farcicle elections like the bush gore thing, and this certainly fits the bill.

mactastic
Sep 5, 2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by shadowfax
actually, "warm, splendid election" is just a classic typo that one of my friends made when he was quoting fabio... we've since used it to refer to farcicle elections like the bush gore thing, and this certainly fits the bill.

Oh man, I don't think I even want to know what the original phrase was...

Waluigi
Sep 5, 2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by IJ Reilly
Schwarzenegger isn't the "leading candidate" to replace Gray Davis, Bustamante is.

Actually, in the most recent polls, Arnold has taken a big lead over Bustamante.

--Waluigi

RobVanDam
Sep 5, 2003, 04:36 PM
$50 Arnold gets a copy of all questions before the show and is allowed to omit ones he doesn't like.

mactastic
Sep 5, 2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Waluigi
Actually, in the most recent polls, Arnold has taken a big lead over Bustamante.

--Waluigi

I wouldn't put too much stock in any one poll at this point.
The Public Policy Institute of California poll shows Arnold Schwarzenegger is ahead. The Los Angeles Times poll shows it's Cruz Bustamante. A Field Poll finds the race essentially a dead heat. Two of the polls show the recall to oust Gov. Gray Davis passing by strong margins. One shows it mustering just half the vote.
Link (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2003/08/27/MN301418.DTL)

RobVanDam
Sep 5, 2003, 04:44 PM
One should never put that much faith into pre-election polls.

Only one poll matters, and that's the last one.

shadowfax
Sep 5, 2003, 04:55 PM
Dewey Defeats Truman!

mactastic
Sep 5, 2003, 04:57 PM
Bush Wins!
No wait, Gore Wins!
No, wrong again, Bush Wins!
Wait... we're not sure who won...

Waluigi
Sep 8, 2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by RobVanDam
One should never put that much faith into pre-election polls.

Only one poll matters, and that's the last one.

Very very true. It's kind of like rumors about what Apple will do next? We can guess look at leaked info, theorize, but in the end, it only matters what apple announces (or doesn't...).

--Waluigi

michaello
Sep 9, 2003, 12:24 AM
"This will be the most revealing, and in depth interview to date of Arnold Schwarzenegger"

Until he does "Inside the Actor's Studio" with James Lipton.

Mason
Sep 9, 2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by michaello
"This will be the most revealing, and in depth interview to date of Arnold Schwarzenegger"

Until he does "Inside the Actor's Studio" with James Lipton.

More revealing than the Oui interview? I hope the censors are ready.

michaello
Sep 9, 2003, 01:00 AM
Maybe the interview will go something like this:

Bill O'Reilly: So, Arnold, what do you think of the sissy country of Germany not giving the United States all the money and troops it wants?!

Arnold: Well, I -

Bill O'Reilly: Shut up!!

Arnold: What? I was -

Bill O'Reilly: Shut up, I said!! Shut up!!

Arnold: Don't tell me to shut up, I will crush your head like an orange.

Bill O'Reilly: Crush my head?! I'm the most popular talk show host in cable history!! I'm Bill O'Reilly, the author of books, the winner of awards!! I won three Oscars, fifteen Emmys, two Nobel Peace Prizes and two New York Marathons, you muscle-bound, steroid- chomping, Germany-loving ---

(Arnold crushes Bill O'Reilly's head like an orange.)

Arnold: Ooops. Sorry. Can we clean this up and bring out another talk show host? I wasn't through with my interview.

mactastic
Sep 9, 2003, 10:17 AM
Hehe... thanks for the laugh michaello. That was pretty funny.

Waluigi
Sep 9, 2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by michaello
Maybe the interview will go something like this:

Bill O'Reilly: So, Arnold, what do you think of the sissy country of Germany not giving the United States all the money and troops it wants?!

Arnold: Well, I -

Bill O'Reilly: Shut up!!

Arnold: What? I was -

Bill O'Reilly: Shut up, I said!! Shut up!!

Arnold: Don't tell me to shut up, I will crush your head like an orange.

Bill O'Reilly: Crush my head?! I'm the most popular talk show host in cable history!! I'm Bill O'Reilly, the author of books, the winner of awards!! I won three Oscars, fifteen Emmys, two Nobel Peace Prizes and two New York Marathons, you muscle-bound, steroid- chomping, Germany-loving ---

(Arnold crushes Bill O'Reilly's head like an orange.)

Arnold: Ooops. Sorry. Can we clean this up and bring out another talk show host? I wasn't through with my interview.

Wow, how ignorant. First, Arnold is not from Germany. Second, Arnold doesn't (no matter how funny it is) talk like the mouth over of himself on Conan O'Brien. Second, Bill O'Reilly doesn't do that! He lost his cool twice (Franken, and Glick), but the other thousand interviews, he has done, he doesn't lose his cool. He never brags about himself in a middle of a debate! Now, what is funny, is the impersination they do of him on MAD TV, because it is so close to the truth (in terms of the impersinator talking like bill does 99% of the time).

Grow up.

--Waluigi

mactastic
Sep 9, 2003, 10:38 AM
Wow, how ignorant. First, Arnold is not from Germany. Second, Arnold doesn't (no matter how funny it is) talk like the mouth over of himself on Conan O'Brien. Second, Bill O'Reilly doesn't do that! He lost his cool twice (Franken, and Glick), but the other thousand interviews, he has done, he doesn't lose his cool. He never brags about himself in a middle of a debate! Now, what is funny, is the impersination they do of him on MAD TV, because it is so close to the truth (in terms of the impersinator talking like bill does 99% of the time).

Grow up.

--Waluigi

Dude, it's satire! I don't think he was implying Arnold was from Germany either. You just can't take it when anyone pokes fun at your hero. And it was damn funny!

You grow up.

Waluigi
Sep 9, 2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by mactastic
Dude, it's satire! I don't think he was implying Arnold was from Germany either. You just can't take it when anyone pokes fun at your hero. And it was damn funny!

You grow up.

I just said I found MAD TV's satire on Bill O'Reily very very funny. This just didn't make me laugh becasue it didn't really mimic the Bill O'Reilly we see 99% of the time. Write some better satiracle material, and I will laugh! For example, I generally like Al Gore, I think Darrel Hammond's impression of him with the 'lock box' was out of this world funny, but when someone just says 'Al Gore sucks', it just isn't funny. You see, as you grow up, you aquire a taste for satire, and the stupid baseless insults just don't do it anymore.

--Waluigi

mactastic
Sep 9, 2003, 10:54 AM
...as you grow up...

Nice touch, thanks. I'm glad to have someone so much more mature and informed than I am put me in my place. Just like BO'R would do!:rolleyes:

shadowfax
Sep 9, 2003, 01:10 PM
sheesh, kids, stop telling each other to grow up. i thought you both were adults till i read that.

now i just feel so damn good about myself... heh heh....

Waluigi
Sep 11, 2003, 04:40 PM
I saw the interview last night. You can see it on FoxNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/oreilly). They have the video of the whole interview in realplayer or windows media player format. Enjoy.

--Waluigi