Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jstad

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2007
When does the NDA officially end for those who have legit access to the beta? I have questions about XCODE 3 (particularly the new Interface portion) and wanted to know when its ok to ask? ;)

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
I'm certain the NDA for Xcode 3 and Leopard has expired. I hope it's not necessary to cite a paragraph in the NDA for this.

As to the Xcode 6 NDA, my first thought is, "Look in the Legal Agreements for your developer account." One should be able to find the text of those Agreements by signing into one's developer account, going to "Your Account", and looking under the "Legal Agreements" topic on the left.

I would start with the most recent agreements. Look at any section whose heading contains the words "confidential" and/or "pre-release".

I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of an entire numbered section titled "Confidentiality". There may or may not be a PDF, that may or may not download, when possibly clicking on whatever might show up under "Legal Agreements". YMMV.

AppleP59

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2014
I'm certain the NDA for Xcode 3 and Leopard has expired. I hope it's not necessary to cite a paragraph in the NDA for this.

As to the Xcode 6 NDA, my first thought is, "Look in the Legal Agreements for your developer account." One should be able to find the text of those Agreements by signing into one's developer account, going to "Your Account", and looking under the "Legal Agreements" topic on the left.

I would start with the most recent agreements. Look at any section whose heading contains the words "confidential" and/or "pre-release".

I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of an entire numbered section titled "Confidentiality". There may or may not be a PDF, that may or may not download, when possibly clicking on whatever might show up under "Legal Agreements". YMMV.

Great, and if you were to put a date to that?

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
Great, and if you were to put a date to that?

Are you unable to access the Legal Agreements section of your own account?

To randomly guess without reading anything else, I'd guess "Not before Apple's public non-beta release". But this is just a random guess based on past experience. You should read your Legal Agreements to be certain, because IANAL.

awair

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2011
To save this thread being resurrected in 2021...

Under UK law, an NDA without a specified termination might not be enforceable. A good NDA will have an appropriate end date, that is readily determined. There may be parts to the NDA that remain perpetual. This may vary in other parts of the world.

As previously posted, you should check your specific agreement only, unless it refers to another Master Document.

If in doubt, contact your lawyer...

Or to quote what I've always been told: "it's really up to the courts to decide."

Also, IANAL.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.