Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M3G4

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2007
Kent, UK
Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a product that can beat or is equal to the iPod Hi-Fi in terms of power, sound quality and portability? It's getting extremely difficult to source an iPod Hi-Fi in the UK so my sources are kind of running dry and I'm now looking for a fall back plan (this is a christmas present). However, the fallback needs to be just as good as the iPod Hi-Fi.

Any suggestions guys?

mojohanna

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
Cleveland
I have an Altec Lansing iM7. I have to say it is absolutely fabulous. Great sound excellent portability. The only thing is that a touch will not fit in it.

I have not kept up with what model numbers are now current, so the iM7 may not be the latest and greatest that Altec Lansing has to offer, but it is a quality, portable sound system that has given me two good years of excellent service.

michaelverdin

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2007
If you are looking for something a cut above your average Logitech/Altec/Jamo/Bose iPod speakers, I would recommend either the B & W Zeppelin or the Tannoy i30. Both look amazing, and having bought a Zeppelin to replace my sisters iPod Hi-Fi I can tell you the sound is mind blowing, it does help if your entire iTunes library is encoded in Apple Lossless though.
I know John Lewis have the i30 @ £249. In regards to the Zeppelin, it hasn't been released in the U.K yet (I had mine imported) but is due out for release Q4, the apple U.S store is selling them if you want to see what it looks like.

Cheers,

James

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.