Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spook E

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2007
Why was it deleted?

Anyway, has anyone one got the mail.app working with bigpond? Is it possible?

AppleMatt389

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2007
Australia
well of you go, post away.

Restart of the famous ''Australia and the iPod touch'' thread by :apple:Matt. because it was killed by the mods

Firstly, I just wanna warn you guys, let's try keep activity in this thread to a minimum because apparently we were annoying other members with constant chatter. Another thing, let's make sure we post on-topic information.

Also, thanks Edward (I think I'm right with the name) for the recognition and for starting something similar again. Can't believe they "wastelanded" my thread. I also copped a 3 day ban for posting off-topic in it. Anyone else here get that? Lucky you named the thread "other Aussie stuff" otherwise we'd be completely restricted to just iPod talk and the be banned again.

Having said all that, how many iPod touches have you guys seen in the wild? So far I've only seen one other person with one. It feels like when iPods first started getting big and only a select few had them, and now everyone does. I feel the same will happen with the touch. Soon everyone will have a variation of the touch iPod concept (assuming Apple releases more touch models).

Lastly, Rudd's a moron :)

:apple:Matt

AppleMatt389

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2007
Australia
Why was it deleted?

Anyway, has anyone one got the mail.app working with bigpond? Is it possible?

I'm sure you can get it working. When setting up a new mail account just choose "POP" and then input all the relevant addresses. Like, pop.bigpond.com and smtp.bigpond.com. It should take the same settings as your mail application on your computer. If not, give BigPond a call. Cause theres never a long wait to get through :rolleyes:.

Dublo7

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2007
Perth, Australia.
I haven't seen any Touches in Perth wild yet. I seem to have the only one ;)

Last week, JB Hifi Hay Street had about 15 16GB Touches, and this week they were all gone.

nlivo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2007
Ballarat, Australia
Firstly, I just wanna warn you guys, let's try keep activity in this thread to a minimum because apparently we were annoying other members with constant chatter. Another thing, let's make sure we post on-topic information.

Also, thanks Edward (I think I'm right with the name) for the recognition and for starting something similar again. Can't believe they "wastelanded" my thread. I also copped a 3 day ban for posting off-topic in it. Anyone else here get that? Lucky you named the thread "other Aussie stuff" otherwise we'd be completely restricted to just iPod talk and the be banned again.

Having said all that, how many iPod touches have you guys seen in the wild? So far I've only seen one other person with one. It feels like when iPods first started getting big and only a select few had them, and now everyone does. I feel the same will happen with the touch. Soon everyone will have a variation of the touch iPod concept (assuming Apple releases more touch models).

Lastly, Rudd's a moron :)

I got banned aswell. This is my first post since I was banned. And yeah I love my iPod touch. I am thinking about starting a thread about this.....whenever I send an email from my touch in the mail app it sends but I also receive the same email from myself. Its like every emal I send I am an added receipient. Anyone else have this problem?

AppleMatt389

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2007
Australia
I got banned aswell. This is my first post since I was banned. And yeah I love my iPod touch. I am thinking about starting a thread about this.....whenever I send an email from my touch in the mail app it sends but I also receive the same email from myself. Its like every emal I send I am an added receipient. Anyone else have this problem?

Yeah, I thought I was the only one that this happened to (in reference to the mail problem). I even tried turning of the "always bcc an email to myself" but it's already off. I think it may be a glitch on the system.

iCantwait

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
same problem here with mail, cant seem to get NES working, i will scout around for some info to get the roms working or whatever, but u can help me out her if you would like

back to the 10gb ipod posts (yes mods this is allowed (iHope))

got a battery, bigger than original. ipod itself is not too happy, i think it needs a charge and i'm getting all those crazy not happy signs

START RATING THIS THREAD

iCantwait

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
i have worked out the problem, the new battery is too thich and when the case is putback onto the ipod it pushes the battery down on to the HDD, making the HDD unable to spin. BUGGER

it works when the back plate it removed

garry12

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2007
im yet to see anyone with an ipod touch
i also think the worm was really biased, it seems to me that the current affairs shows are taking Rudd's side
I for one prefer Howard :D

iCantwait

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
the worm, lol. my ipt has been taken off me due to going over the download limit, but this time i have my airport card, DO NOT start the downloading thing again.

now onto politics. the worm was in favor of rudd because why would a liberal supporter watch it anywhere other than the ABC? WOOT Costello late 2009/early 2010. he came to our school, i like him, and he is a VICTORIAN:):):):):):):):):):):D

AppleMatt389

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2007
Australia
the worm, lol. my ipt has been taken off me due to going over the download limit, but this time i have my airport card, DO NOT start the downloading thing again.

now onto politics. the worm was in favor of rudd because why would a liberal supporter watch it anywhere other than the ABC? WOOT Costello late 2009/early 2010. he came to our school, i like him, and he is a VICTORIAN:):):):):):):):):):):D

Hahah, are you implying that Liberal (ie. right wingers) watch the ABC? It's the other way around.

Genghis Khan

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
I got banned as well!

although it was probably officially my fault for derailing the topic:rolleyes:

ah well, we're back...leopard is coming, despite my lack of hard drive for time machine until saturday

meanwhile...chaser's are taking up about 4 GB on my touch (anyone else like that song from last week:p)

and i've finally scratched my screen...keys, pins, knives didn't work...but falling asleep on top of it apparently does YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WARNED

good to be back guys:)

jacktiernan

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2007
Vic, Australia
Man, I'm SOOOOO pissed that the original oz forum got wastelanded.

Also mad you guys got a 3day ban... maybe i did too..... i was away for like 5 days so i wouldnt have noticed :p

Also - Genghis - SCRATCHES NOOOOOOOOOOO

Oh yeah... KEVIN '07!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, roughly kinda on topic here - what w'less routers do you guys have, and how do they perform? I'm in the market for a new one.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.