Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lucky3killer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2007
I just curious about Macbook with Intel GMA 950, plus I'm think about get black one in later and already owned iMac with ATI Radeon 2400 HD XT.

Does mac version of The Sims 2 is running on Macbook? including wth all expansion packs then how is well to play?

zen

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2003
I think the answer is no, it doesn't run at all. I seem to recall I tried it and Civ IV (and I know Civ IV didn't run).

lucky3killer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 24, 2007
According on Apple store website, The Sims 2 is playable on Intel GMA 950 when expansion pack was after Season to support GMA 950, it's on requirement system.

I had tried to played the sims 2 on windows (non-mac, HP based) with GMA 950 and they are playable, just runs so well but I'm not sure about mac version on macbook.

Apple did added The Sims 2 Season to suggested game for mini mac, they use same graphic as macbook does.

Edit, I need anyone who own macbook and had test with this game to answer here.

lancestraz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2005
RI
lucky said:
3Edit, I need anyone who own macbook and had test with this game to answer here.
I do. All I get is a black screen when I try to run it. However, it runs OK under Boot Camp.

Edit: It seems some people have has better luck than me.

HOSKINGJ

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2006
I've run Sims 2 on my Macbook, as in it installed and started playing etc. However, it was rubbish. As in really poor performance.

A no-go I'm afraid :(

Georgyyy

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2007
bit of a late reply but I have the sims 2 on my macbook and it runs fine. It's performance isn't as great as windows (sometimes their clothes and faces go a bit blurry) but I honestly think it's playable and the load time is nothing.
I don't have any of the expansion packs though, dunno if that would slow it down a lot...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.