PDA

View Full Version : Mac OS X Leopard DVD Photos and Shipping Status

Pages : [1] 2

MacRumors
Oct 24, 2007, 01:47 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)

Some retailers have already received their shipments of Mac OS X Leopard. HardMac publishes (http://www.hardmac.com/news/2007-10-24/#7373) photos of the Mac OS X Leopard Retail installation DVD:

http://images.macrumors.com/article/2007/10/24/Leo_300.jpg

Aside from reports of Mac OS X Leopard leaking, it appears that some have obtained legitimate copies of Apple's latest Mac OS X operating system. Several customers are reporting that their Leopard orders have been "prepared for shipment" with a few reports that it has already shipped for some.

Discuss Leopard in our Mac OS X forums (http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69) and join other MacRumors readers who are organizing meetups (http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=114) in their local regions.

Article Link (http://www.macrumors.com/2007/10/24/mac-os-x-leopard-dvd-photos-and-shipping-status/)

vassillios
Oct 24, 2007, 01:50 PM
Nice packaging!

lazyrighteye
Oct 24, 2007, 01:51 PM
Looks fancy...

atari1356
Oct 24, 2007, 01:51 PM
For whatever reason, Amazon shows they'll ship mine on the 27th - with an estimated delivery date of Oct 30 - Nov 1. :o

Oh well... patience. :)

j-a-x
Oct 24, 2007, 01:52 PM
So who's copies have shipped? Have they shipped in a certain geographic area or... ?

megfilmworks
Oct 24, 2007, 01:52 PM
For whatever reason, Amazon shows they'll ship mine on the 27th - with an estimated delivery date of Oct 30 - Nov 1. :o

Oh well... patience. :)Only Apple has the delivery date of the 26th.
Hoping I'll get an early copy tomorrow!!

DoreanGrae
Oct 24, 2007, 01:53 PM
Sweet. Friday can't come soon enough!

(and neither can that package from "AI"!)

syklee26
Oct 24, 2007, 01:53 PM
looks fake to me...:apple:

jahsavi
Oct 24, 2007, 01:55 PM
No more sleeves, YES!

Peace
Oct 24, 2007, 01:55 PM
Looks like the same type packaging used for iWork and iLife.

megfilmworks
Oct 24, 2007, 01:56 PM
My Apple order still says, "prepared for shipping" :(
Waiting for the "shipped"!

WillGonz
Oct 24, 2007, 01:58 PM
Mine says Ships by: DELIVERS ON OCTOBER 26TH
I don't know if that means they will send it so it arrives on Oct. 26th or they won't send until Oct. 26th. I did do overnight, but I won't get it until Monday.

Telp
Oct 24, 2007, 02:00 PM
last I checked mine still said prepared for shipment. It would be trully off thehook if mine came tomorrow (I havent checked yet today) super psyched!!!

Drumjim85

i guess you saved $20 on "slower shipping" ....

miketcool
I haven't received mine yet, I think I ordered the wrong thing because this guy showed up instead. At least they got the print and color right...

http://www.starcostumes.com/prodimages/FW1108VEL.jpg

xenotaku
Oct 24, 2007, 02:02 PM
My order from Apple still says "not yet shipped" :(

are up-to-date orders shipped out last?

Lesser Evets
Oct 24, 2007, 02:04 PM
looks fake to me...:apple:

Needs more elevator.

sportsnut
Oct 24, 2007, 02:05 PM
[QUOTE=miketcool]I haven't received mine yet, I think I ordered the wrong thing because this guy showed up instead. At least they got the print and color right...

LOL post of the day :D

IEatApples
Oct 24, 2007, 02:05 PM
Mine has shipped! And I'm in Norway! :)

This is what it says:

"Shipped 24 Oct 2007"

"Estimated Delivery Date: 25 Oct 2007 (Subject to change)"

spishack
Oct 24, 2007, 02:07 PM
If you're in the US, you'll notice it says standard overnight. That means they'll ship it tomorrow.

pdjudd
Oct 24, 2007, 02:08 PM
last I checked mine still said prepared for shipment. It would be trully off thehook if mine came tomorrow (I havent checked yet today) super psyched!!!
Same with mine

I am hoping that it ships soon so that I can pre sign for it so that they drop it off on Friday at the latest (I live alone and at work all day)

brewser
Oct 24, 2007, 02:09 PM
I think they are going to ship tomorrow and overnight to everyone that pre-ordered. We all could get them early morning on Friday, even before people can buy them at the apple store. I am sure they worked out a deal with Fedex or UPS to handle a million overnight packages.

BananaEater
Oct 24, 2007, 02:10 PM
I got the email about shipment notification last night, but UPS has only recieved the billing information, they haven´t picked up the cat yet..

Hopefully I´ll have it by friday, but I won´t bet my kidney on it :(

btw I´m in Norway

edit: etd just changed from 31st to the 25th (?!) when tracking from the apple store site. aaahhhh my nerves!!

DaveSM
Prepared for shipment here :)

Shipping Method
Priority Overnite

I didn't knew Apple was using priority overnite for free shipping :)

DeaconGraves
If you're in the US, you'll notice it says standard overnight. That means they'll ship it tomorrow.

Mine says priority overnight actually.

Which probably means they'll ship it at 11 PM tomorrow night just to stress me out more. :p

Standing Amazed
Oct 24, 2007, 02:12 PM
Mines shown as "Prepared for Shipment".

As I live in New Zealand, which is 20 hours ahead of US Pacific time, it'll still be Thursday in the US when I get it! :)

equis.zero
Oct 24, 2007, 02:12 PM
Mine shipped earlier today, and tracking says it will be delivered tomorrow. Hopefully that's true, I can't wait to use Leopard.

Peace
Oct 24, 2007, 02:15 PM

Shipping Method
Priority Overnite

When a new version of OSX comes out that's how Apple ships all orders.

alcides11
Oct 24, 2007, 02:15 PM
Mine also states Ships by: DELIVERS ON OCTOBER 26TH which I assume means that I will receive it on Friday if not sooner! (Hopeful)

Also what is very cool is that even though I ordered it with Standard shipping mine now states "Priority Overnite". Hmmm they misspelled overnight oh well. Come on tomorrow!!! :D

My bad Peace did not see your quote. :o

vassillios
Oct 24, 2007, 02:23 PM
Mine also states Ships by: DELIVERS ON OCTOBER 26TH which I assume means that I will receive it on Friday if not sooner! (Hopeful)

Also what is very cool is that even though I ordered it with Standard shipping mine now states "Priority Overnite". Hmmm they misspelled overnight oh well. Come on tomorrow!!! :D

My bad Peace did not see your quote. :o

That's because "Standard" shipping for this item is "Priority Overnite"

When placing the pre order, you had the option of choosing Overnite for a fee...I wonder if you were charged for it if selecting this option?

MrMoore
Oct 24, 2007, 02:27 PM
Darn...

When is mine shipping.

Oh wait. I'm going to the Apple Store. That's why.

Silly me :rolleyes:

Sorry I felt left out of the shipping posts ;)

mondesi43
Oct 24, 2007, 02:28 PM

I've got you beat through amazon....
Estimated ship date: 11/5
Estimated delivery date: 11/12-11/16

I might buy in :apple:store then return the unopened one from amazon when it arrives after x-mas.....:rolleyes:

NATO
Oct 24, 2007, 02:28 PM
I notice it says 'Designed and engineered by Apple in California'. When has Apple started adding the engineering bit to its products? I'm sure I've only seen 'Designed by Apple in California' on all my previous Apple products.

Although to be pedantic, especially given the things Apple makes, engineering is design so it's a bit redundant to say it's been designed AND engineered by Apple :P

alcides11
Oct 24, 2007, 02:29 PM
That's because "Standard" shipping for this item is "Priority Overnite"

When placing the pre order, you had the option of choosing Overnite for a fee...I wonder if you were charged for it if selecting this option?

As you can see I am only paying for OS X and then tax.

MAC OS X 10.5 RETAIL-INT MB021Z/A $107.10

Ships by: DELIVERS ON OCTOBER 26TH

SubTotal: $107.10
Tax: $7.50
Shipping Charge: $0.00
Total: $114.60

Yeah corporate discount on OS X $107.10 not a bad price.

Simon1966
Oct 24, 2007, 02:33 PM
I'm in the UK and mine says prepared for shipment but it says shipped by the 26th:mad:

I guess i have to wait and see if it ships earlier.

Simon

Cloudsurfer
Oct 24, 2007, 02:34 PM
Am I right to conclude that the box has a matte finish and the X has a glossy finish?

jkanter2587
Oct 24, 2007, 02:35 PM
Even though it says "single-residence", I can still just give one of my license codes to anyone, right?

carrjar
Oct 24, 2007, 02:37 PM
I haven't received mine yet, I think I ordered the wrong thing because this guy showed up instead. At least they got the print and color right...

That's awesome. Made my day.

psxndc
Oct 24, 2007, 02:37 PM

f that, man, Amazon says they are shipping mine on Nov. 1, estimated arrival on Nov. 8th. Called and they said because it is super saver, they take extra time to pack and process and they don't do any of that on Saturdays and Sundays (the 27th and 28th) so it won't even leave Amazon's hands until the following week . :-(

Sad panda.

rbroady
Oct 24, 2007, 02:40 PM
i rolled by the soho store while doing some things yesterday,

there was a line around the corner.

im guessing(hoping) it was not leopard related, that would be lame

especially since thats where ill be friday.

primalman
Oct 24, 2007, 02:41 PM
Even though it says "single-residence", I can still just give one of my license codes to anyone, right?

Nope, from the Apple Store page on OS X:

* The Family Pack Software License Agreement allows you to install and use one copy of the Apple software on up to a maximum of five (5) Apple-labeled computers at a time as long as those computers are located in the same household and used by persons who occupy that household. By “household” we mean a person or persons who share the same housing unit such as a home, apartment, mobile home, or condominium, including student members who are primary residents of that household but reside at a separate on-campus location. This license does not extend to business or commercial users.

crackermac
Oct 24, 2007, 02:46 PM
I have to wait until Monday to pick mine up, but fortunately it's only $69. :)

jkanter2587
Oct 24, 2007, 02:49 PM
Nope, from the Apple Store page on OS X:

By “household” we mean a person or persons who share the same housing unit such as a home, apartment, mobile home, or condominium, including student members who are primary residents of that household but reside at a separate on-campus location. This license does not extend to business or commercial users.

But what's to stop me from just giving it to anyone? I dont think my OS knows my address, does it? Just the apple store, i guess.

LupoLupiana
Oct 24, 2007, 02:49 PM
Here in Ireland....

Prepared for Shipment
Ships by: October 26th

Cant wait til this day comes guys...leopard will rule...blow vista out of the water !!! :)

Farani
Oct 24, 2007, 02:51 PM
I'm an up-to-date person and my order is still "Not yet shipped" "Ships by: OCTOBER 26TH" so I'm guessing that us up-to-date folk will be the last to receive.

andrewjnyc
Oct 24, 2007, 02:52 PM
I purchased a 20" iMac on Saturday and filled out the online form for the "free" (ie, $10) copy of Leopard, and my order says "ships *by* Oct 26" with "standard" shipping (I was never given the priority overnight option). Are owners of new Macs being pushed to the back of the line in favor of those who pay full price for the OS update?

primalman
Oct 24, 2007, 02:52 PM
But what's to stop me from just giving it to anyone? I dont think my OS knows my address, does it? Just the apple store, i guess.

Integrity?:D

a bit of sarcasm here, but it is good to follow the rules so we don't get draconian activation crap like Microsoft has!

maestrokev
Oct 24, 2007, 02:54 PM
Integrity?:D

Hehe, good reply, obviously integrity is even less common than commonsense. I say bring on the Microsoft Activation and eliminate education discounts, that'll stop all these "everybody owes me" self-entitlement posts.

Quicksilver867
Oct 24, 2007, 02:55 PM
Yep, mine says "Prepared for Shipment"... I hope it at least comes tomorrow. Does anyone know what the delivery time window is for "Priority Overnite" shipping?

Farani
Oct 24, 2007, 03:00 PM
I purchased a 20" iMac on Saturday and filled out the online form for the "free" (ie, $10) copy of Leopard, and my order says "ships *by* Oct 26" with "standard" shipping (I was never given the priority overnight option). Are owners of new Macs being pushed to the back of the line in favor of those who pay full price for the OS update?

I believe we are. I expected it to happen, though. Too bad they didn't just treat all orders the same or let us overnight it.

Is it possible to purchase the up-to-date Leopard in the store?

ortuno2k
Oct 24, 2007, 03:01 PM
Mine says Ships by: DELIVERS ON OCTOBER 26TH
I don't know if that means they will send it so it arrives on Oct. 26th or they won't send until Oct. 26th. I did do overnight, but I won't get it until Monday.

Mine's the same. I hope it ships tomorrow next day or something. I think that's what they'll do.
I chose standard shipping.

matticus008
Oct 24, 2007, 03:01 PM
I notice it says 'Designed and engineered by Apple in California'. When has Apple started adding the engineering bit to its products? I'm sure I've only seen 'Designed by Apple in California' on all my previous Apple products.
Hardware products still say "Designed in California." This is just a software thing.
Although to be pedantic, especially given the things Apple makes, engineering is design so it's a bit redundant to say it's been designed AND engineered by Apple :P
Actually, software design and software engineering are two different things, if you really want to be pedantic. The UI guys are not software engineers, nor are the people like Jobs who just dictate what things are going to do. It's sort of like Bill Gates was chief "architect" or whatever, though had exactly nothing to do with the actual programming/engineering of the software.
Hehe, good reply, obviously integrity is even less common than commonsense. I say bring on the Microsoft Activation and eliminate education discounts, that'll stop all these "everybody owes me" self-entitlement posts.
And bring on a whole slew of "I'm just going to steal it if they're going to treat their loyal customers this way" (even though by "loyal" many actually mean "getting away with whatever they can without being caught") posts. The instant gratification and self-entitlement crowd knows no bounds.

oogje
Oct 24, 2007, 03:05 PM

Of course it does. It also sees you when you're sleeping and knows when you're awake. It knows when you've been bad or good. So be good for goodness sake!

MattG
Oct 24, 2007, 03:11 PM
Yep, mine says "Prepared for Shipment"... I hope it at least comes tomorrow. Does anyone know what the delivery time window is for "Priority Overnite" shipping?

According to FedEx:
Next-business-day delivery by 10:30 a.m. to most U.S. addresses; by noon, 4:30 p.m. or 5 p.m. in remote areas; by noon or 1:30 p.m. on Saturdays.

Mine says Priority Overnight -- delivered on the 26th. It'd be way cool if it shipped today but I doubt it. I ordered only a few days ago.

InLikeALion
Oct 24, 2007, 03:15 PM
Of course it does. It also sees you when you're sleeping and knows when you're awake. It knows when you've been bad or good. So be good for goodness sake!

Made me smirk and smile and fill with joy! :);)

primalman
Oct 24, 2007, 03:16 PM

:)

I love it!

BulkHedd
Oct 24, 2007, 03:19 PM
:( I ordered mine from Amazon on 10/19 and it says it's estimated to ship on 10/31 for delivery on 11/2 - 11/3. Oh well, I have some RAM on order that I want to install before Leopard anyway.

mustang_dvs
Oct 24, 2007, 03:19 PM
I'm curious if Server is being treated in the same manner as Client -- I only had one shipping option. Not that I'm installing it on a production machine until at least 10.5.1...

GNU is Not Unix
Oct 24, 2007, 03:20 PM
Any word on whether the shipping is 'snappier' in Leopard?

MatthewStorm
Oct 24, 2007, 03:21 PM
Just a little FYI, FedEx is under strict orders from Apple to deliver your new OS starting at 6pm. Not before. Just like when they released Tiger.

Chupa Chupa
Oct 24, 2007, 03:26 PM
Just a little FYI, FedEx is under strict orders from Apple to deliver your new OS starting at 6pm. Not before. Just like when they released Tiger.

Ha. Ha. Tiger was delivered to me before noon on launch day. I know others who got it a whole day before launch. FedEx stops delivering around 6pm BTW. In the US at least most people will get their copy before 3pm, launch day, and sooner if it really does go out "priority," and not "standard."

psychofreak
Oct 24, 2007, 03:28 PM
My uptodate disk is "Still Not Shipped"...damn!

Kelleheretic
Oct 24, 2007, 03:29 PM
That is simply not true, MatthewStorm, nor was that the case with Tiger.

MatthewStorm
Oct 24, 2007, 03:29 PM
Ha. Ha. Tiger was delivered to me before noon on launch day. I know others who got it a whole day before launch. FedEx stops delivering around 6pm BTW. In the US at least most people will get their copy before 3pm, launch day, and sooner if it really does go out "priority," and not "standard."

I received Tiger at 6:15pm from FedEx. They normally work until 6pm, but not when Apple releases a new OS. And mistakes do happen.

majordude
Oct 24, 2007, 03:30 PM

Now THAT'S funny! :D

That makes no sense as most offices are closed by that time (so FedEx would have to deliver again on Monday).

MatthewStorm
Oct 24, 2007, 03:30 PM
That is simply not true, MatthewStorm, nor was that the case with Tiger.

Yes, it actually is true.

Nerdowl
Oct 24, 2007, 03:31 PM
Mine's prepared for shipment. Has had that status since at least around midday today (UK Time). :)

Anyone know who they're using to deliver them in the UK? I hope it's not UPS I had problems with them last time...

Aeolius
Oct 24, 2007, 03:33 PM
So, when I go to my local CompUSA on Friday for my Penryn Based Mac Pro, I'll save $208 by getting iLife '08 and Leopard thrown in the box... AND get a free t-shirt?!? ;)

morespce54
Oct 24, 2007, 03:33 PM
OMG... Can't we be Friday already? ;)

BTW, what's up with Amazon :confused:
(I know a good deal is a good deal but still... They managed to be mentioned on page 1 of MR a few times already...)

acslater017
Oct 24, 2007, 03:38 PM

Perhaps some people associate the word "design" with simply the product's industrial design, aesthetics, etc. Maybe Apple wants to emphasize that Leopard as a product is completely produced by Apple; not by some dude in India. The customer can be assured of a top quality purchase. :)

Kelleheretic
Oct 24, 2007, 03:39 PM
Well, Storm, perhaps it is the case in NYC due to sheer volume, but I have not heard of that at all before you said it. I suppose we will know Friday. No offense, but I'm hoping I'm right...out of nothing but desire for Leopard!

mingisback
Oct 24, 2007, 03:40 PM
I'm still looking for a rock solid confirmation that the actual retail disk is infact 9A581.

I've seen some references online that indicate that but... I'm looking for some info from someone that has an actual retail disk.

Anyone know if this info is posted anywhere yet?

matticus008
Oct 24, 2007, 03:45 PM
No, it isn't. Last FedEx deliveries are at 7pm (8pm some days), and most residential customers and all business customers are on routes which complete before 4pm. Products are delivered on launch day, starting with the 8am deliveries and ending with the 7pm deliveries. Sometimes, people get the packages a little early, since some boxes will just get moved to earlier shipments. They honor the request to hold shipments until the specified delivery date wherever possible, 99.9% of the time, but there is no such thing as a "hold until time" request. They load the trucks in the mornings and in the afternoons and they go out. If they waited until 6pm to release the packages, no one would get them until the next day.

They're not going to make thousands of special trips to deliver software on launch day just so they can squeeze it in after 6pm.

Virgil-TB2
Oct 24, 2007, 03:47 PM
But what's to stop me from just giving it to anyone? ....Your conscience.

Note also that this is the main governor of all proper behaviour and if (as it seems) you don't have a concience, you will likely be behind bars for something before too long. :)

boxlight
Oct 24, 2007, 03:48 PM
I'm in Ottawa Canada and mines been "prepared for shipment" all week. Shipping on the 26th.

gri
Oct 24, 2007, 04:00 PM

It is snappier! Mine arrived today according to the shipment tracking. Will know once I am home...

:D

MLeepson
Oct 24, 2007, 04:07 PM
It is snappier! Mine arrived today according to the shipment tracking. Will know once I am home...

Go home faster! :)

vohdoun
Oct 24, 2007, 04:16 PM
That's awesome. Made my day.

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/4691/fw1108velzu2.jpg

crees!
Oct 24, 2007, 04:18 PM
Well, maybe for your local FedEx wasn't done shipping all their packages and had to work overtime to deliver them all. I remember I received my copy of Tiger around 2PM. Therefore, they didn't wait till 6PM to start delivering.

gopher
Oct 24, 2007, 04:19 PM
Prepared for shipment.
Delivers _by_ October 26th.
No reason why it couldn't be delivered tomorrow since it is Standard overnight.

I might just have to go to work early to see if it arrives early!

Roc
Oct 24, 2007, 04:23 PM
Mine also says Prepared for Shipment: Delivery on 26th.

Paid for overnight. Would be nice to get it tomorrow.

Rocmello

AJClayton
Oct 24, 2007, 04:27 PM
Mine's prepared for shipment. Has had that status since at least around midday today (UK Time). :)

Anyone know who they're using to deliver them in the UK? I hope it's not UPS I had problems with them last time...

When I bought iLife 08 in August that came via UPS (I'm in Dorset, UK). Shipping took just a day. I don't know for sure, but I'd guess the new OS will come the same way.

For what it's worth, my Leopard pre-order says "Prepared for Shipment" too. On the UK Apple Store it specifically says "ships BY October 26th" rather than "arrive ON October 26th" as the US Store does so I get a feeling that we may be waiting until Monday for our parcels to arrive. I hope I'm wrong though. The trouble and strife is out on Saturday morning so this would be a great time to open the box :D

WillGonz
Oct 24, 2007, 04:31 PM
What Leopard feature are you most excited about?

For me it is the ability to remotely control systems over .Mac. I have convinced a ton of people to make the switch to Macs. Now once we have Leopard I will easily be able to remote in and help them out. Sure there are other free ways, Hamachi and Chicken Of the VNC, but I look forward to a slick way for less than $99 a year. Here's a tip. Get family packs, cheaper than singles and you get more of them.

LupoLupiana
Oct 24, 2007, 04:32 PM
When I bought iLife 08 in August that came via UPS (I'm in Dorset, UK). Shipping took just a day. I don't know for sure, but I'd guess the new OS will come the same way.

For what it's worth, my Leopard pre-order says "Prepared for Shipment" too. On the UK Apple Store it specifically says "ships BY October 26th" rather than "arrive ON October 26th" as the US Store does so I get a feeling that we may be waiting until Monday for our parcels to arrive. I hope I'm wrong though. The trouble and strife is out on Saturday morning so this would be a great time to open the box :D

Yea, it would be nice to open it on the saturday...and just use it and get to know it for the weekend...luckily i have a week off next week !!! :)

Legacy
Oct 24, 2007, 04:44 PM
I'm on the UK Shipping as well...says 'Prepared for Shipment', ship by 26th, delivery by 29th-30th Oct?

Fast EMEA delivery..whats that?

Standing Amazed
Oct 24, 2007, 04:45 PM

Here in New Zealand it says " DELIVERS ON OCTOBER 26TH". As it's already the 25th now it should change from "Prepared for Shipment" to shipped very soon.

ClassicMac247
Oct 24, 2007, 04:46 PM
Its gorgeous!!! I can't wait to get my hands on that beauty!:D

Chupa Chupa
Oct 24, 2007, 04:50 PM
I received Tiger at 6:15pm from FedEx. They normally work until 6pm, but not when Apple releases a new OS. And mistakes do happen.

So when you received Tiger is the final arbiter? Apple does not have an agreement w/ FedEx to only deliver after 6pm. FedEx will continue to deliver packages on the van until they have made an attempt for each package, even if that puts them past 6pm, but FedEx will not START delivery for specific packages at any given time. It's logistically unfeasible, even if Apple wanted to do it that way (and boy would it be expensive if they tried).

It was not a mistake that people rec'd their copy of Tiger before 6pm on launch, it's called normal delivery schedule. And it won't be a mistake when people get their copies of Leopard before 6pm Friday either.

Stop trying to freak people out.

gri
Oct 24, 2007, 04:55 PM
So when you received Tiger is the final arbiter? Apple does not have an agreement w/ FedEx to only deliver after 6pm. FedEx will continue to deliver packages on the van until they have made an attempt for each package, even if that puts them past 6pm, but FedEx will not START delivery for specific packages at any given time. It's logistically unfeasible, even if Apple wanted to do it that way (and boy would it be expensive if they tried).

It was not a mistake that people rec'd their copy of Tiger before 6pm on launch, it's called normal delivery schedule. And it won't be a mistake when people get their copies of Leopard before 6pm Friday either.

Stop trying to freak people out.

A I said earlier - my order says delivered, so I got it (at home, am still at work) on the 24th, -2 days...:p

Legacy
Oct 24, 2007, 05:04 PM
I was hoping to try and run it on my G3 iMac before I run it on my MacBook and if it works, buy a family license. Is there any advancement on running it on G3's with XPostFacto?

Its a 600MHz G3 with 512MB RAM and 16MB Rage 128 Pro Video Card... has Panther on it atm

Shoesy
Oct 24, 2007, 05:05 PM
I got mine delivered yesterday, and yes Safari is a lot snappier.

Here is a photo of it I sneaked in the elevator- sorry it's only on my phone camera, but I will post better ones once I get the chance.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc175/Shoesymac/Leopard.jpg

eddyg
Oct 24, 2007, 05:14 PM
Just got the shipping email for delivery to New Zealand- not valid in the TNT Tracker as yet.

Sean Dempsey
Oct 24, 2007, 05:14 PM

Here is a photo of it I sneaked in the elevator- sorry it's only on my phone camera, but I will post better ones once I get the chance.

It's because your copy of Leopard apparently came on a vinyl record.

Standing Amazed
Oct 24, 2007, 05:19 PM
Just got the shipping email for delivery to New Zealand- not valid in the TNT Tracker as yet.

Mine's just changed to "Shipped" too.

ricosuave
Oct 24, 2007, 05:19 PM

maybe it's a 45!

InLikeALion
Oct 24, 2007, 05:20 PM

That post makes me really like you Shoesy - In a respectful, masculine way. Hi FIVE! (no one hi 5's any more :rolleyes:)

#ILAL~*

donlphi
Oct 24, 2007, 05:22 PM

It also cost him just the very top of his head... nice cutting and pasting. That is hilarious looking. My Grandma uses photoshop better than that. I know he was just messing around with the editing (I hope), but that made my day. :D

Multimedia
Oct 24, 2007, 05:23 PM
I was hoping to try and run it on my G3 iMac before I run it on my MacBook and if it works, buy a family license. Is there any advancement on running it on G3's with XPostFacto?

Its a 600MHz G3 with 512MB RAM and 16MB Rage 128 Pro Video Card... has Panther on it atmHave you looked at the thread

Guide: Install Leopard on older Macs (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=371302)

with instructions on how to prepare a Leopard install DVD so you can install it on G3 & lower speed G4 Macs? So you needn't wait for the XPOSTFACTO solution.

If I were you I would max out the RAM on your G3 to maximize performance.

Shoesy
Oct 24, 2007, 05:25 PM
It also cost him just the very top of his head... nice cutting and pasting. That is hilarious looking.

Hey I'm from the UK - we still have flat-tops over here. :cool:

Legacy
Oct 24, 2007, 05:26 PM
Have you looked at the thread

Guide: Install Leopard on older Macs (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=371302)

with instructions on how to prepare a Leopard install DVD so you can install it on G3 & lower speed G4 Macs. So you needn't wait for the XPOSTFACTO solution.

Thank You! Excellent!

flir67
Oct 24, 2007, 05:30 PM

I was just about to comment on the same thing, and when did they start putting "in California" back on their line. I though that stopped after the g4's where the last apple product made in america.

but if its true thats good.....

Willis
Oct 24, 2007, 05:33 PM

Ahhh memories of Macworld...or was it WWDC? Nice Touch either way!

Willis
Oct 24, 2007, 05:35 PM
I was just about to comment on the same thing, and when did they start putting "in California" back on their line. I though that stopped after the g4's where the last apple product made in america.

All Apple products as far as I know have always said Designed by Apple in California...

lindmar
Oct 24, 2007, 05:35 PM
All I can say is WOW!

I'm two hours into this sucker now and I can't believe it.
Running a macbook 2ghz with 2gb ram.. My computer is faster and snapier then ever.

Safari is blazing.. Everything is blazing.

I remember when OSX first came out. I wasn't blown away! Sure it was amazing compared to OS9 but it doesnt blow me away.

Then Panther.. I thought this wasnt much of an upgrade either.

Tiger.. This got me excited. OSX was starting to really unleash itself.

WELL now, Apple has unleashed the beast!

By far the best OS Upgrade in Apple's history! Everything is faster, everything is better. I really am flabergasted. Just when I started to think my macbook was starting to feel a little sluggish and a little slow... Apple gives me a new life! It doesnt even feel like the same computer.

I've been installing all my apps, getting up and runnin and not one issue yet. Not one hiccup.

I really have only started to play with the new features,,,,

Did I mention CS3? All installed fine and seem to work without a hitch!

zwida
Oct 24, 2007, 05:39 PM

Great news about CS3. That was my greatest concern. Can't wait to nerd up my weekend!

Multimedia
Oct 24, 2007, 05:39 PM
All I can say is WOW!

Running a macbook 2ghz with 2gb ram.. My computer is faster and snapier then ever.

I remember when OSX first came out. I wasn't blown away! Sure it was amazing compared to OS9 but it doesnt blow me away.

By far the best OS Upgrade in Apple's history! Everything is faster, everything is better. I really am flabergasted. Just when I started to think my macbook was starting to feel a little sluggish and a little slow... Apple gives me a new life! It doesnt even feel like the same computer.

I've been installing all my apps, getting up and runnin and not one issue yet. Not one hiccup.

Did I mention CS3? All installed fine and seem to work without a hitch!Where are your PHOTOS of the unboxing & contents and DVD?!!! :eek: You could have posted photos more than 2 hours ago and instead you installed it etc?!? How selfish of you!! :rolleyes:

flir67
Oct 24, 2007, 05:41 PM
All Apple products as far as I know have always said Designed by Apple in California...

maybe I'm thinking of "made in california" I know they took something like that off there marketing a while back.

anyway thanks....

michielrutjes
Oct 24, 2007, 05:43 PM
All I can say is WOW!

Dude, you're kidding.

But for real, I really wan't to see my 64 bit SR chip in full action. It's a good thing I'm really busy the next two days, because else I would be hanging around heren all day being nervous. Enjoy the big wait everyone!

Nerdowl
Oct 24, 2007, 05:45 PM

It wasn't the shipping that was the problem with UPS. I ordered a ElgatoEYETVHybrid from the apple store, which UPS 'supposodly' delivered (I was following it on tracking). Phoned them up "oh you weren't in. We left it with one of your neighbours." (We were in all day). Went round to said neighbours, nothing, zilch. Phoned them again "Oh sorry wrong neighbour meant the other side." Tried that still nothing. Phoned them for the third time. "It will be delivered tomorrow" "but I go to Uni tomorrow" "First thing tomorrow then".
Funnily enough I have no faith in UPS whatsoever. No complaints about TNT delivering my Macbook though.

chordate68
Oct 24, 2007, 05:46 PM
definately doin the unboxing photos lol. i did it with my :apple:MBP i got last thurs and everyone who saw them thought i was crazy. oh well. can't wait until fri!

Phormic
Oct 24, 2007, 05:50 PM
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2007/10/24/Leo_300.jpg

That's sooo Photoshopped. I call fake.

See how the angle of the lighting doesn't match the position of the sun during Fall and the tone of the shadow doesn't match the overall lighting hue? The font is wrong too, it's obviously Myriad instead of Apple Myriad. Fake. So fake.

chicagostars
Oct 24, 2007, 05:51 PM

OH SNAP! :)

Laughboy42
Oct 24, 2007, 05:59 PM
So can't wait to load Leopard on my Macbook. Hopefully get one of them nifty t-shirts they are giving out too :D

Luap
Oct 24, 2007, 06:00 PM
definately doin the unboxing photos lol. i did it with my :apple:MBP i got last thurs and everyone who saw them thought i was crazy. oh well. can't wait until fri!

You are crazy. Seriously. Its JUST an OS. A much anticipated one, granted. But still, its just an OS. Why on earth would you take picts unboxing it?? Thats extreme dorkism.

I got a new dishwasher today, but I didnt take picts of it being installed to show to my grandkids in years to come, or upload them to some online Dishwasher community. Why? Because its retarded. Seriously, get a grip and wake up to what you are doing.
Its about as cool as wearing underpants with Bill Gates name stitched into them.

MLeepson
Oct 24, 2007, 06:01 PM
Its about as cool as wearing underpants with Bill Gates name stitched into them.
Well, if your name is Bill Gates...

Phormic
Oct 24, 2007, 06:03 PM

Good thing I have always stuck with my Steve Jobs signature range of underpants (in black of course).

Multimedia
Oct 24, 2007, 06:20 PM
You are crazy. Seriously. Its JUST an OS. A much anticipated one, granted. But still, its just an OS. Why on earth would you take picts unboxing it?? Thats extreme dorkism.

I got a new dishwasher today, but I didnt take picts of it being installed to show to my grandkids in years to come, or upload them to some online Dishwasher community. Why? Because its retarded. Seriously, get a grip and wake up to what you are doing.
Its about as cool as wearing underpants with Bill Gates name stitched into them.It's NOT Just An OS. It's Apple OS X 10.5.0 Leopard and

It Is A Cultural Historical Event of Monumental Proportions.

I think it's worth seeing pictures at this moment - Wednesday before the Friday. It's a bigger deal than you think it is to some of us. I agree it is extreeme DORKism. What's wrong with being an extreeme DORK!?!?! :eek: :confused: :D :p :)

twoodcc
Oct 24, 2007, 06:21 PM
can't wait now!

zwida
Oct 24, 2007, 06:26 PM
It's NOT Just An OS. It's Apple OS X 10.5.0 Leopard and

I think it's worth seeing pictures at this moment - Wednesday before the Friday. It's a bigger deal than you think it is to some of us. I agree it is extreeme DORKism. What's wrong with being an extreeme DORK!?!?! :eek: :confused: :D :p :)

+1

I even like the giant green text.

mustang_dvs
Oct 24, 2007, 06:26 PM

Dude, Leopard on vinyl is cool and all, but isn't where it's at.

I've got Leopard on cassette.

Here's the first of 220 tapes:

Farani
Oct 24, 2007, 06:27 PM
How are the boot up times? Any faster... I mean cause they're so slow right now lol ;)

Multimedia
Oct 24, 2007, 06:31 PM
Dude, Leopard vinyl isn't old school enough. I've got Leopard on cassette.

Here's the first of 220 tapes:Fantastic! Do You Load That With Your Adam Home Computer?

ronipe
Oct 24, 2007, 06:36 PM
Why is the "box" in French? Except for the, "Designed by Apple in Calif..."
Is this a Canadian or France copy of Leopard?

Farani
Oct 24, 2007, 06:38 PM
Dude, Leopard on vinyl is cool and all, but isn't where it's at.

I've got Leopard on cassette.

Here's the first of 220 tapes:

Dude I picked up Leopard on Laserdisc like a week ago!

izzle22
Oct 24, 2007, 06:42 PM
Dude I picked up Leopard on Laserdisc like a week ago!

Hey! I still watch my laserdiscs.:eek:

FreeState
Oct 24, 2007, 06:47 PM
I'm in San Diego and as Im sure you are all aware of we are having a rather difficult week. Mail delivery has been spotty at best. I use my work address for shipping and Im hoping there is no delay for us in San Diego :) I have not been to work all week so I might have to show up Friday just to pick it up... after all if anyone is entitled to some good news its us :) :apple:

queshy
Oct 24, 2007, 06:48 PM
It's NOT Just An OS. It's Apple OS X 10.5.0 Leopard and

You tell 'em! I told my friends today and they're like "so what, it's just an OS" -- well it isn't !!! It's way more than that. Tomorrow at this time I will be running Leopard....woohoo!

Nightline
Oct 24, 2007, 06:48 PM
Not yet shipped

MAC OS X 10.5 UTD FULFILLMENT-INT
Ships by: OCTOBER 26TH

:mad:

izzle22
Oct 24, 2007, 06:51 PM
I'm in San Diego and as Im sure you are all aware of we are having a rather difficult week. Mail delivery has been spotty at best. I use my work address for shipping and Im hoping there is no delay for us in San Diego :) I have not been to work all week so I might have to show up Friday just to pick it up... after all if anyone is entitled to some good news its us :) :apple:

Well I hope you get it, you guys out there have already been through enough.

kitki83
Oct 24, 2007, 06:54 PM
FreeState:
Not trying to get into tangent is it true that in San Diego they has to take out Firefighters in certain fire areas and move them to other counties to combat the spread?

I heard that Malibu all the Firefighters where sent to Canyon Country because the flames where worst there. Yeah I was in Saugus on Sunday you can tell it was not gonna be pretty I can just imagine how bad San Diego is at and worst my friend has not responded to my calls.

logicpro7
Oct 24, 2007, 06:55 PM
Mine was shipped on the 24th oct. Delivery is due on or before the 26th oct via UPS.

I am in the Uk so it could possibly be here in the morning! :D:apple::D

EDIT:
Its at my local depot, so looks like it will be "out for delivery" tomorrow!

mklos
Oct 24, 2007, 06:56 PM

Shipping Method
Priority Overnite

Apple has traditionally done this with new OS releases. This is why its silly to pay for faster shipping.

This is also why I never buy from amazon.com. They take too damn long to ship it. If you use the free shipping saver they take their sweet %&$ time shipping it out.

mklos
Oct 24, 2007, 07:00 PM
Not yet shipped

MAC OS X 10.5 UTD FULFILLMENT-INT
Ships by: OCTOBER 26TH

:mad:

Patience grasshopper....

If you pre-ordered from Apple it will ship either tomorrow afternoon or tomorrow night.

My copy of Tiger never shipped until very late Thursday evening and it was at its destination by the next morning. It will come....

That being said...there's always a few people who have Fed Ex or UPS drop the ball on shipping. This will happen to someone here and they won't get their copy until Monday.

queshy
Oct 24, 2007, 07:00 PM
Apple has traditionally done this with new OS releases. This is why its silly to pay for faster shipping.

This is also why I never buy from amazon.com. They take too damn long to ship it. If you use the free shipping saver they take their sweet %&$ time shipping it out.

I understand what you're saying...if it's something new like an OS this blows...but for other not-as-urgent (lol) stuff it's fine. Mind you up here in Canada for some reason they have no electonics...mostly books :confused::confused:

SMM
Oct 24, 2007, 07:01 PM
So, once again we have a number of negative ratings and Apple is doing just what they said they were going to do. Maybe someone can explain this to me?

Sp3shl K
Oct 24, 2007, 07:09 PM
mine says 'not yet shipped' as well and is an up-to-date version. also for shipping it says standard-residential. does this count as the overnight too?

Apple!Fre@k
Oct 24, 2007, 07:14 PM
Mine shows as being PREPARED FOR SHIPMENT on Apple.com. It is showing PRIORITY OVERNIGHT shipping and delivery by the 26th so it must be going out tomorrow. And PRIORITY OVERNIGHT means I'll have it by 10:30AM on Friday. 7 and a half hours before Apple Stores launch it. :p

HLdan
Oct 24, 2007, 07:18 PM
I don't think it's fair that the Up-to-Date orders get postponed until next week and the retail disc orders get fulfilled first. :(

izzle22
Oct 24, 2007, 07:19 PM
Mine shows as being PREPARED FOR SHIPMENT on Apple.com. It is showing PRIORITY OVERNIGHT shipping and delivery by the 26th so it must be going out tomorrow. And PRIORITY OVERNIGHT means I'll have it by 10:30AM on Friday. 7 and a half hours before Apple Stores launch it. :p

What part of the world do you live in and when did you order if you don't mind me asking.

izzle22
Oct 24, 2007, 07:20 PM
I don't think it's fair that the Up-to-Date orders get postponed until next week and the retail disc orders get fulfilled first. :(

My dad always told me life ain't fair.;)

HLdan
Oct 24, 2007, 07:25 PM
My dad always told me life ain't fair.;)

Your dad is right, so tell him to buy me a copy of Leopard and I'll never complain again.:D

Oct 24, 2007, 07:29 PM
Actually, software design and software engineering are two different things, if you really want to be pedantic.

If I really want to be pedantic: No they're not. Software design is an engineering task.

However, when they say "Designed by", they don't mean software design.

wackymacky
Oct 24, 2007, 07:37 PM
Mines shown as "Prepared for Shipment".

As I live in New Zealand, which is 20 hours ahead of US Pacific time, it'll still be Thursday in the US when I get it! :)

You may notice my Kiwi friend, on the New Zealand Apple site the timer is set to Eastern coast American time not to New Zealand time (ie it still says Lepoard arrives 1 day four 1/2 hours not 9 hours). Given how slack the Apple representative is in NZ anyhow you should just home you see it before next week.

SkyBell
Oct 24, 2007, 07:37 PM

Technically, yes. Legally, no.

And yes, people, it is just an OS. I can understand being excited about it, but praising it as if it were the 8th wonder of the world is a little sad.

So, once again we have a number of negative ratings and Apple is doing just what they said they were going to do. Maybe someone can explain this to me?

It wouldn't be MacRumors without people complaining that Leopard is shipping one day later then "promised."

breal8406
Oct 24, 2007, 07:42 PM
Hey! I still watch my laserdiscs.:eek:

I got ya'll beat....8-track for the win!

shawnce
Oct 24, 2007, 07:46 PM
Even though it says "single-residence", I can still just give one of my license codes to anyone, right? Yeah... if you want to violate the intent of and EULA restriction on the family pack. In other words if you want to "piss" on Apple for giving families an inexpensive option for getting multiple (up to 5) systems on to Leopard go ahead take advantage of Apple. :mad:

Anyway what license codes? Apple licensing for Mac OS X is currently based on the honor system and not enforced by license keys.

caccamolle
Oct 24, 2007, 07:52 PM
dudes, what's so exciting about this ??? it's a frigging OS update. Geeee, you all sound like a bunch of little kids waiting for the ice-cream track. What is it ? a new dashboard ? please.....

dacreativeguy
Oct 24, 2007, 07:53 PM
I can wait a few days for my UTD to save $100. Besides, it'll force me to wait until all the early adopters find the horrific bugs that Apple will fix in 10.5.1.

Eric Lewis
Oct 24, 2007, 07:54 PM
My leopard is coming on BlueRay

Standing Amazed
You may notice my Kiwi friend, on the New Zealand Apple site the timer is set to Eastern coast American time not to New Zealand time (ie it still says Lepoard arrives 1 day four 1/2 hours not 9 hours). Given how slack the Apple representative is in NZ anyhow you should just home you see it before next week.

The server must be looking at you IP address and countiing down is US time. Mine says 1 day and 4 hours:

http://Users/lescrozier/Desktop/countdown.tiff

Taken at 13:51 NZ Summer Time it said 1 day 4 hours and 7 minutes

kddpop

For me it is the ability to remotely control systems over .Mac. I have convinced a ton of people to make the switch to Macs. Now once we have Leopard I will easily be able to remote in and help them out. Sure there are other free ways, Hamachi and Chicken Of the VNC, but I look forward to a slick way for less than $99 a year. Here's a tip. Get family packs, cheaper than singles and you get more of them.

i may be wrong, but it's my understanding that screen sharing is not tied to .mac. rather, its just a new button in ichat like video or audio chat.

and this is among my top new features of leopard.

~kyle

miketcool
Oct 24, 2007, 07:55 PM

Anyone else think its more reminiscent of...

CAT IN A BOX!

Nice package placement, should be you in an elevator with the box, attached, hands free. ;)

And yeah, this is how serious I take OS X releases. I am excited for switchers. I have been enjoying my Apples for many many years, and its nice to see wider recognition for all the hard work they do in Cupertino. Enjoy!

Eric Lewis
Oct 24, 2007, 07:56 PM
Anyone else think its more reminiscent of...

CAT IN A BOX!

Nice package placement, should be you in an elevator with the box, attached, hands free. ;)

And yeah, this is how serious I take OS X releases. I am excited for switchers. I have been enjoying my Apples for many many years, and its nice to see wider recognition for all the hard work they do in Cupertino. Enjoy!

isnt it dick in a box ? search youtube

kbmb
Oct 24, 2007, 07:57 PM
Does anyone really think Apple cares whether people get it at 10am or 6:01pm on Friday? C'mon....we are talking about hours here....not days.

Trust me....the FedEx guy isn't going to circle my block until the clock hits 6pm to deliver it. If it's on his truck in the morning....he'll be stopping....and I'll be INSTALLING!

-Kevin

matticus008
Oct 24, 2007, 08:00 PM
If I really want to be pedantic: No they're not. Software design is an engineering task.
That depends on how you define software design. Since it is not a programming task, it necessarily precludes any "engineering" of the software, since the application of technical skill specific to software occurs at the code level. That is, unless you're willing to concede that all artists, management, and marketing people are engineers, too. Programmers are software engineers in my experience. Everyone else is a software developer, but not an engineer.

I can design software all day long (and so can Steve Jobs and Bill Gates). None of us are engineers. I have a professional background in graphic design, IS, and law. I'm sufficiently technically-inclined to apply a strong science and math foundation to that design, but when I sat down and designed a website or codeveloped artwork for software UI, we didn't delude ourselves with the notion of being "engineers." You may disagree, but I think most designers would prefer to emphasize the artistic and many engineers would be offended by the "watering down" of their trade.

Unless you're using radically different definitions, it seems you're saying that design is a requisite part of the engineering process. That's true, but it doesn't make designers into engineers.
However, when they say "Designed by", they don't mean software design.
It's a software product. There's nothing else to design.

mashinhead
Oct 24, 2007, 08:01 PM
so wait who here actually received this?

Multimedia
Oct 24, 2007, 08:04 PM
so wait who here actually received this?So far we still have NO PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE any of these so called early receivers are telling us the truth. Just a bunch of uncorroborated TEXT.

Give Us The PHOTOGRAPHIC PROOF Please!

trailblazer
Oct 24, 2007, 08:05 PM
Already have it :)

WildPalms
Oct 24, 2007, 08:09 PM

No it is not. You've already proven yourself at spreading BS. How's Leopard Download Edition working out for you?

docprego
Oct 24, 2007, 08:15 PM
Mine says " Not yet shipped" and the shipping method is Standard-Residential. How are they going to get it to me on time? Even if they ship it tomorrow it would have to be shipped overnight to make it.

irahodges
Oct 24, 2007, 08:21 PM

I am most excited about Spaces and iChat. Almost all of the features in Leopard look amazing to me though, and I'm one of those people that would be buying it even if the only new thing was the dock and finder just to support :apple:. :D:p

irahodges
Oct 24, 2007, 08:22 PM
I am very curious as to what people's main reasons for buying Leopard are? Which features pushed you over the edge to commit approx $129 to Apple?

Karvel
Oct 24, 2007, 08:23 PM
So far we still have NO PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE any of these so called early receivers are telling us the truth. Just a bunch of uncorroborated TEXT.

Haha calm down!

Nerdowl
Oct 24, 2007, 08:28 PM
So far we still have NO PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE any of these so called early receivers are telling us the truth. Just a bunch of uncorroborated TEXT.

LOL. If mine were here yet I would... not even as if I'd have to go and find a camera I can just use the iSight and photo booth. ;)

Before I saw the tour video probably either Spaces or Quick Look. Since watching that video: The new iChat features.
I can see most of the new features being things I will use though. :D

HLdan
Oct 24, 2007, 08:33 PM
I can wait a few days for my UTD to save $100. Besides, it'll force me to wait until all the early adopters find the horrific bugs that Apple will fix in 10.5.1.

That's the right way to look at it. Cool we can let the retail buyers be the guinea pigs and if there are any problems they can stop us from installing it.

So, the retail buyers get theirs first and we (the UTD buyers) who have to wait can learn from the retail buyers issues, everybody's happy! :D

cell-gfx
Oct 24, 2007, 08:45 PM
Mine's just changed to "Shipped" too.

Same here. As I have asked in other places, because we're the first people to actually experience 26th October, does the same go for actually getting our grubby mitts on Leopard? 6pm here is 17 hours ahead of New York... :)

eenu
Oct 24, 2007, 08:49 PM
I'm in the UK and mine has shipped for delivery on the 25th

Farani
Oct 24, 2007, 08:55 PM
Here's a quick question because I am still new to the apple world. Lets say I went out and bought a macbook to go with my new iMac. I ordered the up-to-date leopard for the iMac already. Could I theoretically install leopard onto both computers with the one disk until the 2nd license from UTD came?

tgildred
Oct 24, 2007, 08:57 PM

Big foot's got his. Bastard.

psychofreak
Here's a quick question because I am still new to the apple world. Lets say I went out and bought a macbook to go with my new iMac. I ordered the up-to-date leopard for the iMac already. Could I theoretically install leopard onto both computers with the one disk until the 2nd license from UTD came?

Not legally, you had to ask for the right to copy when ordering the UTD disk...

Legacy
I'm in the UK and mine has shipped for delivery on the 25th

When did you order it? Mines still prepared for shipment :(

eenu
Oct 24, 2007, 08:59 PM

2pm the day it went on preorder

Farani
Oct 24, 2007, 09:00 PM
Not legally, you had to ask for the right to copy when ordering the UTD disk...

Ok so by the license agreement I couldn't, but it is possible to do it? I'm not saying I'm going to do this because Apple has me by the balls waiting to hear about the processor bump for the macbook Nov 6th (Leopard on my iMac is going to have to hold me over for a while!) But there isn't an activation process like Microsuck?

logicpro7
Oct 24, 2007, 09:04 PM

LMAO :D

Its steve jobs in a suit.

Nerdowl
Oct 24, 2007, 09:04 PM

Mines still prepared for shipment too. As I recall it was around 5pm the day it went on preorder for me.

irahodges
Oct 24, 2007, 09:05 PM
Ok so by the license agreement I couldn't, but it is possible to do it? I'm not saying I'm going to do this because Apple has me by the balls waiting to hear about the processor bump for the macbook Nov 6th (Leopard on my iMac is going to have to hold me over for a while!) But there isn't an activation process like Microsuck?

With a Leopard DVD, there is no activation of any sort...just install and you are good to go. On the other hand, the iMac or Macbook Pro DVD's that came with your computer can only be used for an iMac or Macbook Pro respectively. Not sure if you were asking this, but thought I would throw it in anways!! :)

irahodges
Oct 24, 2007, 09:07 PM

:D. Now if only I could see him in jeans and a black turtleneck!! :p

Legacy
Oct 24, 2007, 09:08 PM

Oh...I'll be waiting till monday then I think...I ordered it later oh well..est delivery was 29-30th anyway

Farani
Oct 24, 2007, 09:12 PM
With a Leopard DVD, there is no activation of any sort...just install and you are good to go. On the other hand, the iMac or Macbook Pro DVD's that came with your computer can only be used for an iMac or Macbook Pro respectively. Not sure if you were asking this, but thought I would throw it in anways!! :)

Always good to know! Thanks a lot!:apple:

Farani
Oct 24, 2007, 09:15 PM
How has Back to My Mac been overlooked by so many? I just saw this feature for the first time and this might have me more excited than anything! I have 2 HD's hooked up to my airport and they have my entire media collection on them. I've wanted to be able to access them away from home but I haven't felt like doing everything nescessary. Now this makes it ridiculous easy! And any of my friends with a mac can get in there now too!!!!

Questions if anyone can answer them
1. What if my Mac is sleeping? Will this wake it up or will it require an awaked mac?
2. Will I, in fact, be able to access my usb harddrives that are hooked up to my airport (I would think I would be able to)?

Jackielyn
Oct 24, 2007, 09:21 PM

oh ho ho! Engineering is NOT the same as design.
Engineering relates more to the functionality of the product, where as design is the look and feel and the usability aspect of it. A lot of the times engineers create things for themselves, so to speak (so that it works the way they want it to). What designers do is make it so that it doesn't work JUST for the engineer that designed whichever part of the software, but have it work for your average mac (user).

Designers work with engineers using each other's expertise to provide you with best product possible.

This misconception is just a pet peeve of mine. :apple:

irahodges
Oct 24, 2007, 09:21 PM
How has Back to My Mac been overlooked by so many? I just saw this feature for the first time and this might have me more excited than anything! I have 2 HD's hooked up to my airport and they have my entire media collection on them. I've wanted to be able to access them away from home but I haven't felt like doing everything nescessary. Now this makes it ridiculous easy! And any of my friends with a mac can get in there now too!!!!

1. What if my Mac is sleeping? Will this wake it up or will it require an awaked mac?
2. Will I, in fact, be able to access my usb harddrives that are hooked up to my airport (I would think I would be able to)?

I dont want to have to pay for .Mac. Not enough there to keep me interested. Back to my Mac is an amazing feature, I can't wait till there is some way to do this without spending extra moneys.

Farani
Oct 24, 2007, 09:24 PM
I dont want to have to pay for .Mac. Not enough there to keep me interested. Back to my Mac is an amazing feature, I can't wait till there is some way to do this without spending extra moneys.

Same here. I don't have a need for the 10GB of storage or the e-mail but I want to be able to access my home pc so I'll end up paying for it. Still, this feature was never mentioned in the numerous articles I read. I can't believe I missed it on Apple's website.

Another question is will I be able to use a usb harddrive hooked up to my airport for my time machine backups? I'm going to have 2 macs that need to be backed up and I don't feel like constantly plugging them into a harddrive. This way it's wireless for both.

psychofreak
Oct 24, 2007, 09:24 PM

Hopefully Mozy will compete in this field soon, a big part of their business is keeping people off .Mac

jstad
Oct 24, 2007, 09:26 PM
Yay, the disc is PRETTY :) I can't wait to pick mine up next week (stupid iowa and their slow delivery)

tivoboy
Oct 24, 2007, 09:30 PM
there must be a way to get to back to my mac without .mac.

that said, i am sure it is just like remote desktop, so wake on lan will be a feature and if the mac is asleep it will come to life.
if the mac is off, then you will need a network based switch to activate the mac.

Farani
Oct 24, 2007, 09:30 PM
Hopefully Mozy will compete in this field soon, a big part of their business is keeping people off .Mac

wow, unlimited backup for $4.95 a month.

Farani
Oct 24, 2007, 09:31 PM
there must be a way to get to back to my mac without .mac.

that said, i am sure it is just like remote desktop, so wake on lan will be a feature and if the mac is asleep it will come to life.
if the mac is off, then you will need a network based switch to activate the mac.

Greeeeaaaattt! I always sleep my iMac so it's all good in da hood.

mashinhead
Oct 24, 2007, 09:34 PM

i just got an imac today and my .mac is expiring. i wasn't going to renew it but then this feature came up and now i'm curious. so i asked the guy about this and how it compares to remote desktop. And his answer was it is remote desktop lite. Meaning you have less control and he also said it didn't work everywhere. Meaning your location had something to do with it functioning.

irahodges
Oct 24, 2007, 09:34 PM
wow, unlimited backup for $4.95 a month.

Yes, but it takes a long time to back up. I suggest doing the free 2GB and see if the speed is fine for you. It just was not an option for me, since I was looking to store over 100 GB.

Farani
Oct 24, 2007, 09:37 PM
i just got an imac today and my .mac is expiring. i wasn't going to renew it but then this feature came up and now i'm curious. so i asked the guy about this and how it compares to remote desktop. And his answer was it is remote desktop lite. Meaning you have less control and he also said it didn't work everywhere. Meaning your location had something to do with it functioning.

Damn. Nothing is as good as it seems, eh? Well what I'll do is after I get Leopard sign up for the free trial of .Mac and see how it works out :D

tgildred
Oct 24, 2007, 09:48 PM
LMAO :D

Its steve jobs in a suit.

Wrong, Shaggy! the yeti is actually... old man Ballmer!

Nitrox
Oct 24, 2007, 09:52 PM
My copy shipped today and I will receive it in Canada on the 25th...1 day ahead of retail!

CRAZYBUBBA
Oct 24, 2007, 09:59 PM

My powerbook came from china and said california on it..

CBAviator
Oct 24, 2007, 10:11 PM

This certainly won't be happening where I live. Everything will be delivered before 5pm. I live in the mountains (Vail) where most people receive packages at central offices of their condos and then pick them up later...most businesses are only open until 5pm at the latest...yay for Leopard on Friday!

cohibadad
Oct 24, 2007, 10:13 PM
I think back to my mac is just using wide area bonjour. You can do it yourself on Leopard without .mac. I think you can even do it yourself with Tiger but it is made much easier with Leopard (i.e. no extra downloads, command line etc). And with .mac they just make it a couple clicks to allow sharing and activate back to mac in preferences. Apple seems to put stuff in their OS that they don't make widely known that expert users can make use of then they make it more accessible on subsequent OS releases then they make it brainlessly easy. Most if not all .mac features can be duplicated yourself it just takes time and know how and troubleshooting and sometimes extra equipment and sometimes extra downloads and...um, I'll just .mac

tooshaggy
Oct 24, 2007, 10:15 PM
I preordered my copy from Apple and selected free standard shipping. In the status it says I am getting priority overnight. Surely they will not wait til 6 to deliver!!!...???????
They better not!!

psychofreak
Oct 24, 2007, 10:15 PM
Wrong, Shaggy! the yeti is actually... old man Ballmer!

Post of the day :)

Multimedia
Oct 24, 2007, 10:16 PM
There have been a few scattered reports that Mac OS X Leopard has already arrived in the hands of some lucky customers today, but no unboxing photos have yet been published or submitted (http://www.macrumors.com/site.php?mode=submit).This is a PHOTOS thread and all we have so far are bogus Photoshop stunts. What is it with you who say you have it not posting any photographic proof?!?! :eek:

Liars!!! Nobody got it yet. It's totally bogus anyone got it yet.

imacan
Oct 24, 2007, 10:17 PM
My copy shipped today and I will receive it in Canada on the 25th...1 day ahead of retail!

I see that mine shipped too but I cannot get any info on the Purolator website, did you call them?

TurboSC
Oct 24, 2007, 10:25 PM
mmm I can smell it now :)

Farani
Oct 24, 2007, 10:40 PM
I think back to my mac is just using wide area bonjour. You can do it yourself on Leopard without .mac. I think you can even do it yourself with Tiger but it is made much easier with Leopard (i.e. no extra downloads, command line etc). And with .mac they just make it a couple clicks to allow sharing and activate back to mac in preferences. Apple seems to put stuff in their OS that they don't make widely known that expert users can make use of then they make it more accessible on subsequent OS releases then they make it brainlessly easy. Most if not all .mac features can be duplicated yourself it just takes time and know how and troubleshooting and sometimes extra equipment and sometimes extra downloads and...um, I'll just .mac

Yeah I know there is a way to do it but the info is very hard to find... I've searched... and I don't feel like spending the time to get it up and running.

dansgil
Oct 24, 2007, 10:42 PM
I see that mine shipped too but I cannot get any info on the Purolator website, did you call them?

Yeah, mine just shipped via Purolator as well, and I too cannot get any info on their website. In the past I have found that it usually take a few hours for the Purolator site to work with Apple tracking numbers.

Anyways, it says it should arrive on the 26th, but you never know with Purolator. I have had a lot of issues with them in the past. Hopefully, everything will turn out well this time. It would suck if they missed the Friday delivery!

reckless_0001
Oct 24, 2007, 10:59 PM
Yeah, mine just shipped via Purolator as well, and I too cannot get any info on their website. In the past I have found that it usually take a few hours for the Purolator site to work with Apple tracking numbers.

Anyways, it says it should arrive on the 26th, but you never know with Purolator. I have had a lot of issues with them in the past. Hopefully, everything will turn out well this time. It would suck if they missed the Friday delivery!

Darn! I paid for expedited shipping and it says the delivery date is the 29th!! Ohh Well....

EDIT: I'm in Canada too, shipped via Puralator.

dansgil
Oct 24, 2007, 11:03 PM
Darn! I paid for expedited shipping and it says the delivery date is the 29th!! Ohh Well....

You payed for expedited shipping? Why? I automatically got "Priority Overnite" for free. Try calling Apple and see if you can get your money for the expedited shipping back.

MacBlackBook22
Oct 24, 2007, 11:14 PM
I just got the apple email mine has shipped by Purolator and says for the 26th. No update at the purolator site its not posted yet. I am in B.C. Canada :apple::apple::apple:

ViperDesign
Oct 24, 2007, 11:23 PM
yeah not sure why some of you paid for shipping as it has been free shipping in which it said it will be delivered on the 26th. Mine says it is prepared for shipping :)

reckless_0001
Oct 24, 2007, 11:30 PM
yeah not sure why some of you paid for shipping as it has been free shipping in which it said it will be delivered on the 26th. Mine says it is prepared for shipping :)

I thought if I paid for it, I'd get priority in shipping. Looks like that's not the case with a delivery date of the 29th. I ordered on announcement day (morning) too. We'll see what happens I guess.

oogje
Oct 24, 2007, 11:34 PM

I think the delivery date depends on the country. For example, I just looked at the US store and clicked on the "Pre-order now" and it shows "Ships: Delivers on October 26th". But in the Canada store the page shows "Ships: October 26th".

Multimedia
Oct 24, 2007, 11:39 PM
Already have it :)Until you post a photograph of the shipping box and the retail box and the DVD you are a liar.

This is not an insult. This is not personal. This thread requires photographs for any post to be credible. So any text post claiming possession is not believable.

reckless_0001
Oct 24, 2007, 11:41 PM
I think the delivery date depends on the country. For example, I just looked at the US store and clicked on the "Pre-order now" and it shows "Ships: Delivers on October 26th". But in the Canada store the page shows "Ships: October 26th".

Actually when I ordered mine and on my order status for Canada it always said delivers on Oct. 26th.

TheChemist
Oct 24, 2007, 11:43 PM
Actually when I ordered mine and on my order status for Canada it always said delivers on Oct. 26th.

Mine says to be delivered on the 25th, and i am in Montreal. Then again, I cannot get any information from the Purolator website.

Time will tell ;)

irahodges
Oct 25, 2007, 12:04 AM
Until you post a photograph of the shipping box and the retail box and the DVD you are a liar.

This is not an insult. This is not personal. This thread requires photographs for any post to be credible. So any text post claiming possession is not believable.

Ha Ha. Multimedia, you are hilarious. I can almost hear the whimpering plea of your voice as you request photos of unboxing leopard dvds again and again and again. :p:D

I want them badly too...please help ease our pain people

DaveSM
Oct 25, 2007, 12:05 AM
Same scenario here.

I'm in Montreal, Apple says it is shipped overnite with Purolator but I can't see any tracking info...

Nerdowl
Oct 25, 2007, 02:45 AM
Mine shipped at 6:57am this morning (courier TNT - :D ) - estimated delivery date 26th.

cammoattard
Oct 25, 2007, 03:15 AM
i'm from australia, and i pre-ordered my copy of leopard. i have checked the shipping status and found that my copy of leopard was shipped about 4 hours ago from posting this reply. which in AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time) was about 2.00pm. I have found that according to the australian apple website our pre-ordered versions of leopard will be delivered on the 26th (friday) AEST which i believe is around 16 hours ahead of the US. As the US goes to sleep on their thursday night. Australia will be waking up to their new copies of Leopard.

Gordy
Oct 25, 2007, 03:48 AM
Mine shipped this morning. Shame I'm away all weekend so won't get to play with it till sunday.

James Craner
Oct 25, 2007, 03:53 AM
Mine still says 'Prepared for shipment' :(
Ordered within 30 mins of the UK store coming back up when first released.

go.mouse
Oct 25, 2007, 03:53 AM
I'm in BC Canada, and I just got an email on 24th stating that it has been shipped by Purolator and will deliver by 25th.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l278/gomouse/temp/Picture1.png

tallyho
Oct 25, 2007, 03:56 AM
My UK order shipped on 24 Oct...but it says "Estimated Delivery Date 30 Oct 2007 (Subject to change)". :(

lightwave300k
Oct 25, 2007, 04:20 AM
i ordered for amazon and it says i will get it on 29th. has anyone who ordered from amazon has received or has a shipping notice that says they will get it by 26th:apple:.

Standing Amazed
Oct 25, 2007, 04:51 AM
Mine looks like it's on the way to me. This is from the TNT tracking page:

Date Time Location Status
25 Oct 2007 15:47 Sydney Shipped From Originating Depot
25 Oct 2007 14:46 Sydney Consignment Received At Transit Point

eddyg
Oct 25, 2007, 05:52 AM
Mine looks like it's on the way to me. This is from the TNT tracking page:

Date Time Location Status
25 Oct 2007 14:46 Sydney Consignment Received At Transit Point

Me too - interesting that it originates from Sydney, same as my ATV. Maybe Sydney is the new Asia Pacific hub? Or maybe just for ANZ.

25 Oct 2007 14:16 Sydney Consignment Received At Transit Point

Must be rearing and ready to go on the first plane out of Sydney, although I got to transit point first :)

Cheers, Ed.

messedkid
Oct 25, 2007, 06:19 AM
My UK order shipped on 24 Oct...but it says "Estimated Delivery Date 30 Oct 2007 (Subject to change)". :(

Aye, my order shipped today (24th) and says "Estimated Delivery Date 29 Oct 2007 Shipment on schedule"...:(

Standing Amazed
Oct 25, 2007, 06:27 AM
Me too - interesting that it originates from Sydney, same as my ATV. Maybe Sydney is the new Asia Pacific hub? Or maybe just for ANZ.

25 Oct 2007 14:16 Sydney Consignment Received At Transit Point

Must be rearing and ready to go on the first plane out of Sydney, although I got to transit point first :)

Cheers, Ed.

Apple Australia took over from Renaissaince as distributors here in NZ last December. Since then orders through them have been far quicker than previously

tobytoby
Oct 25, 2007, 06:42 AM

Probably will be UPS - I got iWork a few days ago and that was via UPS...

EDIT: I take that back - someone above in the UK has had it shipped via TNT.

EDIT 2: In fact, that was you CMC 42! Hope mine ships soon too. When did you pre-order?

AJClayton
Oct 25, 2007, 06:49 AM
I'm in the UK and my order says SHIPPED!

On the details screen it says: In Transit to Customer - Shipment on Schedule

Estimated delivery date is 26 October... I'm out tomorrow at work all day and straight out from work in the evening (damn unfortunate timing) but hopefully 'er indoors will be in and sign for the delivery and when I've sobered up on Saturday morning it'll be Leopard-time. :)

Glad I stuck with my pre-order now and didn't bother to go hunting over the weekend as my "local" :apple: Apple Store in Southampton is a 50 mile round trip and the Premium Reseller in Bournemouth doesn't know if they're going to have any copies at all until NEXT WEEK!

Edit: Out of interest I pre-ordered Leopard on October 16 and the Apple Web site says TNT is delivering the package (iLife 08 came via UPS so this was a surprise)

ANTMUZ
Oct 25, 2007, 07:19 AM
So I'm in the UK and I ordered my Leopard as part of the Up To Date program on October 16th. It's still showing 'Not yet shipped' and 'Estimated Shipping: OCTOBER 26TH'.

Has anyone in the UK got the dispatch message yet through the UTD program? Im guessing because UTD might be slightly different packaging ours might not actually ship till tomorrow.

tallyho
Oct 25, 2007, 07:34 AM
Mine says it's shipped by TNT!
Shipped on: Oct 24, 2007
Estimated Delivery Date 26 Oct 2007 (Subject to change)
Current Delivery Status In Transit to Customer - Shipment on Schedule 25 Oct 2007
(This is the full version (well the HE discount), not the up-to-date version).

blipper
Oct 25, 2007, 08:27 AM
Mine says FedEx.

majordude
Oct 25, 2007, 08:55 AM
Mine says FedEx.

Mine too. Which is good. Because if it absolutely, positively has to be there overnight (which it does), ship FedEx.

dansgil
Oct 25, 2007, 09:05 AM
Now I'm worried I'm not going to get mine by Friday. The Purolator site now says "U.S.A. GROUND LINEHAUL" and when I called they said 3-5 business days! :(

primalman
Oct 25, 2007, 09:13 AM

As others have said, I'm calling you on this too.

I got my Tiger delivery, via FedEx. at about 1pm launch day. I got my Panther delvery, via FedEx, about 10am launch day. Apple could not afford to force FedEx to have either half their fleet wait to deliver anything until 6pm, or to re-run the routes after 6pm, Apple would have to burn through many tens of millions of dollars of all that cash reserve or make us each pay about $250 for a scheduled freight delivery.

Simply not true bub.

ViperDesign
Oct 25, 2007, 09:22 AM
Shipped on: Oct 25, 2007 via FEDERAL EXPRESS

Got my shipment release authorization signed and ready :)

outlyer
Oct 25, 2007, 09:28 AM
Now I'm worried I'm not going to get mine by Friday. The Purolator site now says "U.S.A. GROUND LINEHAUL" and when I called they said 3-5 business days! :(

I can't figure out why Apple continues to use Purolator in Canada. They are completely and spectacularly unreliable. I've never had a shipment from them delivered on time. Ever. Either they can't figure out how to use the buzzer or they simply miss the delivery date for no reason.

I'm in the same boat as you, so we'll be lucky to get it Monday if even then.

liv4Mac
Oct 25, 2007, 09:34 AM
You will receive Leopard early but the Installer won't allow you to install until 6PM on Friday:D

dansgil
Oct 25, 2007, 09:35 AM
I can't figure out why Apple continues to use Purolator in Canada. They are completely and spectacularly unreliable. I've never had a shipment from them delivered on time. Ever. Either they can't figure out how to use the buzzer or they simply miss the delivery date for no reason.

I'm in the same boat as you, so we'll be lucky to get it Monday if even then.

I also don't know why they always insist in using Purolator. I remember when I pre-ordered Tiger, Apple shipped via FedEx and everything was fine.

If I don't get mine by Friday, I'm going to have to call Apple to complain. I didn't order it early to get it late. If I only get it next week, then pre-ordering would have been pointless when I could have bought it on Friday night. :mad:

diamond.g
Oct 25, 2007, 09:52 AM
Mine has been shipped!!! Should get here tommorrow. I am in NoVA...

josbo235
Oct 25, 2007, 10:05 AM
Mine just shipped via FedEx.

What I find a bit disconcerting is that FedEx is (hopefully...) reusing tracking numbers. Apparently my leopard disc arrived a year ago to some guy in NOVATO, CA. Maybe Time Machine just went a little crazy. Hooray for jokes that aren't funny.

primalman
Oct 25, 2007, 10:12 AM
Mine just shipped via FedEx.

What I find a bit disconcerting is that FedEx is (hopefully...) reusing tracking numbers. Apparently my leopard disc arrived a year ago to some guy in NOVATO, CA. Maybe Time Machine just went a little crazy. Hooray for jokes that aren't funny.

Kinda funny really. Maybe Time Machine is more robust a delete-or-throw-away-and-get-it-back solution than we all thought! It works in your office, kitchen, bathroom and garage!

XM Rules
Oct 25, 2007, 10:23 AM
Got my shipping notice today as well -- From TX to DC by 10.30 on Friday. Bringing my macbook to work to load it! The other machines will get it tomorrow night (yes, it's a family pack!!0...

pavelbure
Oct 25, 2007, 10:46 AM
i ordered mine through amazon. i just opted for the free shipping.

Items not yet shipped:
Delivery estimate: November 6, 2007

* 1 of: Apple Mac OS X Version 10.5 Leopard
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

now this seems really late, but, i have ordered stuff from them before and it has come well before what they stated. i'm guessing i will get it mon. or tue. which is no big deal to me.

ivi7
Oct 25, 2007, 10:52 AM
Ship date
Oct 25, 2007
Estimated delivery
Oct 26, 2007 by 10:30 AM

Shipping Fedex

I just hope its here in the morning

mspman
Oct 25, 2007, 10:57 AM
Mine hasn't shipped yet. :( It says "Shipping Method: Priority Overnite", so I'm assuming it'll get shipped sometime today.

SwiftLives
Oct 25, 2007, 11:05 AM
Hoping it comes tomorrow. I ordered from Apple, and as of noon today, it hasn't yet shipped. I actually have a legitimate need for it.

On Tuesday, my iMac arbitraily decided that my admin password was no longer valid. I know how to fix this - pop in my Tiger disk and reset the admin password.

Alas, my Tiger disk got eaten when we moved a few months ago.

So, if I ever want to access my computer again, I kinda need a bootable Leopard disc.

Granted, my fear is that when I go to reset the admin password, that it will either tell me I'm using the wrong version of OS X...or that I need an admin password to reset the admin password.

Maybe I'm being cynical again.

crawdad62
Oct 25, 2007, 11:21 AM
I just received my shipping notification email from Apple. FedEx still doesn't have it in the system yet. We have a FedEx hub here (Indy) so it's probably already there or in Nashville.

I just ordered a Nike+ sensor and when it shipped it didn't come from CA (or elsewhere) but came directly from Nashville. I"m not sure how Apple does warehousing but I'll bet most of the Leopard discs are already in the shipment chain.

thunderclap
Oct 25, 2007, 11:27 AM
Same here. Just got a notice that Leopard shipped and I should expect it tomorrow. Oh joy!

briansanderson
Oct 25, 2007, 11:50 AM
:confused:

My Order Status still says "Prepared for Shipment". Also they still have not billed my cc yet either. I preordered this (family edition) on the same day they announced it also. The shipping status still says: Ships by: DELIVERS ON OCTOBER 26TH though.

I am wondering if I should start getting a little worried about receiving this on Friday.

Going to wait a bit to see if I receive the email from the apple store before I start making some phone calls.

crees!
Oct 25, 2007, 11:52 AM
Ship date
Oct 25, 2007
Estimated delivery
Oct 26, 2007 by 10:30 AM

Shipping Fedex

I just hope its here in the morning

I just got this update too! Shipping from SCHAUMBURG, IL.

crawdad62
Oct 25, 2007, 11:56 AM
That's funny you mention your credit card not being charged. I was on my bank site about a week ago and notice Apple charged my card already. I think it was about the time the order status changed to "Prepared to ship." Normally they'll charge a dollar or something (I assume to verify the account) but this was for the whole amount. Never did check again to see whether or not it was there after that.

I checked my tracking and it's updated. It says it left Nashville at 9:50 am today. And yeah my order says delivery before 10:30 am too.