PDA

View Full Version : Mac OS X Leopard Retail Box Video

MacRumors
Oct 24, 2007, 10:50 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)

After several user reports of early Mac OS X Leopard deliveries, we've been anxiously awaiting the traditional unboxing photos for the retail box of Leopard. While, typically unrevealing, there's a certain satisfying closure to finally see the contents of the shipping retail box.

http://images.macrumors.com/article/2007/10/24/retailbox_300.png
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNcfMG0nwY4)

As it turns out, Apple has stepped it up with the Leopard retail box as this YouTube video shows (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNcfMG0nwY4). Leopard appears to come in a small DVD-sized box, with a large "X" on the front. The "X" appears to float above the Leopard desktop photo (http://www.flickr.com/photos/7700872@N02/1721656068/) and has a holographic effect when you move the box back and forth.

Mac OS X Leopard will be launching on Friday, October 26th at 6 p.m.

Stills of the retail box from Flickr post (http://flickr.com/photos/10196795@N03/1737209919/)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2324/1737209919_e1151ecb25.jpg?v=0

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2290/1738062694_57e657a08b.jpg?v=0

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2028/1738065400_70741a8294.jpg?v=0

Article Link (http://www.macrumors.com/2007/10/24/mac-os-x-leopard-retail-box-video/)

chubad
Oct 24, 2007, 10:54 PM
The cat is out of the bag!

monke
Oct 24, 2007, 10:56 PM
Oooo. Me like. Where can I get mine? ;)

Wait, this made the front page? :p

pknz
Oct 24, 2007, 10:58 PM
Oh it looks pretty.

thejadedmonkey
Oct 24, 2007, 11:00 PM
ooh, I want a box. who cares about the software inside, that box is freakin' cool! ;)

Multimedia
Oct 24, 2007, 11:01 PM
It's about time! Proof the PHOTO Thread is bogus fully of liars.

skinnylegs
Oct 24, 2007, 11:04 PM
This is one of those threads that perplexes me. None of the posts appear negative but the header says two negative posts. I don't get it?

queshy
Oct 24, 2007, 11:08 PM
So, looks like the beans were spilt on leopard's TOP SECRET features!

Haha, I love the box art though.

Farani
Oct 24, 2007, 11:08 PM
Is there a way I can impregnate that box so it can have my children because that cover is HAwwwwt!

xUKHCx
Oct 24, 2007, 11:09 PM
That looks like a keeper to me.

stoutboy1
Oct 24, 2007, 11:14 PM
This is one of those threads that perplexes me. None of the posts appear negative but the header says two negative posts. I don't get it?

I wouldn't bring that up people usually start getting sensitive. Its their right and all to vote that way.
I cant figure it out either I asked the question to no avail the other day.

Quillz
Oct 24, 2007, 11:24 PM
The packaging sure is beautiful. Kind of makes me wonder how Apple is going to top all of this with 10.6. After all, how can you best the final frontier?

hadleydb
Oct 24, 2007, 11:26 PM
I wish I did have a "Time Machine" so I can go to the future and get Leopard!!!!:D

chubad
Oct 24, 2007, 11:29 PM
The packaging sure is beautiful. Kind of makes me wonder how Apple is going to top all of this with 10.6. After all, how can you best the final frontier?
By going to another dimension.:apple:

psychofreak
Oct 24, 2007, 11:30 PM

I'm hoping 10.6 will be downloadable...

ParisParamus
Oct 24, 2007, 11:32 PM
Is hilarious. Is there torture going on in the background? To latin musica?

SiliconAddict
Oct 24, 2007, 11:49 PM
I miss the days of real boxes. Yes the smaller boxes save Apple money. Yes they save Apple shipping costs. Yes they cut down on paper use by using less material. And I understand that there isn't nearly as much "stuff" to put in there anymore. Still. Its an irrational thing. I just wish Apple had shipped a real manual in a DVD case sized box. *shrugs* as if it really matters.

cparker
Oct 24, 2007, 11:57 PM
Wow, the hand motion rotating the box back and forth sure appears snappier.

MacinDoc
Oct 24, 2007, 11:58 PM
I can't believe we're so pathetic that the retail box of Leopard is a news story... ;)

VengenousFury
Oct 24, 2007, 11:58 PM
Here's something to keep you all occupied/amused while waiting for the delivery guy/gal.

http://www.rathergood.com/looking

VengenousFury
Oct 25, 2007, 12:11 AM
Is hilarious. Is there torture going on in the background? To latin musica?

Not sure about the torture, but if I'm not mistaken, the music playing in the background is Dire Straits' "Your Latest Trick" from the album "Brothers in Arms." :)

kickme
Oct 25, 2007, 12:11 AM
And I am likely to get it before you (:

(Finally, living in New Zealand has an advantage)

See Flat
Oct 25, 2007, 12:12 AM
Just received this a few minutes ago....

Apple Store

Shipment Notification

We wanted to let you know that your order has shipped.

Best regards,
The Apple Store Team

Order Date:
OCT 16, 2007

Shipment Date:
OCT 24, 2007

Delivers by:
OCT 25, 2007

irahodges
Oct 25, 2007, 12:14 AM

I'm hoping 10.6 will be downloadable...

10.6 won't be downloadable. WE will be downloadable INTO 10.6 :p

phungy
Oct 25, 2007, 12:15 AM
Oh snap! I can't wait!

al256
Oct 25, 2007, 12:27 AM
I miss the days of real boxes. Yes the smaller boxes save Apple money. Yes they save Apple shipping costs. Yes they cut down on paper use by using less material. And I understand that there isn't nearly as much "stuff" to put in there anymore. Still. Its an irrational thing. I just wish Apple had shipped a real manual in a DVD case sized box. *shrugs* as if it really matters.

LOL. I *MISS* the days when Microsoft would cut down a small forrest for one box and all the manuals included in it. :0 At least that way, I felt I some how got my money's worth of *something*

applefan69
Oct 25, 2007, 12:38 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A110a Safari/419.3)

oh very pretty!! I'm dying to get my hands on that.IMO the iPhone box is the nicest box apple has made.

koobcamuk
Oct 25, 2007, 12:46 AM
And I am likely to get it before you (:

(Finally, living in New Zealand has an advantage)

I am positive that New Zealand is better than England for more reasons than that!

sulhaq
Oct 25, 2007, 12:48 AM
Mine still hasn't shipped! :( I ordered on the 20th. Still says "prepared for shipment" which it has been saying for the past 3 days. No fair. I am so damn impatient right now. I guess I have to wait till friday. =(

Btw. the box looks awesome. The holographic effect is very nice.

SiliconAddict
Oct 25, 2007, 12:51 AM
I can't believe we're so pathetic that the retail box of Leopard is a news story... ;)

What is this we thing you speak of. :p

I've never done an unboxing party and never will. The only reason I even keep any of my boxes is it makes the product more sellable (Is that even a word?) when I got to upgrade. Case in point my Cybershot 707 just went for $250 to go towards a Canon DSLR. Now all I need is Aperture 2.0 :p

SiliconAddict
Oct 25, 2007, 01:03 AM
Mine still hasn't shipped! :( I ordered on the 20th. Still says "prepared for shipment" which it has been saying for the past 3 days. No fair. I am so damn impatient right now. I guess I have to wait till friday. =(

Btw. the box looks awesome. The holographic effect is very nice.

Dude get a freaking grip. :rolleyes: Its in a hold status so you don't get it before the release date. That is all. As I said before it's probably in a hold status in a UPS/DHL/Fedex depot somewhere. $10 says if you try and enter the tracking # when you get the package it will show the originating location being not California but where ever the closest shipping depot is to your shipping address.

offwidafairies
Oct 25, 2007, 01:05 AM
That video is really lame. The stills look great though.
It's a pity I won't get Leopard for at least another week though. I ordered a new MBP and I'm still waiting for it to ship. I assume it will come with Leopard pre-installed. It's deliver date is Nov 6-9
:(

sulhaq
Oct 25, 2007, 01:15 AM
Dude get a freaking grip. :rolleyes: Its in a hold status so you don't get it before the release date. That is all. As I said before it's probably in a hold status in a UPS/DHL/Fedex depot somewhere. $10 says if you try and enter the tracking # when you get the package it will show the originating location being not California but where ever the closest shipping depot is to your shipping address.

I was referring to See Flat's comment. As you can plainly see it says: "Deliver's by: Oct. 25th" which is 1 day earlier than the launch date. It is possible this is just an estimation but also possible he'll get it on the 25th as backed up by earlier reports of some people that have already gotten their hands on it. I suggest you think before lecturing someone on mail delivery options as I am well aware of how courier companies operate. Even if it does get held up by the courier companies I can still hope/dream and express my opinion of it because I am really excited. That is all. I do not need to "get a grip" as it were.

jonswan
Oct 25, 2007, 01:23 AM
Ugh, purple! The world's ugliest colour. Still, it won't stop me buying it tomorrow.

kresh
Oct 25, 2007, 01:37 AM
**NOTE TO SELF** - "Wow this is almost like a mental disease, getting all excited over pictures of retail boxes and DVDs."

**NOTE TO OTHERS** - Wahoo. Thanks for the vid and pics. Keep it up, can't get enough! Any pics of Leopard Server?

chr1s60
Oct 25, 2007, 01:40 AM
It's a nice looking box. I hope mine will be delivered early on Friday.

queshy
Oct 25, 2007, 01:46 AM
I'm hoping for a delivery tomorrow morning :)

polyesterlester
Oct 25, 2007, 01:51 AM
Is there a way I can impregnate that box so it can have my children because that cover is HAwwwwt!

Probably not, but it still wouldn't stop me from making love to it.

Quillz
Oct 25, 2007, 01:55 AM
**NOTE TO SELF** - "Wow this is almost like a mental disease, getting all excited over pictures of retail boxes and DVDs."

**NOTE TO OTHERS** - Wahoo. Thanks for the vid and pics. Keep it up, can't get enough! Any pics of Leopard Server?
I'd imagine the box would be largely similar, it would just say "Server" instead. The desktop is the same, too, only it features a blue-hued Aurora wallpaper.

isoMorpheus
Oct 25, 2007, 02:01 AM
Tomorrow is Thursday, and Leopard goes on sale on Friday, which is a day AFTER tomorrow. Just so somebody with a delusion here who says they are getting one tomorrow.

Infinity
Oct 25, 2007, 02:12 AM

Ok that was just...ewww...

Can't wait to get Leopard installed!

PCMacUser
Oct 25, 2007, 02:24 AM
Tomorrow is Thursday, and Leopard goes on sale on Friday, which is a day AFTER tomorrow. Just so somebody with a delusion here who says they are getting one tomorrow.

I'm getting it tomorrow. I live in New Zealand, and since Leopard is going to be released globally at 6pm Friday, we'll get it before the rest of the world.

JPyre
Oct 25, 2007, 02:25 AM
But.... but... Where are the useless software cupons? I feel cheated already. ;)

Gee4orce
Oct 25, 2007, 03:15 AM
Wow - they put Core Animation on the box

(referring to the 3D effect, seen in the YouTube video)

koobcamuk
Oct 25, 2007, 03:42 AM
I heard 10.5 is proving a problem if you have two partitions... :eek:

farqueue
Oct 25, 2007, 03:47 AM
Nerd pron:D

Steve Jobs=God
Oct 25, 2007, 04:25 AM
I'm still in bed, but everytime i hear a car door shut i'm praying that it's the delivery guy with my Leopard :D

messedkid
Oct 25, 2007, 04:36 AM
I'm still in bed, but everytime i hear a car door shut i'm praying that it's the delivery guy with my Leopard :D

Imagine how I feel!

I just jumped out of bed (ok..about 3 hours ago), because I heard a delivery truck outside. Rushed to the door......just to get a crappy quilting book for my mom that she ordered from amazon.de :(

Huge disappointment. But my order is still "prepared" so I guess I got my hopes up for nothing.

Willis
Oct 25, 2007, 04:45 AM
Wow.... I want it!!!

PCMacUser
Oct 25, 2007, 04:45 AM
Whilst I'm looking forward to having a copy of Leopard in my hands in less than 20 hours, I can't help but feel that it's going to be a bit of a let-down.

So much hype, but I'm not sure it can meet peoples' expectations.

Darkroom
Oct 25, 2007, 04:57 AM
everyone who's getting 10.5 do all yourselves a big favour and perform a CLEAN INSTALL... "upgrade" is bad...

(i have a feeling there are going to be lots of angry reaction this weekend of how 10.5 doesn't perform as well as one might expect, especially from those who select Upgrade installs)

Passante
Oct 25, 2007, 05:06 AM
Even though I'm planning to be at the Apple store tomorrow night for the Leopard kick off I think a MacRumors story about the retail box is a little silly. :o

lindmar
Oct 25, 2007, 06:03 AM
everyone who's getting 10.5 do all yourselves a big favour and perform a CLEAN INSTALL... "upgrade" is bad...

(i have a feeling there are going to be lots of angry reaction this weekend of how 10.5 doesn't perform as well as one might expect, especially from those who select Upgrade installs)

Really really really! agree with this!
I used backup to backup important stuff to .mac.
I used an external to backup other files.

Did a full clean wipe/install.

This macbook is truly like a brand new computer. No more silly Windows partition either. I'm going back to mac is a mac is a mac and pc sucks.

Evangelion
Oct 25, 2007, 06:07 AM

Um, the number of "positives" and "negatives" does not reflect the number of positive and negative posts in the discussion... Someone could vote negative, yet not make any comments in the actual discussion.

twoodcc
Oct 25, 2007, 06:07 AM
box looks nice to me :) can't wait

gkarris
Oct 25, 2007, 06:10 AM
I just can't...

As a collector, if I buy it, I'm not even going to open it... :eek:

giganten
Oct 25, 2007, 06:14 AM
Very nice box.

But should I buy Leopard?

mikeh123
Oct 25, 2007, 06:17 AM
First impressions pretty good.

I was really worried about about filemaker after filemaker saying it doesn't work but I can confirm Filemaker 8 is working ok so far.

We got our copy this morning so am currently testing with apps etc for our clients.

ronipe
Oct 25, 2007, 06:29 AM
if i decide to wait to buy a mac when leopard is already pre-installed, can i still get this nice holographic case or just in a cd slip like the ones that come with the mac with tiger pre-installed?

paola105
Oct 25, 2007, 06:29 AM
As usual Apple packaging is great. I can't wait to get mine!

Eric Lewis
Oct 25, 2007, 06:41 AM
i just peed a little bit staring at that sexi box..

too much exictment for one day

phillipjfry
Oct 25, 2007, 06:45 AM
I feel I should deliver such news. On apple's website, it now says that Leopard is shipping Oct 26th. But the tag below it says Delivers Oct 26th. Can they really get a copy shipped out before tomorrow?

Infinity
Oct 25, 2007, 07:16 AM

True That!

Its why I've been backing up all my stuff from iMac and MBP for the better part of the day. And When Leopard is installed, its the last time I'm doing a backup like this of this sort again; it'll be all taken care of with Time Machine.

thecritix
Oct 25, 2007, 07:25 AM
True That!

Its why I've been backing up all my stuff from iMac and MBP for the better part of the day. And When Leopard is installed, its the last time I'm doing a backup like this of this sort again; it'll be all taken care of with Time Machine.

Don't you think though that Time Machine needs to be absolutely reliable, it'll only take rumours of crashes, and i'll start traditionally backing up, (or not more likely) and the whole exercise will be ruined.

Luap
Oct 25, 2007, 07:29 AM
After several user reports of early Mac OS X Leopard deliveries, we've been anxiously awaiting the traditional unboxing photos for the retail box of Leopard.

Sorry, What? Since when has it been traditional? I don't remember all this hype for Tiger, or Panther... This "unboxing" nonsense just keeps the new wave Mac dorks moist & happy. And here you are fueling it.
Never before has Apple been surrounded in such nerdmanship :o

Dont get me wrong, Im looking forward to Leopard, as I have said in other threads before. But I wont be going to any dorky release 'parties', taking days off work to install it or wetting myself and making videos while "unboxing" it.
Come on guys, get a grip, its embarrassing!

Gators Fan
Oct 25, 2007, 07:42 AM
A floating X, you say?

Brilliant!

My life will soon be complete.

aliquis-
Oct 25, 2007, 07:44 AM
I miss the days of real boxes. Yes the smaller boxes save Apple money. Yes they save Apple shipping costs. Yes they cut down on paper use by using less material. And I understand that there isn't nearly as much "stuff" to put in there anymore. Still. Its an irrational thing. I just wish Apple had shipped a real manual in a DVD case sized box. *shrugs* as if it really matters.Yeah, should be large boxes (think computer book sized) with DVD AND manuals. Lame that there are no OS X manual. (I guess there are lots of books one could buy if one was needed thought.)

Maybe it's part of no instructions needed, but they are!

bytethese
Oct 25, 2007, 07:53 AM
You know, I walk in my office everyday at 8am. I get a coffee, OJ and a buttered everything bagel and sit at my desk. I launch Firefox and head to Macrumors like I do every morning. Nothing funnier than to see everyone get all hopped up about a box, about it being purple and even Dave Chappelle was brought in the thread. :)

Personalyl I'm going to wait until my office buys it and see how it works before I take the leap. :)

Sijmen
Oct 25, 2007, 07:59 AM
27:01 left here in the Netherlands before the stores start selling Leopard :) (buying retail)

None Such
Oct 25, 2007, 07:59 AM

I honestly think people are confused when they see "positive" and "negative". Maybe they think that by clicking it, they're going to read all the negative said about it.

greenmymac
Oct 25, 2007, 08:01 AM
Can Someone confirm the build of this one that will be released ( i hope it is
9a581

aliquis-
Oct 25, 2007, 08:14 AM
if i decide to wait to buy a mac when leopard is already pre-installed, can i still get this nice holographic case or just in a cd slip like the ones that come with the mac with tiger pre-installed?I would assume you just get the normal small black box which says engineered in california or whatever.

DavidLeblond
Oct 25, 2007, 08:27 AM

Are you saying "upgrade" is bad on Leopard, or are you basing this off of Tiger experiences?

Cause I don't really have the option for a clean install... have no place to copy all my files.

Roy Hobbs
Oct 25, 2007, 08:30 AM
Are you saying "upgrade" is bad on Leopard, or are you basing this off of Tiger experiences?

Cause I don't really have the option for a clean install... have no place to copy all my files.

Personally I would never do an upgrade install without backing up my current data.

richardsim7
Oct 25, 2007, 08:32 AM
When I get my macbook will I get the Leopard box too?! :D

-Rich-

McGarvels
Oct 25, 2007, 08:38 AM

By going to the "undiscovered country"...you know, where we get along with the Klingons and all.

Sure is a sexy box...I want mine today, but alas, I will continue to want.

mikeh123
Oct 25, 2007, 08:48 AM
The one I was sent was build 9A581.

Having trouble with entourage hanging and crashing in exchange mode. Filemaker is fine so far. Speed good after a reboot and leaving it for a while. Some times seems very fast but can get sluggish at times but I have a macbook (first intel) with no graphics card which I don't think helps.

marcfiszman
Oct 25, 2007, 08:55 AM
This, along with the whole Leopard space thing generally, has to be some of the cheesiest design Apple's put out in a long time.

What's next? Colourful toilet seat laptops?

cubman7
Oct 25, 2007, 08:56 AM
So why is everyone saying it is bad to do an upgrade rather than erase and install? Am I going to lose some of the speed if I upgrade. Also does anyone elses order still say "prepared for shipment" a day before it's supposed to come out :(

aafuss1
Oct 25, 2007, 08:57 AM
How many pages is the welcome to Leopard guide?

izzle22
Oct 25, 2007, 08:59 AM
So why is everyone saying it is bad to do an upgrade rather than erase and install? Am I going to lose some of the speed if I upgrade. Also does anyone elses order still say "prepared for shipment" a day before it's supposed to come out :(

Never ever have I had a problem with upgrades and I've done it 5 or 6 times on 3 machines with several Apple OS'(Jaguar, Panther, Tiger) A clean install is a waste of time unless you have done a lot of hacking or installed a lot of strange add ins. Or if you are having problems with your current OS.

Orng
Oct 25, 2007, 09:03 AM
Wow, that box is just like... a box!

It's more than just boxy, it embodies the very essence of boxness.

This thread is like the field trip to the Box Factory on the Simpsons. "No, we just make boxes here"

koobcamuk
Oct 25, 2007, 09:12 AM
It's not.

Upgrade install doesn't work for me either.

This is going to be bad. You heard it here first. 10.5 upgrade does not work properly...

izzle22
Oct 25, 2007, 09:24 AM
It's not.

Upgrade install doesn't work for me either.

This is going to be bad. You heard it here first. 10.5 upgrade does not work properly...

What have you guys done to your machines to cause an upgrade to not work?

kelvinli
Oct 25, 2007, 09:44 AM
can any1 tell me if there will be a keynote launch for the leopard? i'm waiting for an improve macbook pro so that i can buy. i dont want wanna buy now and within the nex month a new mbp come out...

can someone help me=p

GNU is Not Unix
Oct 25, 2007, 09:45 AM
Has anyone noticed if the retail packaging is any snappier?

Jetson
Oct 25, 2007, 09:48 AM
Snap, crackle and pop! :)

DavidLeblond
Oct 25, 2007, 09:53 AM
Has anyone noticed if the retail packaging is any snappier?

The Leopard box is smaller than the Tiger box which means it has less wind resistance so it will fly faster if you throw it.

So, yes.

koobcamuk
Oct 25, 2007, 09:54 AM
What have you guys done to your machines to cause an upgrade to not work?

it's an issue with the file system. Tiger doesnt see anything wrong... Leopard is too vigarous. It installs on a separate partition, but not upgradable. These are retail copies and this is going to be a huge problem for apple...

DavidLeblond
Oct 25, 2007, 10:01 AM
it's an issue with the file system. Tiger doesnt see anything wrong... Leopard is too vigarous. It installs on a separate partition, but not upgradable. These are retail copies and this is going to be a huge problem for apple...

Err... ok so that statement makes no sense whatsoever.

So you picked the volume for Leopard to install on and it went and installed itself on a different volume? And that volume... was... not upgradeable? Read only?

Are you saying that Leopard won't install itself on damaged file systems? I could understand that, and yes in that case you'd probably have to do a clean install... you'd have to do that regardless. I don't see how that will be a huge problem for Apple though.

koobcamuk
Oct 25, 2007, 10:03 AM
Err... ok so that statement makes no sense whatsoever.

So you picked the volume for Leopard to install on and it went and installed itself on a different volume? And that volume... was... not upgradeable? Read only?

Are you saying that Leopard won't install itself on damaged file systems? I could understand that, and yes in that case you'd probably have to do a clean install... you'd have to do that regardless. I don't see how that will be a huge problem for Apple though.

Sorry - posted from my iPhone.

I am saying that Leopard is more vigorous in checking the disk for errors. Tiger won't find any errors. Leopard won't upgrade because it found errors (must be more vigorous?).

A clean install should work - I am trying that now.

izzle22
Oct 25, 2007, 10:06 AM

No one else has had this problem and a lot of people have done upgrades to Leopard including national reviewers. You are the first I've heard this from and believe me I've been reading everything on Leopard installs.

DavidLeblond
I am saying that Leopard is more vigorous in checking the disk for errors. Tiger won't find any errors. Leopard won't upgrade because it found errors (must be more vigorous?).

I imagine that would be a good thing though.

I've installed Windows and had it write a system file to a bad sector before. Not pretty.

mrougeux
Received my shipment notice from Apple just now. Fedex tracking says delivery by 10:30 am tomorrow (Friday).

izzle22
Oct 25, 2007, 10:09 AM
Sorry - posted from my iPhone.

A clean install should work - I am trying that now.

I don't see this as being a big problem in the world. There will be a few issues such as yourself who have disk problems but this will not be widespread. It happens here and there on every OS release.

CANEHDN
Oct 25, 2007, 10:10 AM
We're so close. This is so exciting. ONLY 1 MORE SLEEP!!

shawnce
Oct 25, 2007, 10:14 AM

Leopard installer does a more robust scan of the file system before it attempts an install. It isn't a problem with Leopard but with your existing file system.

It would be best to backup important files and do a clean install... or try a tool like Disk Warrior.

EagerDragon
Oct 25, 2007, 10:24 AM
I'm getting it tomorrow. I live in New Zealand, and since Leopard is going to be released globally at 6pm Friday, we'll get it before the rest of the world.

Since you get it earlier ..... Maybe you can post how all went and how you like it before we wake up.

EagerDragon
Oct 25, 2007, 10:28 AM
I heard 10.5 is proving a problem if you have two partitions... :eek:

I could be wrong .... But Tiger and others to my knowledge only install to a single partition. To my knowledge if you keep /user in a different drive / partition, the install will ignore it. Like I said I could be wrong.

I do prefer how multiple partitions are handled in Linux and how it allows me to partition the drive to my heart content.

EagerDragon
Oct 25, 2007, 10:32 AM
i just peed a little bit staring at that sexi box..

too much exictment for one day

My dog has the same problem when excited.

sulhaq
Oct 25, 2007, 10:33 AM

Mine still says that, as of 11:32am EST. It depends on when you ordered it. the sooner you pre-ordered the earlier yours will ship. Don't worry though, according to the e-mails sent out to apple mailing lists if you ordered before midnight of 24th October you'll get it friday.

vassillios
Oct 25, 2007, 10:36 AM
Here's something to keep you all occupied/amused while waiting for the delivery guy/gal.

http://www.rathergood.com/looking

I like the song, the video is NOT entertaining...it's not even funny.

Slip
Oct 25, 2007, 10:40 AM
Man that is a sexy box
They really do excel them selves when its comes to packaging ey

Oh, and we're all total nerds to be so excited about some new software that we've posted 5 pages worth of comments
But I love it ;)

vassillios
Oct 25, 2007, 10:42 AM

hmmmm, I did an upgrade with 559 with NO problems what so ever. I am, however, going to do a clean install since I have 559 now.

Mac Pro 5GB
Oct 25, 2007, 10:44 AM
What does the welcome screen music sound like? I use the Tiger welcome screen music as a ringtone for my iPhone.

vassillios
Oct 25, 2007, 10:48 AM

I love how one person has a problem and it's going to be a HUGE problem for apple.

hayesk
Oct 25, 2007, 10:49 AM
What does the welcome screen music sound like? I use the Tiger welcome screen music as a ringtone for my iPhone.

According to YouTube, it's the same music as in the current iMac TV commercials (the one where they show the three iMacs rotating).

electronboy
Oct 25, 2007, 10:57 AM
nuff said.

dokein
Oct 25, 2007, 11:04 AM
Hmm, maybe that's what they did with the money they saved by reducing the education discount. Personally, I'd buy it in a sleeve made of brown corrugated cardboard and duct tape if it saved me five bucks... I wouldn't want to see downloadable-only though... Not worth the hassle of burning a backup myself.

Eidorian
Oct 25, 2007, 11:05 AM
Hmm, maybe that's what they did with the money they saved by reducing the education discount. Personally, I'd buy it in a sleeve made of brown corrugated cardboard and duct tape if it saved me five bucks... I wouldn't want to see downloadable-only though... Not worth the hassle of burning a backup myself.Much easier on Tiger since it fits on a single layer disc.

The cardboard box is nice but I really did like the plastic Office 2007 and Vista ones. Only for the packaging. ;)

crees!
Oct 25, 2007, 11:06 AM
Can Someone confirm the build of this one that will be released (i hope it is 9a581) You hope it is so you won't have to download another torrent and reinstall to have the retail version. The intentions behind your post are very obvious.

snugharbor
Oct 25, 2007, 11:06 AM
Just received this a few minutes ago....

Apple Store

Shipment Notification

We wanted to let you know that your order has shipped.

Best regards,
The Apple Store Team

Order Date:
OCT 16, 2007

Shipment Date:
OCT 24, 2007

Delivers by:
OCT 25, 2007

1 day 8 hours to go still have (ordered 10 days ago):

Not yet shipped
Product Qty.
MAC OS X 10.5 UTD FULFILLMENT-INT
Ships by: OCTOBER 26TH

koobcamuk
Oct 25, 2007, 11:09 AM
I love how one person has a problem and it's going to be a HUGE problem for apple.

Just wait.

khunsanook
Oct 25, 2007, 11:14 AM
You hope it is so you won't have to download another torrent and reinstall to have the retail version. The intentions behind your post are very obvious.

haha - busted! :p

WildPalms
Oct 25, 2007, 11:32 AM

What a bunch of horse-hockey. Total nonsense.

greenmymac
Oct 25, 2007, 11:33 AM
haha - busted! :p

im not trying to hide anything i have already downloaded 9a581 from a newsgroup im just making sure its the final version

Orng
Oct 25, 2007, 11:42 AM
Can Someone confirm the build of this one that will be released ( i hope it is
9a581
You hope it is so you won't have to download another torrent and reinstall to have the retail version. The intentions behind your post are very obvious.

Ha ha!

I can just see this guy... "y'know, I think it's probably easiest to use the last four digits of your phone number for passwords and PIN numbers... what do YOU do?"

"Nice store you got here... so you've got, what, five security cameras? Are they all real or are some of them just for show?"

pagansoul
Oct 25, 2007, 11:55 AM
Play nice.

Kurt871
Oct 25, 2007, 11:57 AM
The guy's not trying to hide anything - how he got Leopard is his own business; trying to make him feel bad about it isn't anything but trolling. He asked a legitimate question from people who are pretty much expert in these things. Rather than criticizing, how about just answering him?

nvbrit
Oct 25, 2007, 11:58 AM
im not trying to hide anything i have already downloaded 9a581 from a newsgroup im just making sure its the final version

Admitting on a forum that you are illegally downloading copies of Leopard is not really the brightest thing to do :rolleyes:

psychofreak
Oct 25, 2007, 12:00 PM
With 24 hours to go, my package is "Still Not Shipped" :(

Maybe I should have resorted to piracy two days ago...

happydude
Oct 25, 2007, 12:04 PM
hope i'm still getting it tomorrow!!

for those saying to clean install it, is that really really necessary? also, when doing clean installs in the past, i've had trouble preserving Mail.app in its original form. often times i'll get whole mail boxes saying something about "the account being offline" and the message not showing up. what is the best way to make sure all my mail messages transfer over should i do a clean install?!

Nerdowl
Oct 25, 2007, 12:04 PM
If I clean install: Will Leopard leave my Windows Partition alone? I don't want to faff around installing Vista again.

(I should hope it wouldn't touch it but thought it best to double check :) )

stoutboy1
Oct 25, 2007, 12:15 PM
I just got my shipment notification. Its shipping from Chicago, is that normal? I thought it would ship from California. I live in Utah... Hurray it will be here tomorrow. Looks like Ill get in a few extra hours while people wait in line...:D:D:D

Orng
Oct 25, 2007, 12:19 PM
I just got my shipment notification. Its shipping from Chicago, is that normal? I thought it would ship from California. I live in Utah... Hurray it will be here tomorrow. Looks like Ill get in a few extra hours while people wait in line...:D:D:D

I don't know for sure but somebody on some forum said that, because many of the packages were sort of shipped early with a "hold till friday" arrangement, the tracking site will indicate your nearest distribution centre as the source. I don't know why and I don't know the technical details of the tracking system or how shipping works, but that's what I read. Maybe someone with more thorough insight into the world of Fedex can explain why.

If I clean install: Will Leopard leave my Windows Partition alone? I don't want to faff around installing Vista again.

(I should hope it wouldn't touch it but thought it best to double check :) )

As far as I know your partition will be untouched. But I don't have a Windows partition so I haven't tried it myself, so, please note my signature and proceed accordingly.

gamac
Oct 25, 2007, 12:28 PM
The guy's not trying to hide anything - how he got Leopard is his own business; trying to make him feel bad about it isn't anything but trolling. He asked a legitimate question from people who are pretty much expert in these things. Rather than criticizing, how about just answering him?

Hey everyone, I just got back from the Apple store where some real dummy left a case of OS-X Leopard boxes just sitting there. So, natch, I five fingered a couple. Nice price $0. Anyway, I did not want to hide anything from you guys, and I am going to be very surprised if anyone criticizes my ethics or character.

Oh by the way... I also kicked a small puppy into traffic as I was leaving the store... have a nice day.

:rolleyes:

majordude
Oct 25, 2007, 12:37 PM
So, natch, I five fingered a couple. Nice price $0. Anyway, I did not want to hide anything from you guys, and I am going to be very surprised if anyone criticizes my ethics or character.

Message from the MacRumor's Confessional and Deity Department:

http://www.victimlessblasphemy.com/templates/subSilver/images/logo_phpBB.gif

nvbrit
Oct 25, 2007, 12:38 PM

He just admitted he downloaded it from a newsgroup so obvisouly it's not a legit copy he has and obviously he DID want to know if he needed to download a newer build :eek:

kitki83
Oct 25, 2007, 12:44 PM
Hello,

Just wondering has there been consistent reports (more than one person) that Leopard and CS3 are compatible? Just debating if I should wait or just duke it out a month, problem is I got rid of my second monitor for Leopard spaces and I really need that functionality.

Thank you

ps. I thought people who talked about having an illegal copy of OS, the post gets deleted and perma banned?

sedarby
Oct 25, 2007, 12:51 PM
Hey everyone, I just got back from the Apple store where some real dummy left a case of OS-X Leopard boxes just sitting there. So, natch, I five fingered a couple. Nice price $0. Anyway, I did not want to hide anything from you guys, and I am going to be very surprised if anyone criticizes my ethics or character.

Oh by the way... I also kicked a small puppy into traffic as I was leaving the store... have a nice day.

Brave, very brave. Why just a couple? Why didn't you just grab the box and run for it! :p

gamac
Oct 25, 2007, 01:00 PM
Brave, very brave. Why just a couple? Why didn't you just grab the box and run for it! :p

It appeared obvious to me. However, I guess from now on since at least two people missed it, I really need to label any posts like this one with the "sarcasm" label.

NOTE: If you did not miss it, and were being funny (in that case I missed it), then I apologize.

GeekLawyer
Oct 25, 2007, 01:01 PM
Anyway... meanwhile in the world of things that matter...

I just got my shipping notice email from Apple. :)

Shipment Date:
OCT 25, 2007

Delivers by:
OCT 26, 2007

Carrier Name:
FEDERAL EXPRESS

Tracking Number(s):
NUNYA

DavidLeblond
Oct 25, 2007, 01:03 PM

I can't believe you STOLE FROM APPLE!!!!

Good for you on the dog part though.

(cat person)

sedarby
Oct 25, 2007, 01:03 PM
It appeared obvious to me. However, I guess from now on since at least two people missed it, I really need to label any posts like this one with the "sarcasm" label.

NOTE: If you did not miss it, and were being funny (in that case I missed it), then I apologize.

Yes, I was trying to be funny, hence the :p at the end. No worries.

messedkid
Oct 25, 2007, 01:10 PM
Delivery Status Widget :D:D:D

MAC OSX 10.5 RETAIL-DEU
In transit to customer - Shipment on Schedule
Delivery in 1 day
Updated Oct 25th at 8PM.

:D:D:D

kddpop
Oct 25, 2007, 01:13 PM
i convinced my dad to buy an imac (after many years of encouragement)
he ordered an update copy of leopard but he doesnt want to install it. he's concerned about him and my mom not being able to learn something new again so soon after just getting comfortable with tiger. so he's giving the upgrade to me.

does anyone have any news about when these upgrades are shipping? im assuming i'll have to wait a week or so. just curious.

~kyle

iTunesFreak5454
Oct 25, 2007, 01:26 PM
Cool! Apple shipped my order of Leopard today so it'll be here tomorrow! :)

You guys don't think I'll have a problem with Quicken '07 Personal Edition do you? It worked great on Tiger.

Darkroom
Oct 25, 2007, 01:33 PM
Hello,

Just wondering has there been consistent reports (more than one person) that Leopard and CS3 are compatible? Just debating if I should wait or just duke it out a month, problem is I got rid of my second monitor for Leopard spaces and I really need that functionality.

Thank you

ps. I thought people who talked about having an illegal copy of OS, the post gets deleted and perma banned?

if Adobe's CS3 didn't work with Mac OS 10.5, it would be a massive error on apple's part... i can assure you that CS3 works very well with leopard...

nvbrit
Oct 25, 2007, 01:35 PM
he ordered an update copy of leopard but he doesnt want to install it. he's concerned about him and my mom not being able to learn something new again so soon after just getting comfortable with tiger. so he's giving the upgrade to me.

does anyone have any news about when these upgrades are shipping? im assuming i'll have to wait a week or so. just curious.

~kyle

There is no such thing as an 'upgrade' copy, all copies of Leopard, Tiger etc are the same... they can be used for full install or upgrade

kddpop
Oct 25, 2007, 01:37 PM
There is no such thing as an 'upgrade' copy, all copies of Leopard, Tiger etc are the same... they can be used for full install or upgrade

right, i understand that. but my dad went through the "up to date" program to get a $10 copy of leopard. im just curious as to when the up to date copies will ship.

thanks for your reply.

~kyle

nvbrit
Oct 25, 2007, 01:40 PM

right, i understand that. but my dad went through the "up to date" program to get a $10 copy of leopard. im just curious as to when the up to date copies will ship.

thanks for your reply.

~kyle

As with all the questions asked here about 'when' Leopard is going to ship, if you ordered from Apple your best bet is to watch the tracking information provided or contact The Apple Store customer service as I am sure they can give you that information.

EagerDragon
Oct 25, 2007, 01:47 PM
Can you start a new thread for first impression with Leopard?

Some of the people overseas are getting their package a lot earlier so they can post what they found out.

See Flat
Oct 25, 2007, 01:53 PM
I was referring to See Flat's comment. As you can plainly see it says: "Deliver's by: Oct. 25th" which is 1 day earlier than the launch date.

Tracking number does show as being picked up in the US on the 24th (im in Canada) and tracking courrier info does say it expects to deliver by the 25th. I dont really expect it to be here before friday, although, im pretty sure it will be before the 6p, launch time. When I ordered Tiger, it got here on the release day in the afternoon.

eastcoastsurfer
Just checked Apples site. My copy of leopard has shipped and will be here tomorrow before 10:30am. I ordered it on the first day of pre-orders if anyone is curious.

kddpop
As with all the questions asked here about 'when' Leopard is going to ship, if you ordered from Apple your best bet is to watch the tracking information provided or contact The Apple Store customer service as I am sure they can give you that information.

thanks again for your reply.

i haven't bugged my dad for the tracking number as he doesnt really get why someone would be so anxious about a new OS. so i don't have the info with which to track his specific shipment.

what im asking, i guess, is if anyone who ordered the up to date disc has received shipment notification.

thanks in advance,
~kyle

princealfie
Oct 25, 2007, 01:54 PM
what's the point of hologram? seriously I'm more interested in its performance.

Multimedia
Oct 25, 2007, 01:55 PM

~kylePlease tell your dad that I will personally help him with Leopard's iChat remote control if he needs any help figuring out that Leopard is not radically different than Tiger and the learning curve is only about more features not changes to what he already knows. He's gotta install it NOW.

jicon
Oct 25, 2007, 01:56 PM
I dunno what to think at this point other than:

1. I am not and never will be impressed by a shiny box.

2. Please ensure Leopard is fast.
3. Fix finder. Windows Explorer seems to always be a better interface for copying/moving files. There is no shame in copying that interface
4. Don't lock me in to file formats, please. Maintain backwards compatibility where possible.

evilspoons
Oct 25, 2007, 01:58 PM
there's a certain satisfying closure in finally seeing the contents of the retail box.

Are you serious? It's a BOX. "Satisfying closure" to me will be all the same people crying about how their Mac spontaneously murders puppies due to some critical error they haven't worked out.

Yes, I have ordered Leopard for my Macbook Pro. Yes, I will install it as soon as I get it and I will enjoy the new features, and it very well might be the best Mac OS yet. But take a step back and think about how retarded some of you look. Jeeze.

kddpop
Oct 25, 2007, 02:15 PM
Please tell your dad that I will personally help him with Leopard's iChat remote control if he needs any help figuring out that Leopard is not radically different than Tiger and the learning curve is only about more features not changes to what he already knows. He's gotta install it NOW.

i've told him these very things. but he and mom don't suffer any change very well. and, who am i to argue when it means i'll be getting leopard for $10. and once he sees how killer it is, he'll want it and HE will pay the full retail price...

ok, i'll probably split the cost of upgrading his imac. but still....i get to use leopard now for nearly nothing! woohoo.

so, can any "up-to-dater" let us know what the shipping que is like?

~kyle

johnlsully
Oct 25, 2007, 02:16 PM
It amazes me to see how excited you can get about the packaging. :rolleyes: Just like a child that is more fascinated with the wrapping paper than his actual Christmas present.
Have fun!

cell-gfx
Oct 25, 2007, 02:20 PM
Mine just arrived : http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=4384563&postcount=258

Orng
Oct 25, 2007, 02:22 PM
It amazes me to see how excited you can get about the packaging. :rolleyes: Just like a child that is more fascinated with the wrapping paper than his actual Christmas present.
Have fun!

When I die, I want my coffin to look like the Leopard box.

But then again, once I have Leopard, I'll have Time Machine, and then I won't EVER DIE! :cool:

gamac
Oct 25, 2007, 02:23 PM
Have fun!

Actually, in my experience, children could care less about the wrapper and cannot wait to get to the toy inside. It is the adult who admires the quality of the wrapper as well as the effort/time/care taken by the giver. A well wrapped present is actually a sign of respect.

cell-gfx
Oct 25, 2007, 02:27 PM
Given the elaborate huge boxes that I've been used to during the past 20 years or so (especially the monstrosity that is the Vista boxes), this is the most reserved packaging I've seen.

If the Vista packaging is a Zune, Leoaprd's is an iPod Touch. A shrink-wrapped box, the height of two CD boxes. It contains the DVD and an 80 page manual of which 5 are related to the installation of the OS and the rest to introducing Leopard's features. Very nice!

kddpop
Oct 25, 2007, 02:29 PM
Actually, in my experience, children could care less about the wrapper and cannot wait to get to the toy inside. It is the adult who admires the quality of the wrapper as well as the effort/time/care taken by the giver. A well wrapped present is actually a sign of respect.

well put. it seems to be a stage thing. my kids, when very young, loved to play with paper. now, they just rip em open and let the paper fly. as i age, i do appreciate when someone uses nice paper and takes the time to make the wrapping look nice.

and, not just with apple products, i appreciate when a company puts thought into little things like how their product is boxed and shipped. it's these small details that make buying an apple product an fun experience right down to open up the box.

~kyle

Lesser Evets
Oct 25, 2007, 02:35 PM
F'n HECK! I can't stop touching myself!!! ... pity i am only scratching my feet. But, the pictures are cool. One day to go and it arrives.

I miss the days of real boxes. Yes the smaller boxes save Apple money. Yes they save Apple shipping costs. Yes they cut down on paper use by using less material. And I understand that there isn't nearly as much "stuff" to put in there anymore. Still. Its an irrational thing. I just wish Apple had shipped a real manual in a DVD case sized box.

WTH? They always shipped these titanic boxes that made no sense. I would rather have a smaller box because they end up in the trash. This might be the first keeper because it is so trick.

I wish they had a really comprehensive manual as well. Apple assumes you can use their filthy, unhelpful help menus.

majordude
Oct 25, 2007, 02:44 PM
I wish they had a really comprehensive manual as well. Apple assumes you can use their filthy, unhelpful help menus.

Instruction Manual:

1. Turn on Apple computer.
2. Turn off when finished.

In between, it just works.

drchipinski
Oct 25, 2007, 02:48 PM
Are you serious? It's a BOX. "Satisfying closure" to me will be all the same people crying about how their Mac spontaneously murders puppies due to some critical error they haven't worked out.

Yes, I have ordered Leopard for my Macbook Pro. Yes, I will install it as soon as I get it and I will enjoy the new features, and it very well might be the best Mac OS yet. But take a step back and think about how retarded some of you look. Jeeze.

I totally agree. A box excites people. Come on.

cell-gfx
Oct 25, 2007, 02:51 PM
Instruction Manual:

1. Turn on Apple computer.
2. Turn off when finished.

In between, it just works.

Exactly. That's why the three pages in this book are plenty!

Jazhawk
Oct 25, 2007, 03:08 PM

I guess we never got over our fascination of playing in the box the gift came in as kids. :p

-Jazhawk

Quillz
Oct 25, 2007, 03:17 PM
Given the elaborate huge boxes that I've been used to during the past 20 years or so (especially the monstrosity that is the Vista boxes), this is the most reserved packaging I've seen.

If the Vista packaging is a Zune, Leoaprd's is an iPod Touch. A shrink-wrapped box, the height of two CD boxes. It contains the DVD and an 80 page manual of which 5 are related to the installation of the OS and the rest to introducing Leopard's features. Very nice!
Contradiction? Vista box =/= huge... It's actually smaller than Leopard's box.

cell-gfx
Oct 25, 2007, 03:20 PM
No, it's not. I've got the retail box right here and it's the size of 2 CDs on top of each other. Vista's box (which I also have here) is definitely bigger.

Glenn Wolsey
Oct 25, 2007, 03:37 PM
Please tell your dad that I will personally help him with Leopard's iChat remote control if he needs any help figuring out that Leopard is not radically different than Tiger and the learning curve is only about more features not changes to what he already knows. He's gotta install it NOW.

How will you be installing Multi? Clean, upgrade, or archive & install?

kddpop
Oct 25, 2007, 03:43 PM

i have always just done an upgrade, save for maybe a couple of times when ive done an archive. havent decided how i'm gonna do leopard.
ive never had a single trouble with an upgrade.

i guess i'll use the extra days of waiting for the up to date disc to arrive to see how others fare with the upgrade install.

~kyle

SiliconAddict
Oct 25, 2007, 04:52 PM
F'n HECK! I can't stop touching myself!!! ... pity i am only scratching my feet. But, the pictures are cool. One day to go and it arrives.

WTH? They always shipped these titanic boxes that made no sense. I would rather have a smaller box because they end up in the trash. This might be the first keeper because it is so trick.

I still have the 10.2 box even though I never owned a Mac with 10.2. :P

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/f/fe/Mac_OS_X_Jaguar_Box.jpg

The Apple store happened to be throwing the display boxes out and I asked if I could have one. :) I liked the bigger boxes because some of them aren't just boxes but artwork. Example. Wing Commander 3.

http://www.mobygames.com/images/covers/large/964820923-00.jpg

SiliconAddict
Oct 25, 2007, 04:53 PM

Always clean. I don't care how fool proof the A&I is nuke it from orbit, its the only way to be sure. :p

PS- Sorry mods for the reply after the post. Usually I hit the reply button, type everything out, cut, edit my existing post, then paste so I have the quote as well. Sometimes I forget and hit post instead. :-\

tribulation
Oct 25, 2007, 05:51 PM
obviously not the handiest way to install an OS update but in the old days a clean install was always recommended. is this still the best way to do it?
with a 750gb boot drive it will not be very easy for me to back it up first but if it makes a big difference i will find a way. will it? does anybody know? tks

RiKo121
Oct 25, 2007, 06:19 PM
for people that are saying a box is just a box and dont care about how pretty it looks are wrong, the box is everything if the box is well presented and looks great, people instantly pick up the box without noticing the actual product and feel that the product is worth getting/good quality.

where as if the box is badly designed damaged of some sort they will turn a blind eye plus if it were to be damaged the person would pick up another because instinctively they would think the product would be faulty.

packaging is a huge importance to companies get it right their product will seel better, its just like advertising and logos get them right your a winner. everyone subconcously takes in everything on a design, it helps the person choose wether they want this or that company.

so yer it does matter if its pretty and yes it does matter about the product inside the box(for people who will say but its the product im buying it for)

EagerDragon
Oct 25, 2007, 06:28 PM

Brave or droped on his head one time too many. Easy to become someone's girlfriend in jail,

EagerDragon
Oct 25, 2007, 06:33 PM

thanks for your reply.

~kyle

Be glad you are dealing with Apple and not Dell, it took about 8 weeks for Dell to sent out the Vista update to users.

Probably a week or two. They first make sure that the retail channel is well stocked.

Steve Jobs=God
Oct 25, 2007, 07:55 PM
Should be getting my copy tomorrow, but shockingly i won't be installing it right away.

Want to do a clean install but the only external HD so to speak i have is my iPod, which won't fit everything on, plus my ex is sending my iLife 08 disc back, just can't go back to 06, even for a day

ronipe
Oct 25, 2007, 07:56 PM
I would assume you just get the normal small black box which says engineered in california or whatever.

awe... that's so sad... :(

Podgy
Oct 25, 2007, 08:42 PM
Damn, poo, n lumpy bits!
Just tracked the delivery of my ***** and it CAME!
Im at work at 10:40 on a Friday morn here in Japan...
POO!

koobcamuk
Oct 26, 2007, 02:31 AM
Damn, poo, n lumpy bits!
Just tracked the delivery of my ***** and it CAME!
Im at work at 10:40 on a Friday morn here in Japan...
POO!

10.5 ha doko ni arimasuka?

technicolor
Oct 26, 2007, 03:32 AM
Have fun!

Please. There are ppl who all they do for their occupation is develop and make packaging. Packaging is an art form.

It has nothing to do with being a child.

Yuck @ you.

RiKo121
Oct 26, 2007, 04:45 AM
Please. There are ppl who all they do for their occupation is develop and make packaging. Packaging is an art form.

It has nothing to do with being a child.

Yuck @ you.

well said! appiciate the work of the designer they work hard to create stuff like this.

Forced Perfect
Oct 26, 2007, 07:59 AM
2007/10/26 07:25 On vehicle for delivery

Dammit! Hurry up!

The box looks cool no matter what people say. Think of it this way: It will never be worse than the Mac OS 8.5 box.

Sijmen
Oct 26, 2007, 08:29 AM
2007/10/26 07:25 On vehicle for delivery

Dammit! Hurry up!

The box looks cool no matter what people say. Think of it this way: It will never be worse than the Mac OS 8.5 box.

For reference:

http://www.acm.uiuc.edu/macwarriors/workshops/applescript/1998/cgi/os85box.jpg

danshaw5
Oct 26, 2007, 10:13 AM
How about a negative rating because all you people are getting worked up over a freakin' box? It's paper with ink on it, people. Packaging for software doesn't actually make your Mac work any better. No wonder people call Mac users "rabid". And, yes, I am a Mac user since my first IIfx, and I'm a graphic designer (26 years, so I know how important package design is), so no lectures on design philosophy are needed.

dvdrtrgn
Oct 26, 2007, 10:33 AM
...It's paper with ink on it, people. ....

No it isn't. :cool:

wjanoch
Oct 26, 2007, 02:18 PM
I got mine from Fedex moments ago, here's my YouTube unboxing video. I think it captures the coolness of the box better than most vids so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAW7sUS2CJ4

Wm

chubad
Oct 27, 2007, 07:39 PM
How about a negative rating because all you people are getting worked up over a freakin' box? It's paper with ink on it, people. Packaging for software doesn't actually make your Mac work any better. No wonder people call Mac users "rabid". And, yes, I am a Mac user since my first IIfx, and I'm a graphic designer (26 years, so I know how important package design is), so no lectures on design philosophy are needed.

It sounds to me like you could use a few design lectures.:rolleyes:
Lets see some of your designs for packages.