Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
I've never bothered with these kind of things before, but TF2 seems popular on the forums so should we set up a little Mac clan?
Anyone be up for that?

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
How does a clan work? Sounds cool.

But judging from the responses of the orange box forum, not many players of the game was responding to the forums. Good number read it though.

Also, users come from different part of the world, given server response will differ depending on where the players are located, it might be hard to get all players in the same game unless there are a ton of players. Different time zones too.

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
Basically you just go into Steam and create the group, then members would simply click the big join button. But since it's for this forum only we should have it invite only.

I'm actually quite impressed at how it works. When you log onto Steam and go to the community page it will show your clans with numbers of people online and playing. Just a really quick way to get us all in a single game. We don't have to bother with all them clan name tags business.

mikedesign

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2007
Spain
I'm up for this, it's a shame no one's replying to this thread, I'd be well up for getting my arse kicked by PC gamers

luffx

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2007
WI
I'll have the Orange Box in a week. I'll join.

I was in a CPL CounterStrike Clan back in 1.5 :D

Can't wait to pwn some PC gamers. hee hee.

mikedesign

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2007
Spain
Excellent, looks like we could have an apple clan:D

Now we just need someone to set it up............anybody?

mikedesign

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2007
Spain
OK, I'm getting impatient, I'm going on TF2 later today, I'll have a look at how easy it is to set up and if no one else has done it I'll give it a try

would probably be better for some one who actually knew what they were doing to hve a try but if no one else will........

jeffzoom91

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2005
Florida
Fark yeah, I'm in! Steam name is Jeffzoom this would be great, joining a server as a group, having the admin go:
"Ohh ****. A herd of Mac users. F***."

mikedesign

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2007
Spain
I'll make it pulic when I get home tonight and post when it's done

easier that way

Let the slaughter of those ugly beige box loving fools begin!!

Help!

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2006
Yes it is still private for some reason... Also I think this should be the macrumors Steam group rather than being limited to team fortress.

mikedesign

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2007
Spain
OK

Finally sorted out the private/public thing, changed ISP so been away for a while

seems that since I was on some other groups have started up but I guess choice is a good thing!

Anyway, come and join!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.